Real rev up rafa hunt - Madrid want liverpool boss

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:55 pm

Thank cisse!! Will do. Think I was on it the other day! Does it matter if its not a Liverpool player? :D
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:57 pm

kazza 1 wrote:Thank cisse!! Will do. Think I was on it the other day! Does it matter if its not a Liverpool player? :D

No not really but no mancs or Bluenoses :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:01 pm

No its none of those! :D Its David Healy (Leeds). Don't like the mancs or bluenoses either! Though over here the bluenoses are Linfield supporters............ :alien:
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:09 pm

kazza 1 wrote:No its none of those! :D Its David Healy (Leeds). Don't like the mancs or bluenoses either! Though over here the bluenoses are Linfield supporters............ :alien:

Post your pics up but type in some Liverpool hunks in your search engine they are No1 priority of the Hunkzone :love:  :devil:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:17 pm

Not a problem!!
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:28 am

Rafael Benitez has reacted to speculation from Spain that Real Madrid might want him as their manager for next season by insisting: "It's just another rumour." 
Madrid are expected to sack current boss Vanderlei Luxembergo at the end of the season following their exit from the Champions League and their disappointing challenge for this year's La Liga title.

Influential Spanish newspaper 'Marca' believes Italian Fabio Capello is Madrid's number one choice, but that Benitez is the second name on a shortlist of two.

However, the Liverpool boss last night reaffirmed his commitment to the job he has taken on at Anfield and insisted he expects to be on Merseyside for a long time.

He said: "Real Madrid is just another rumour. At the moment I don't have any other ideas apart from the Blackburn Rovers game.

"I am proud to be the Liverpool manager and now I want to beat Blackburn. I have five years on my contract so why shouldn't I be here for a long time?"
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:44 am

despite rafa's statements about being happy at liverpool and having a 5 year contract it is also well known that he wants to return to manage madrid at some time in his career. i would imagine that the biggest doubt in his mind about that right now is the hire and fire policy and the lack of say the manager has about what players get signed and the galactico culture.

however, even perez must be realising now that this policy is not working. if he can persuade the man he wants that he will change the way the club is run i'm sure rafa will have some hard thinking to do in the summer.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:56 am

andy_g wrote:despite rafa's statements about being happy at liverpool and having a 5 year contract it is also well known that he wants to return to manage madrid at some time in his career. i would imagine that the biggest doubt in his mind about that right now is the hire and fire policy and the lack of say the manager has about what players get signed and the galactico culture.

however, even perez must be realising now that this policy is not working. if he can persuade the man he wants that he will change the way the club is run i'm sure rafa will have some hard thinking to do in the summer.

The way Real is run at this moment in time is completely the opposite of the ethos and philosphies of Rafa Benitez.

Our club is respectable and has massive traditions, and Rafa is a man of dignity and honour and a club like Liverpool and  manger like himself go hand in hand with the Liverpool Way.

Real has far too much internal politics and big egos in the dressing room for the manager to have toral acontrol of the team. Perez and many of the players at Real Madrid are considered more importnat than the manager and almost bigger than the club itself!

Rafa left Valencia for these sort of reasons, and Liverpool suits him as the fans and board believe in him and are willing to give him large control of most aspects involved with the team.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:34 pm

sky sports
Rafa Benitez refused to talk about rumours linking him to Real Madrid after Liverpool's disappointing 0-0 draw against Blackburn.
Benitez has been suggested as a potential replacement for Wanderley Luxemburgo for Real after their exit from the UEFA Champions League - but the Liverpool boss refused to comment on the talk.
"I always say the same thing," Benitez told Sky Sports. "We don't talk about rumours

he said the same thing just before he come to us.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:40 pm

stmichael wrote:
Sean wrote:Madrids biggest mistake was to suck off Del Bosque. 

that's what you get for winning the european cup :D

not bad return i say  :D   :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Mighty Liverpool » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:35 pm

Please go onto link and realise Benitez is not going anywhere. Enough said on this topic!!

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N148176050317-1434.htm
The Mighty Liverpool

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion