Reporting posts to moderators. - A couple of pointers.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Tue May 08, 2007 6:27 am

One last point. I named both Stu and Peewee in the original topic which was probably a bit out of order. Neither have got back to me yet although no doubt they will, and I just wanted t make it clear I wasn't really having a pop, just pointing out the irony. Bizarrely, both of them will on occasion report a relatively trivial insult, and then take a barrowload of abuse off somebody else and say feck all. and it has to be said of course that as both dish out plenty, they should expect a bit back as well.

So true. :)

Sorry once again I didn't make my irony and humour clear enough. Maybe I did and I'm just not funny 

I don't know mate, you must have some sort of Spanish humour, because I'm having a good laugh.
:laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue May 08, 2007 7:41 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Recently I've been whacking the button "report a mod" because of all the touts invading the site. Do you want me to stop doing this?

???

No I definately don't Doddy as whichever Mod is around will ban the feckers. I got rid of three myself the other day.
An example of what I'm on about though, is the complaint I got (I won't say who it's from out of respect for that poster, although to be honest I don't know them) where they have complained about the "Thierry Henri to Liverpool for 15 mill' "thread.

Now maybe I'm missing something, but other than the fact it's palpable b0ll0cks I can't for the life of me find a problem with it. If we dished out warnings for threads like that, our friend the sorcerer from the valleys would be on a concurrent 999 year sentence FFS.

Someone the other night Pm'd me and said there was a tout on such and such a thread, and I had banned the fecker (the tout that is  :D ) about one minute later. I thought then, wouldn't it be lovely. Instead of that, you get "reporting post to a moderator" and you scroll through a page to find somebody has called somebody a w@nker. Bang out of order you think, and then you click on the previous page and find the person who was called a w@nker called the other bloke a t0sser a page earlier. It's just daft, and too many people are taking themselves way too seriously if you ask me. (Now I'll get PM's off people saying "you were obviously talking about me there). Well feck it, if you think I'mm talking about you then I probably am, grow up  :;):
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue May 08, 2007 7:46 am

Well, ive never reported anything to a mod, because, to be honest, i think its bloody ridiculous lol
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:02 am

well your not talking about me there mick (at last) as that wasnt my complaint  :D

seriously though mick if you want to make a point then make the point without naming names, i have done nothing recently to warrant this and i do object to being used in this way to make a point, my complaint was a valid one and should be dealt with by mods rather than brushed off. (lets just get this clear, one complaint, not a number of complaints sent this way)

i do say earlier that you are a decent mod but if you feel this way then maybe its time to step aside.

now in fairness to others, the reporting post to moderator is no different to pms, it should be written in by the complainer (maybe thats the problem, maybe its not clear and most posters think it highlights the actual post, when in fact it only highlights the thread), and also it goes to all mods rather than just one, so the complaint can be dealt with as soon as a mod logs on.

now in relation to sending you a pm, i sent you a pm last week and asked you a question, you ignored this, you didnt reply, so please tell me should we start sending carrier pigeons, or maybe even registered post so we may get a reply? or maybe you feel we should just ignore the mods, in fact if people should ignore everything then there is no need for any mods really.

now to the henry complaint, when you couldnt find the problem did you pm the complainer and ask him what the problem was or are you just too busy?
112-1077774096

Postby Scottbot » Tue May 08, 2007 8:07 am

GOAT wrote:Well, ive never reported anything to a mod, because, to be honest, i think its bloody ridiculous lol

Go along with that 100% mate. Can't imagine PMing a mod just because i didn't like something someone (that i will never meet) has said to me.

Unless of course they said something really NASTY.

NASTY posters :(

shudder :oh:
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:09 am

well arent goat and scottbot the superhereos   :D
112-1077774096

Postby Scottbot » Tue May 08, 2007 8:11 am

peewee wrote:well arent goat and scottbot the superhereos   :D

Have just reported this post.

:D

Deal with him Mick!!!!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:13 am

:D
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Tue May 08, 2007 8:19 am

peewee wrote:seriously though mick if you want to make a point then make the point without naming names, i have done nothing recently to warrant this and i do object to being used in this way to make a point, my complaint was a valid one and should be dealt with by mods rather than brushed off. (lets just get this clear, one complaint, not a number of complaints sent this way)

i do say earlier that you are a decent mod but if you feel this way then maybe its time to step aside.

now in fairness to others, the reporting post to moderator is no different to pms, it should be written in by the complainer (maybe thats the problem, maybe its not clear and most posters think it highlights the actual post, when in fact it only highlights the thread), and also it goes to all mods rather than just one, so the complaint can be dealt with as soon as a mod logs on.

now in relation to sending you a pm, i sent you a pm last week and asked you a question, you ignored this, you didnt reply, so please tell me should we start sending carrier pigeons, or maybe even registered post so we may get a reply? or maybe you feel we should just ignore the mods, in fact if people should ignore everything then there is no need for any mods really.

now to the henry complaint, when you couldnt find the problem did you pm the complainer and ask him what the problem was or are you just too busy?

Peewee you clearly have totally got the wrong end of the stick here about the original post, the point of it and what I'm getting at. If that's because I haven't explained it very well, then apologies once again on my part but I have to say this "objecting to being used in this way to make a point" is slightly over-dramatising what was a fairly light-hearted and innocent request to users of the forum to put a reason for their complaints, rather than just hitting the button. I was merely "using" the fact that you and Stu have been known to complain as a demonstration that everyone was at it.

As for the Pm you sent me, I jhave no recollection of it but as its clearly important, after I've eaten my dinner I shall see if I can't find it and give you a reply. As I recieve probaly twenty Pm's at least a day i don't get round to answering them all. s for your point about me PM'ing the bloke back to ask him what he was complaining about, I'm at a loss as to what to say really. Suffice to say i haven't no, and if that means I'm not doing the job properly, then once again i apologise. At this point I would refer you to my previous post about people taking themselves far too seriously.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 08, 2007 8:22 am

I blame rotation and our early season form. Of our three big signings only one has been an unqualified success (I doubt we will get much for the other two now) Our established stars haven't been able to dominate the game in the way they should have because of off field distractions such as children, alcohol and trying to have a life.

We need more quality,not more squad players, whether the proposed takeover by the Asia based businessman ever happens or not. I realise that now we are playing with a reduced squad things may be more difficult, but we still expect results. The CL final will no doubt add further demands of our team but I am confident that if we support them as only we can, they will respond to the challenge and any Milan threats will soon disappear.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Tue May 08, 2007 8:22 am

Bigmick really needs to be understood here, as being a mod can be really tiresome.

Without giving names, I'll state some facts about my modship in newkit, I'm a mod in other forums and certainly this forum has it's own personality.

I joined this forum in 2004. Since 2004, to the day I received a PM to be a mod, I had a total amount of 14 Private Messages in my inbox.

During my modship, the number of PAGES in my inbox is greater than 8, thank god the older ones are deleted. So if you ever find that you write to a mod and he doesn't answer back, the amount of PMs they have is the most logic reason to think of, not that they ignore you. I learnt aswell that some members have a prolific underground life, I wager they have more PMs than posts.

I've had funny moments as a mod aswell. Some reports are really funny. Like the ones who complain about some name calling: "I report this post because he called me a w#anker. Deal with the tósser mods". :D

The problem is that the reports haven't a report button to be reported .  :D

I think Bigmick's post is not a go on anybody, and must be read generally. Sometimes people do not realise that being a mod is more difficult than it seems.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:25 am

mick, i am not trying to have a go at you or belittle you here, but i am taking this seriously as i am the one named as though this is a regular occurence, which it isnt.

(but you have to put 'serious' into context) its not the end of the world what happened, i wont lose sleep over it, im not angry about it, but i am dissapointed that i am highlighted in this as an example when i am sure others would be more deserving.

i am sure most posters dont know what happens when they click that button, i never knew until i became mod, so maybe it would have been nicer to explain what happens and what information the need to give rather than look for scapegoats.

sorry if i missed the humour in the light of my privacy being breached
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:37 am

sorry mick, lets leave it there, i am being unfair putting pressure on you but please think before you name names, especially when its unwarranted and undeserved.

maybe just an explanation how to use the 'report' button would have been wiser
112-1077774096

Postby babu » Tue May 08, 2007 8:37 am

I like jonnymac's answer to most of these questions.

we are all adults apart from dward (who we can all learn from, IMO) so SELF MODERATING is the key.

some would say that's just lazy moderating :D (sry jmac) but i reckon that's the best form of moderation.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue May 08, 2007 8:38 am

i am sure most posters dont know what happens when they click that button

THey don't. What it really happens is that they reset the LOST counter to zero.

SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion