Reals interest - Alarming

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:52 pm

Madrid candidate claims Baros deal

By James Carroll
Date: 6/7/2004

Real Madrid's presidential candidate Lorenzo Sanz claims that he has agreed a deal with Liverpool striker and Euro 2004 golden boot winner Milan Baros that will take the Czech star to the Spanish giants if he is elected on Sunday.

Baros finished Euro 2004 as the top goalscorer with five strikes to his name and is currently attracting a lot of interest.

Aston Villa are reportedly prepared to make a cheeky £3m offer for Baros, which will be rejected by Liverpool of course.

However, Sanz claims that he has already agreed a deal with Baros and he will take him along with Czech team mate Tomas Rosicky and Portugal star Maniche to the Spanish capital if he wins the election this weekend.

He said tonight: "We were at the final of Euro 2004 and made important agreements with three players while we were there."

"If we win the election, Maniche and Baros will be at the disposal of Real Madrid coach Jose Antonio Camacho from next Monday. Rosicky will be available to sign for the club in a year's time."

Liverpool have yet to comment.

Shanklygates.co.uk

Now if there is any truth in that then this is a major cause for concern ..........anyone ?
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:56 pm

This is also on teamtalk.com and the BBC Sport website, they are bold words and I don't like the sound of that, I just hope he isn't elected and if Baros does go we should get £8m+ and if that is the case good luck to him cos he was wasted by GH.

Fingers crossed :(
Last edited by Paul C on Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:07 am

Paul C wrote:This is also on teamtalk.com and the BBC Sport website, they are bold words and I don't like the sound of that, I just hope he isn't elected and if Baros does go we should get £8m+ and if that is the case good luck to him cos he was wasted by GH.

Fingers crossed :(

Im hoping its just pre-election propaganda from Sanz in a vain attempt to oust the favourite candidate  that being Perez .

Just pray  his bid fails dramatically Paul
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:38 am

its just election propoganda, on sky sports news the candidate admitted to not having made any contact with rosicky and baros, he's only spoken to to porto about maniche and thats all
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:23 am

Fingers crossed that nothing comes of this. I've been a bit concerned that we're still being linked with strikers - I see that Kluivert's name has come up again - and the last thing I want to see is more evidence that the club can't see a good thing when it's right under their nose (ie: Fowler, Anelka...)

Baros is going to start the new season with the wind in his sails - his performances in Portugal basically mean that he's hitting the ground running in terms of finding form, and I'd be livid if we offloaded him.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Rafa » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:04 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:its just election propoganda, on sky sports news the candidate admitted to not having made any contact with rosicky and baros, he's only spoken to to porto about maniche and thats all

True, its a load of ******, he is just tryin to get elected
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:08 am

benitez said that every player will get a chance to prove himself.By that reckoning Baros has done enough to warrant a first team spot already.Madrid and Chelsea should keep their sweaty hands off our players.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:08 am

We're also being linked with another striker Amoroso (realeased from Dortmund)..!
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:56 am

Not to worry Assasination is just round the corner,:D :D :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:49 am

We should make a bid for Ronaldo, see how they like it. 

We ain't no selling club, Chelshite and those cherry pickers Madrid can keep their hands to themselves.  Baros is definitely worthy of the Liverpool shirt.  With the right coaching, he could be an even better player than he is now, perhaps 15-20% better.
jonnymac1979

Postby jymbojetset » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:08 am

Just came accross this from official website (albeit media watch section).

Be glad when season starts and all this c**p stops.

BAROS CONFIRMS REAL OFFER
SKY Sports 07 July 2004 

Liverpool forward Milan Baros has confirmed he has been made an offer to join Real Madrid. 

The Czech Republic international increased his stock at over the summer when topping the goalscoring charts at Euro 2004, but his future at Liverpool is in doubt.

Baros was a fringe player under former Reds boss Gerard Houllier and he has yet to speak to Rafa Benitez about his role at Anfield next term.

The 22-year-old said during Euro 2004 that he would not accept a place on the bench on Merseyside, and it would appear as if his comments filtered through to one of the candidates for Real's presidential race.

Lorenzo Sanz has set his sights on landing Baros, and is claiming a deal will be struck if he beats Florentino Perez to the high-profile role, and the Czech star has confirmed he has been sounded out about joining Real.

"Real Madrid have made a concrete offer but it is still a question of discussions," Baros told Czech TV.

"It is only an offer. I still have a contract with Liverpool and go back there on July 19."

Sanz is standing against Perez, and businessman Arturo Baldasano in Real's forthcoming elections.

This story has been reproduced from today's media and is not necessarily the position of Liverpool FC.
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:32 am

Same story from BBC Sport. This is starting to make me a little nervous.

There could be some slightly unfortunate knock-on effects from Owen's new contract offer, I reckon. You don't pay a player £80,000 to sit on the bench, and I wonder if this is in Baros' mind or not. On the other hand, I wonder exactly how much action he'd get at Real.

----
Baros reveals Real offer

Milan Baros has revealed that Spanish giants Real Madrid have made a bid to buy him from Liverpool.

Real presidential candidate Lorenzo Sanz admits he has targeted Baros.

And the Czech Republic striker told Czech television: "Real Madrid have made a concrete offer but it is still a question of discussions."

Baros, top scorer at Euro 2004 with five goals, said: "It is only an offer. I still have a contract with Liverpool and go back there on 19 July."

Baros was the main marksman for the Czechs in their run to the semis.

But he has only been a bit-part player at Anfield since joining Liverpool from Banik Ostrava for £3.2m in 2002.

However, Liverpool may be reluctant to sell Baros given his excellent form for the Czechs and the fact that fellow striker Michael Owen is only likely to sign a contract extension to his current deal.

Baros, 22, has indicated that he wants to stay at Liverpool and prove himself to new boss Rafael Benitez.

"All I can hope is that I transfer this form to next season and I'm sure I can," said Baros at Euro 2004.

"It was a very difficult period for me but now I'm sure I can play for Liverpool like I'm playing for the Czechs."

Sanz, who will compete against Perez in this month's presidential elections, is also believed to be interested in signing Portugal midfielder Maniche, who was one of Euro 2004's most impressive performers.

The Czech Republic's Tomas Rosicky is another player on Sanz's shopping list and he is keen to sign a pre-contract agreement with Borrusia Dortmund to secure Rosicky's
ivor_the_injun

Postby blind » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:02 pm

hopefully this will end up like the guy at barcelona with egg on his face after promising players. Cause the players don't always do as the money men want.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:32 pm

I think that Baros should talk to Benni first and give him a chance cos I think that he is p1ssed off, rightly so, but the problem he had was with Houllier and he has gone now, he should have a fresh start with Benitez and enjoy the future he has with LFC.

Surely he cannot approach Baros without Liverpool FC giving him permission first?  ???  :angry:
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:38 pm

Would Baros be wasted at Real?  They still have Raul, Ronaldo and Morientes is still under contract to them.  Would he get in their side?
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion