Reds in with stelios bid

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:48 am

i know its from koptalk....but if it is true....OMG  :angry:

not really the winger i wanted at this club....

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1

According to reports originating from Greece, Liverpool have signed Bolton midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos on a 2-year-deal.

Speaking only last month, Bolton Chairman Phil Gartside issued Liverpool with a "hands off" warning following intense speculation that we were about to make a move for the winger.

At the time Gartside said: "We are not prepared to let him go. He's on a long-term deal and he is not for sale."

Gartside's words came on the same day that Giannakopoulos said: "All I know is that Liverpool have shown interest in me. I don't want to say anything more as right now I have a contract with Bolton. It's an honour for me and for Bolton to attract interest from Liverpool. We'll see what happens."

The 30-year-old (31 in July) £2million-rated Greek international scored eight goals in thirty-eight games last season. Signed from Olympiakos on a Bosman in 2003, Giannakopoulos has a year left on his existing contract with Bolton. His real name is Stylianos but he prefers to be called Stelios.

Meanwhile Insider sources claim that Liverpool have been holding secret talks with an agent for the last three months which could result in a further injection of Irish blood into the ranks. Is it a proven international that Rafa is trying to sign or is it simply a kid or two to strengthen his reserve squad for the new campaign? Keep your eyes and your ears open! Although some details have been leaked from our underworld community @ www.koptalkinsider.com, if you are a member, you are advised to log-in to read the original/genuine reports and not just the rumours that have been cropping up on other websites.

http://www.liverpool4ever.dk/modules....&sid=93

Reports from Greece have linked Liverpool with a £1m move for Bolton’s Greek Euro champ Stelios Giannakopoulos. Rafael Benitez needs to improve the depth in his Liverpool squad and bringing in the winger Stelios for small money looks to be a good investment. Stelios is known to be a winger with creativity and a very high work rate. Benitez is rumoured to offer Stelios a two year long contract.

Liverpool who recently learned they are to play the Welsh Champions TNS in the first qualifying round of the Champions League, are set to start their pre-season training today at Melwood.
Last edited by The_Rock on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:31 am

bigmick wrote:I find this assumption that every Liverpool supporter will only be happy if we bid for 20m superstars such as E'to, Figo, Ballack etc puzzling. I have long advocated the purchase of some good, solid performers who do it week in, week out.
Steve Finnan is a fine example of the type of player I am referring to, a good rock-solid pro. Stelios is no mug, he plays for a team who finished level with us last season and Internationally he won the European Championships so he will hardly look out of his depth in our team. Bring him on I say.

i find your assumption that EVERY Liverpool supporter will only be happy when we bid for 20 million superstars also puzzling considering amount of postiive feedback this proposed transfer has garnered in this thread alone   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:11 am

Dalglish wrote:Looking at rafa's transfer record of the 6  players he has purchased Garcia, Morientes and Carson most would say have been decent buys. There are mixed feelings on Pelegrino , Nunez and Josemi but it's important to realise he didn't pay big money for any of these players.

forgeting a certain Mr Alonso  :rasp
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:34 am

Yes hes already proved that he knows who to buy. Ok so Nunez and Pelle didnt quite work out. But look, now we have a great player in Garcia and in my opinion a world class midfielder in Alonso. And look what he done with previously underperforming players like Traore and Le Tallec. I think Stellios will if anything strengthen out backbone. Apparently its only 1Million. I think its already done, perhaps part of the Diouf deal?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:02 pm

It now appears that Bolton are trying to keep Stelios at the reebok stadium
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion