Referee from hell ! - Outplayed chelsea count themselves lucky

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby marcus.c » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:38 pm

It is hard enough to suffer a shot to the solar plexus. But TWO? Hard it is to accept, that was the bitter pill prescribed by Chelsea for Liverpool to swallow. And I cannot take it down.

Mike Riley it was, the man fingered as a catalyst for Oct's food fight between Man Utd and Arsenal, who has to be criticised for his failure to spot a blatant handball by Tiago. My grandma spot the handball first time frm t.v but Mike Riley was, I believe... BLIND ~!

To compound matters, Riley was about to award a spot kick as he had his whistle to his lips but he made an U-turn, a nasty boo-boo that really defied all logic. Riley later claimed his interpretation was a ball to hand but slooooo-mooooo replays clearer showed that Tiago could have followed the example of Nunez by keeping his hands by the side.

We certainly have played Chelsea off the park and dorminated the game in every area. We had the game, we were controlling Chelsea for much of the time.

Maybe it was Chelsea's destiny to win this game when Joe Cole scored to repeat his winning strike at Stamford Bridge ealier this season. If you have looked at Mourinho's body language during the game, you could tell that he was thinking very hard about Liverpool and he had no answer to the Reds play.

I take consolation, at least we have a capable steward at the helm in Benitez. To me, Benitez is the best manager this season. He had to inherit the squad left behind by Gerard Houllier. He does not have a lot of money to spend and has to handle the long injury list. But he has shaped a very strong team in such a short time. Mourinho is fortunate to have many quality players left over from Claudio Ranieri days. And it really says everything when the Portuguese had no reply for Liverpool's style. Just like what he did with Valencia, he has turned Liverpool into a very difficult team to play against.

We just run out of luck...
marcus.c

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:42 pm

How this man still referee's; especially in these big games, is just beyond me!!!

The ref wants sacking, the bloody moron.
77-1099054247

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:51 pm

Agree totally with you Man u
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:58 pm

marcus.c wrote:I take consolation, at least we have a capable steward at the helm in Benitez. To me, Benitez is the best manager this season. He had to inherit the squad left behind by Gerard Houllier. He does not have a lot of money to spend and has to handle the long injury list. But he has shaped a very strong team in such a short time. Mourinho is fortunate to have many quality players left over from Claudio Ranieri days. And it really says everything when the Portuguese had no reply for Liverpool's style. Just like what he did with Valencia, he has turned Liverpool into a very difficult team to play against.

We just run out of luck...

Good post. Totally agree with the Benitez analysis. I thought his tactics were perfect yesterday and the current air of optimism is testimony to that given that we are currently 18 points behind the league leaders.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:34 pm

riley just bottled it, he saw what happened but was too scared to give a big decision that could have had repercussions to the destiny of the title.
he`s ****** scared of ferguson and now it looks like he`s scared of mourinho.
remember when ferguson got a bee in his bonnet about injury time, hey presto if united were down 4 and 5 minutes started to appear on the boards.
coz ref`s are on a few bob thesedays they dont want to rock the boat, they dont want managers with a lot of clout in the f.a slagging them off to their bossses and ****** up their nice little earner.
at least refs like clive the book thomas used to give terrible decisions but look in control. the likes of riley and d`urso just look like nervous wrecks. remember that decision when fulham when the penalty was given then overturned because of the reaction of the arsenal players?
ref`s nowadaze are a joke.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:41 pm

Riley looks like a guy that could be easily intimidated. I was half expecting him to give us a pen second half but unfortunately we didnt really get close enough to goal to make an appeal. He is definately the worst referee in this division. Penalty aside he made some crazy decisions against both teams.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:46 pm

Lets blame, luck, lets blame the ref, lets blame everyone...

For gods sake, the best side in the league won.

For once i didn't see the match but if you fail to take your chances you don't deserve ****** all. If you don't shoot you don't score.

I'm sick of hearing luck and bad decisions as an excuse.

We suposedly played well, playing well doesn't win you games. Scoring goals does.

Get over it, move on and look forward to the next match.
115-1073096938

Postby RedRoots » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:57 pm

The point is Stu that if we got the penalty we deserved and we could've scored and possibly won the game, if you didn't watch the match you can't possibly comment on it you tw@!!!
RedRoots

Postby 116-1104673748 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:33 pm

Yes,and Joe Cole was lucky.The goal was a fluke.
116-1104673748

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:36 pm

RedRoots wrote:The point is Stu that if we got the penalty we deserved and we could've scored and possibly won the game, if you didn't watch the match you can't possibly comment on it you tw@!!!

tips to all newbies - get your post count up before you slag off other members and always know that stu is gonna kick your ******.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:38 pm

thomas88 wrote:Yes,and Joe Cole was lucky.The goal was a fluke.

yeah if you looked at it the shot was dreadful,  it was heading far wide, and if by chance it had stayed within the post Dudek had done a good job of being there to stop it.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:50 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Lets blame, luck, lets blame the ref, lets blame everyone...

For gods sake, the best side in the league won.

For once i didn't see the match but if you fail to take your chances you don't deserve ****** all. If you don't shoot you don't score.

I'm sick of hearing luck and bad decisions as an excuse.

We suposedly played well, playing well doesn't win you games. Scoring goals does.

Get over it, move on and look forward to the next match.

when you get two evenly matched sides crucial decisions and luck can swing games.
that is a fact, not an excuse.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:47 pm

Stu go watching the ****** game ya ******. Had it been somebody else that said what you said without watching the game you would had been all fired up and talking sh!t till dawn.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:50 pm

Yes, Chelsea are the better team.

But yesterday, you lot were playing like the better team and denied of blatant penalties so...
77-1099054247

Postby the great one » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:40 am

I would of loved Carragher to deck him :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion