Reina booked twice

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:11 pm

According to Wiley's match report, Reina was booked with two yellow cards. One for the tackle on Gudjohnsen and the other on the incident with Robben.

Meaning that he will only miss one match rather than three.

Source: BBC

Liverpool consider Reina appeal 

Reina was dismissed after 82 minutes
Liverpool have yet to decide whether to appeal against goalkeeper Jose Reina's red card against Chelsea on Sunday.
The Spanish goalkeeper was sent off following an altercation with Chelsea's Arjen Robben, during which he placed a hand on the Dutch player's face.

Liverpool have the right to appeal because referee Alan Wiley confirmed the goalkeeper was dismissed after picking up two yellow cards.

The first came for a crude tackle on Chelsea forward Eidur Gudjohnsen.

It was as Reina was called to referee Wiley following his tackle on Gudjohnsen that the incident with Robben took place.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby babu » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:13 pm

That's great news if its true.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steviec » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:15 pm

Robben should be banned for 3 matches, and the ref should be censured as well as millions of people saw what happened and so did he, is he stupid or what? Also the chelsea players started to rough Reina up physically, will any action be taken there?   NO
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:25 pm

I watched the match, I only saw ONE RED CARD. Did I miss the yellow card ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby mark the red » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:28 pm

you must have missed it mate, but the problem is that the rules of the game regarding what went on need to be clarified.  why is it that robben will escape punishment? and why do the chelsea players get away with what they did. i think the authorities should clamp down on cheating. what robben do yesterday was a disgrace and id be ashamed if one of our lot done that
i f**king love leon mc, what a lad
mark the red

Postby flipmode » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:59 pm

Cos he plays for Chelsea and the Refs love them

Image Image

Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:07 pm

So in that case, our boys must learn how to act. One touch on any part of the body , just fall like being hit by the car.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby DAV » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:18 pm

just read on sky sports,we have not put in a appeal

WHY? ???? ???? ????
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:26 pm

Lets face it, the time has come for the so-called footballing authorities to drop the do Fuck All act and start to punish players and teams that are going out with the intention of getting opposing players sent-off or banned. We had the case last season of Gudjohnsen taking a dive to get alonso suspended for the second leg of the champions lge semi and then allegedly admitting he took a dive to get him suspended. Then there was yesterdays debacle with robben and the IMO disgraceful scenes of the chelsea players surrounding Reina in a very vicious and unsportsman like manner which i think is just as bad as a player going down to get another sent off.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:26 pm

DAV wrote:just read on sky sports,we have not put in a appeal

WHY? ???? ???? ????

Because it was two bookable offences and we wouldn't stand a chance.

A tackle from behind is a foul, regardless of weather you take the ball, he was lucky he wasn't sent off for that alone.

Also raising your hands into someones face is a straight red card IN THE RULES OF THE GAME.

Common sense says both were yellow card offenses, hence the reason he was sent of. We have no grounds for complaints.

Had it been a three match ban for either incident serperately we would have had room to complain. As it stands a one match ban for two bookable offences is correct.
115-1073096938

Postby akumaface » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:26 pm

To me, I have no more respect for Robben. He initiated the altercation and end up being the beneficiary. What's wrong with this game??? The fu(king ref was double standard and what if Reina fell when Gallas touches him? Is Gallas going to get a red card??? WTF. It was painful enough to see the lucky Chelski :censored: to score first. I really hate Chelski and they simply represent everything that went wrong in Football. I really don't want it to be true that "money can buy success". When we played the scum, it was fair and square but this one really hard to accept especially Mornihno allegance was hard to swallow. My boss is a Chelsea Bandwagon fans who know sh1t about football and was gloating me all this morning :angry: Almost fu(king hit him (only in my mind of course :D )
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:33 pm

Stu's spot on - regardless of Robben's histrionics, Reina put his hands on him, and that's the offence he was carded for. He can have absolutely no complaints about that.

I think the main point we should be getting across is that "simulation" (as the rules call it) that officials haven't picked up should be subject to the same kind of retrospective evaluation as carded offences are.

In other words, the ref should be able to look at the vid of the game, and give Robben a card for his absolutely outrageous dive. And maybe, in the long run, if it was a red card offence as opposed to a yellow, players would be less inclined to do it.
ivor_the_injun

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:53 pm

i think the referee was :censored: drunk
just look at his face

:p
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:09 pm

I agree - robben is a wank3r for his histrionics....it made the blood boil to see it....but somebody reminded me of a dive by Jan Kronkamp earlier today - surely that was as bad ? He won't win an oscar for it in any case... :Oo:

Life-long LFC fan in Dublin.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 2520years » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:16 pm

stu_the_red has got it spot on, however the original post isn't on the BBC website.  A.B. can you provide a link?
???
My earliest memory.
2520years

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion