Referee

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:11 pm

Uefa will probe Anderlecht substitute Nenad Jestrovic for alleged racial abuse of Liverpool's Mohamed Sissoko in Tuesday's Champions League tie.
Jestrovic claimed Sissoko swore at him but it was the Serbian's comments which saw him immediately shown the red card by referee Kim Milton Nielsen.

Nielsen's report is now being studied by Uefa, which confirmed it will begin an inquiry into the alleged "insult".

Jestrovic denies racial abuse saying "I can't understand why I was sent off."

These things should not be said, but I do not intend to punish my player further

Anderlecht coach Frank Vercauteren

The Anderlecht striker, who had only been on the pitch for five minutes, added, "I approached the referee after the game and he said it was for an obscenity."

Anderlecht coach Frank Vercauteren said he could not condone Jestrovic if it was proven he had racially abused Sissoko.

But he would not take any further action against his player until he knew the full details of Nielsen's report.

"If it was racial abuse, I cannot condone that," said Vercauteren.

"The other player should also have been sent off as well. He said something similar.

"These things should not be said, but I do not intend to punish my player further."

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez said: "I have not spoken to Sissoko about what happened so I do not know what was said."

Uefa will now begin their inquiry which could take up to 15 days to reach a conclusion.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:10 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:
Judge wrote:
Big Niall wrote:Which of the following is unacceptable?

You black****** (everyone so far says it should be sending off)

The Frog (aimed at GH many times on this site because he's French)

Is bigotary against a country ok? how about the various bender comments we get on this site -

Ginger WanKKer etc (I read about a red head who said he's life was full of teasing and he faces descrimination all the time)

I agree that insulting somebody over the colour of their skin is wrong but I don't think it is worse than country/religion/sexual orientation/hair colour etc

I do agree Sissoko was excellent to rise above it and perform out there.

i dont like it and find it offensive when folk call themselves BIG, when they are actually SMALL in stature  :D   :D

Is that not what BIGotory is?  :D

yes  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:35 pm

H_K_LFC wrote:"The other player should also have been sent off as well. He said something similar.

???
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:47 am

dward wrote:
H_K_LFC wrote:"The other player should also have been sent off as well. He said something similar.

???

he did tho'
momo said to jurrasic (whatever, i can't remember) "you are black too!" :upside:  :kungfu:

:D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion