Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:15 am

£6.75 mil.  Now get Qurasema as well!!!
puroresu

Postby SJD » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:43 am

You definitely have to get the clippers on the old growler for two sheet wipe heaven. Getting the surface stuff is really easy but getting the crack hair is a different trick altogether. Careful of the sphinctor with the clipper blades, you'll :censored: know about it. If you are like me and have absolutely no shame, get her indoors to do it. It's much better than straddling a mirror placed on the floor. Whilst bent over in a compromising position it is very tempting to 'reward' your better half with a noxious floater. Never do this. She will never do it for you again and will likely snag your knackers in revenge.
SJD

Postby ajaxs21 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:48 am

i really dint see  the play beofe eigher for ajax or the national team but if he cant be a hit at Liverpool i hope we dint wast out money on him
ajaxs21

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:55 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6285040.stm

Liverpool make improved Babel bid 

Babel impressed for Holland in the European Under-21 Championship
Liverpool are closing in on a £13.5m deal for Ryan Babel after Ajax admitted boss Rafa Benitez had made an improved bid for the Holland under-21 star.
BBC Five Live Sport revealed Liverpool had initially offered £10m for the 20-year-old forward.

But Ajax technical director Martin van Geel said: "Liverpool are very serious about signing Babal and have made an offer a lot higher than before.

"Because they want him so much, I think we will lose him."

The Dutch club are holding out for £13.5m for Babel, who has also been linked to Arsenal.

Babel's agent told Sportweek magazine: "Liverpool have made a bid for Ryan but he hasn't spoken with them.

"We can only speak when Ajax say the clubs have an agreement, and phase two can start, but it's not that far yet."

But Five Live football correspondent Jonathan Legard has been told a deal could go through on Wednesday.

He said: "He was strongly linked to Arsenal but Liverpool have made their move and it seems they will use the money from Craig Bellamy's move to West Ham to bring in one of Europe's finest young talents."

Babel impressed as part of the Holland Under-21 team that won the recent European Championship.

Liverpool boss Benitez signed striker Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid last week and admitted he was looking to sign wide players to help supply his new acquisition.

Babel made 27 Eredivisie appearances for Ajax last season, scoring five goals.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:52 am

You beat me to it GOAT :D

Well it looks like we will have him by the end of the week.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:53 am

hmm thats a lot of money for him.
shame we have not spent any money on getting english players.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:54 am

SJD wrote:You definitely have to get the clippers on the old growler for two sheet wipe heaven. Getting the surface stuff is really easy but getting the crack hair is a different trick altogether. Careful of the sphinctor with the clipper blades, you'll :censored: know about it. If you are like me and have absolutely no shame, get her indoors to do it. It's much better than straddling a mirror placed on the floor. Whilst bent over in a compromising position it is very tempting to 'reward' your better half with a noxious floater. Never do this. She will never do it for you again and will likely snag your knackers in revenge.

:laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:00 am

lakes10 wrote:hmm thats a lot of money for him.
shame we have not spent any money on getting english players.

Which Enlglish players are on the market right now that would suit us? Apart from Micah Richards I cant really think of anyone and even he isnt proven yet.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:05 am

Well none of us know the price at the moment, but I'm a bit concered if the bbc article above is right, with the quotes in it from the Ajax technical director, due to the price.

Which article is right? - the usually trustworthy broadsheet (who are also wrong on occasion) - or the BBC (who are not usually wrong themselves) who also have quotes from officals and agents.

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, and I'm sure rafa knows what he's doing, but to have a fair few Ajax and dutch fans on here, all of them saying he is good, but ALL of them saying he's not worth £13.5mil

--
For £6.75mil I'd definately take him and then go get Quaresma

But for £13.5 ??? - Quaresma would be available for £14/15mil - Why not put in £1mil more and get someone who's already twice as good.
--

The way I see it is that Quaresma would bring something special to our team, a ronaldo factor if you will, will feature in more games and can turn a game or unlock a defence. Babel on the other hand is good, but not quite good enough to make that difference at the moment. And for the sake of a few million, I would hope that we would go out and sign a player that will improve our first 11, and give us something extra

Also what happened to Rafa wanting players who really wanted to play for this club? - Babel was rumoured to join arsenal last season, but opted for another year at Ajax, but did say "I will play for Arsenal at some point in my career"
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:12 am

Torres also said a few years ago that if he ever moved to England he would only move to Arsenal. So the :censored: what? ???

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:24 am

bavlondon wrote:Torres also said a few years ago that if he ever moved to England he would only move to Arsenal. So the :censored: what? ???

well, it doesn't really matter. (hence why it was only 2 and a half lines at the end of my post) - just thinking while i was typing really. - only mentioned it cause after maluda, a few people had been saying rafa only wanted to sign players who have a real desire to play for Liverpool
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:25 am

If i was looking for a young dutch winger then Roysten Drenthe would be my personal choice but then i have only seen them playing in the U21 Championships so my knowledge on both him and Babbel is not huge.
What i did see of Drenthe though really impressed me and although Babbel has been getting alot of attention my opinion of the two would suggest that he was an inferior player to Drenthe.
Hopefully if this does go through i am proved that this is not the case, and we also get another winger to come straight into the 1st team.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craigaldinho » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:33 am

heh all, my first post so go easy please.
i for one hope that this ryan babel chap signs for us. if arsene wenger was interested then thats a good sign as arsenals recruitment is one of the best around. However we are now taking over that mantel with some astute raids on clubs in the last few weeks. Hopefully this will turn out to be a purchase for the future in the sense that if this ryan babel is that good (£13.5 mil) he will keep that value.
But make no mistake we have to be careful not to purchase on a whim i.e le tallec. One of the best up and coming players in world football according GH. never cut the mustard at all

fingers crossed Ryan Babel can be a wonder stroke. Much needed speed and ability and a producer of goals as well as a scorer. Torres may well have found a new best friend. In rafa we trust
:buttrock
craigaldinho

Postby StefanoAFCA » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:50 am

heh all, my first post so go easy please.
i for one hope that this ryan babel chap signs for us. if arsene wenger was interested then thats a good sign as arsenals recruitment is one of the best around. However we are now taking over that mantel with some astute raids on clubs in the last few weeks. Hopefully this will turn out to be a purchase for the future in the sense that if this ryan babel is that good (£13.5 mil) he will keep that value.
But make no mistake we have to be careful not to purchase on a whim i.e le tallec. One of the best up and coming players in world football according GH. never cut the mustard at all

fingers crossed Ryan Babel can be a wonder stroke. Much needed speed and ability and a producer of goals as well as a scorer. Torres may well have found a new best friend. In rafa we trust

Wenger sees a lot of talent in Babel, also our manager Ten Cate sees something special in him. This are two managers who know what they are talking about. Wenger works a lot with young talents and Ten Cate was assistant manager at Barcelona when they won the CL, so he has worked with players like Messi and Ronaldinho. I'm a little bit affraid that you will ruin his talent, when he would go to arsenal I'm sure it will work out fine. Van Persie also needed a lot of fine tuning when he came to highbury and now he is a great player. Wenger knows how to use talents. Rafa is a great tactical coach, but I don't really know how good he is with talents. At this moment Babel ísn't good enough for your starting eleven, he will need to play a lot to become better.
StefanoAFCA

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:58 am

StefanoAFCA wrote:At this moment Babel ísn't good enough for your starting eleven, he will need to play a lot to become better.

unfortunately thats a phrase i keep hearing. and it has been said by practically every ajax fan who has come on this site.

i'll be dissapointed if we do sign babel and no-one else. babel and Quaresma, would be excellent. but not just babel alone.

We need a winger to improve our first team, someone else to unlock defences who can come in and make an imeadiate impact - help us challenge for the league - this season. It sounds like Babel needs a couple more full seasons behind him before he's first team material at liverpool, and that worries me a little.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion