Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tommycockles » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:16 pm

redsince2001 wrote:why did he laugh ?? ???

Not sure- if it was an evil 'Mwaa Haa haa ha' type laugh then maybe he's planning world domination!! Or maybe he just saw Rafa's goatie for the first time!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:18 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
passmeistro_#14 wrote:apparently, Hicks has just been on sky sports news and said that we're signing one more player after these 2 (benayoun & babel) and laughed his head off.  :cool:

Did you see this yourself or did someone tell you, cos i have been watching it on off today and havent seen anything with Hicks.
Just Benayoun arriving for medical signing autographs.

saw it on one of the other liverpool forums, i think it was rawk?  ???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:29 pm

tommycockles wrote:
redsince2001 wrote:why did he laugh ?? ???

Not sure- if it was an evil 'Mwaa Haa haa ha' type laugh then maybe he's planning world domination!! Or maybe he just saw Rafa's goatie for the first time!

and puts his pinky on his mouth... "Mwahhahhaahha" it reminds you of certain someone!  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmymac » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:33 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
passmeistro_#14 wrote:apparently, Hicks has just been on sky sports news and said that we're signing one more player after these 2 (benayoun & babel) and laughed his head off.  :cool:

Did you see this yourself or did someone tell you, cos i have been watching it on off today and havent seen anything with Hicks.
Just Benayoun arriving for medical signing autographs.

I watched it, hang on and i'll get the mini transcript i was trying to write off at the time of him talking, missed some chunks but sky sports news will hopefully post it on their website soon enough

edit : here you go

Nice little interview wth Tom Hicks, few little things have been slightly slipped out by him

was asked on the situation with Babel and Youssi. Hicks said "i've just woken up here so is there any news being reported there". Reporter said "we hear the babel and youssi are close should we expect those to be confirmed soon" Hicks "yes i think so"

Reporter asked if we should expect anymore hicks said "i think we could expect one more"

Also quizzed on the stadium, said it will be bigger than orginally planned, reckons people will be very excited when they see it, eventual plans to have it in the Mid to high 70 thousands
Jimmymac

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:45 pm

This sounds interesting. In my opinion we need another winger (even if we sign Babel), because we could do with some more flair and goalthreats from midfield. This is what I hope the last signing will be; a big-name winger. But I don't think we can rule out the possibility, that Rafa might be searching for another defender, as Hyypia is getting on in age and we all know Paletta just isn't good enough. We've also been linked with both Kompany and Heinze recently (though I very much doubt the last mentioned will be joining us), so maybe another defender in? If we are looking for defenders, I hope we rekindle our interest in Alves, as he is awesome, in my humble opinion :cool: I've read somewhere that Chelsea are thinking about buying him, and that would be a real shame. Furthermore he might be able to operate as a right winger as well. I know Alves isn't a central defender, but I believe Arbeloa would be able to deputize in the centre, as I think he played there in Deportivo (but feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong). So all in all: just buy Alves, and I'll be a happy camper! If not him, then another class act winger (Quaresma, Mancini or someone in that mould).
JamCar05

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:04 pm

babel is ok on footie manager, nothing special though

think its time to edit and put torres, benayoun and babel at liverpool and see how we do for the season
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:09 pm

SSN has just said Babel has agreed personal terms and passed a medical. No fee yet announced/ revealed.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:17 pm

I for one am very happy :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:28 pm

i for two am happy as he stood out in the under 21 against england and the price will be a bit now and some on appearances , i wonder who the other one hicks was talking about ?//?
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:30 pm

:oh:
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:31 pm

Heinze, Owen, or Simao? Defence, striker or winger? As we already have 4 strikers and Babel can play there as well as with Benayoun on the wings, I would presume if we do sign another player it will be a defender. Heinze while not a popular choice as a manc, would certainly tick a number of the right boxes, and may still be  possibility. 

Might account for the laughter too  :D
account deleted by request

Postby CardinalRed » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:39 pm

I know there are the "I'll reserve judgement" bunch who keep posting on here but if it had been Chelsea or Arsenal signing this kid we'd have been moaning that we're not keeping up with the Jones's!
Let's get behind him and all the other signings......... I feel something good a comin'!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:21 pm

nono i never heard it off some 1 else i seen it on sky sports news :cool:
Kopite-Jud

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:32 pm

i still reckon we need one more top quality winger ...quaresma would be perfect ...but the chances of that happening seem very slim now ... :(
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:34 pm

oh well ...must make do with what we have .... this transfer window has been by far the most promising in my six years of supporting this club....
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion