REAL MADRID VS LIVERPOOL - Champions league 1st k/o round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:30 pm

The Spanish press are a complete joke. Hardly a surprise that they've run stories all the way up to kick off about how Torres is going to Barcelona next season, Gerrard is unhappy, Rafa wants out, the club's going under etc.

They obviously feel Real need all the help they can get.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Was finishing off a season on a footy management game last night. Took over Liverpool (so my first season), brought in some players like Simao, Lahm, Terry, Defoe, etc and was aiming to win every trophy. It took me two nights to complete that season, won the Premiership with just one defeat and with four games to go, won the FA Cup and League Cup and reached the Champions League Final. Last game, one game from winning EVERYTHING and I faced REAL MADRID - I lost 0-1, maybe an omen....................................... I've not won everything first time of asking on that particular game before, to come so close and lose it on the very very last game was so.......................... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:00 pm

unrealistic :;):

sorry was just finishing off your sentance :p
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:03 pm

According to our man who gets the teams correct over on rawk . Marca are right and barring any reaction between now and then .Stevie will be fit to play in Madrid . Now wether Rafa does what he did with Torres and put him on the bench is a different matter . But he is training and he is fit . We shall see !!!!
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:06 pm

GERRARD RETURNS TO TRAINING
Posted 17/02/09 08:26

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is on course to appear in next week's Champions League tie with Real Madrid after returning to training.

Originally ruled out for three weeks after suffering a hamstring injury against Everton at the start of the month, Gerrard made his comeback in training on Monday.

According to the Guardian, the midfielder is 'optimistic' of meeting his scheduled recovery date at the Bernaéu next Wednesday
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:54 pm

I know this might sound strange but would anyone give him a little run out with the ressies first. i would not want to risk him in Madrid tbh. No set backs please
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:53 pm

He wouldn't get near the pitch in Madrid for me. It would make absolutely no difference at all how much running around he's doing at Melwood, his next appearance should be a sub against Man City.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:This Marcelo. Is he the player that played on the left against Italy for Brazil in the friendly last week ?
If it is, he looked a top player.

Defensively is an absolute disaster but he´s good going forward.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:03 pm

Owzat wrote:Was finishing off a season on a footy management game last night. Took over Liverpool (so my first season), brought in some players like Simao, Lahm, Terry, Defoe, etc and was aiming to win every trophy. It took me two nights to complete that season, won the Premiership with just one defeat and with four games to go, won the FA Cup and League Cup and reached the Champions League Final. Last game, one game from winning EVERYTHING and I faced REAL MADRID - I lost 0-1, maybe an omen....................................... I've not won everything first time of asking on that particular game before, to come so close and lose it on the very very last game was so.......................... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Got the stats from that Owz? :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Sabre wrote:Just an historical note for the more veteran guys, the men in the MARCA front page are the guys who played and lost the historical final of 1981 against Liverpool. They say they want revenge :D

Even Laurie Cunningham?  :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:09 pm

Sabre wrote:Image

Headline: GERRARD IS GOING TO PLAY IN THE BERNABEU

Above the headline: Rafa, your tricks won't work.

------------

After reading the article I wouldn't think Gerrard is going to play in the Bernabeu. Inside the article they claim that Gerrard is training in secret. But they say that Gerrard is doing continuous runs, which as you know is the first exercise you'd make after an injury like that.

If Gerrard was doing sprints or hitting the ball I'd take seriously he's going to play in the Bernabeu, but I think that headline is just a way to start heating the match.

Anyhow, it's good Gerrard's recovery is at a good pace. I care more about him being available for the next league match.

is that a Bernabeu shaped mp3 player dock?
JoeTerp

Postby kan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:46 am

seems like robben wants his revenge on Liverpool after 2 CL semi finals loss back in 2005 and 2007.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news....cc=5901
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
Kurt Cobain
kan

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:50 am

kan wrote:seems like robben wants his revenge on Liverpool after 2 CL semi finals loss back in 2005 and 2007.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news....cc=5901

Does he, well he can go feck himself the little knobhead. Never liked the little c... in the first place, ever since his dying swan act which got Reina sent off. Cheating little fecker.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:39 am

I'm surprised so many people want us to "get a result", we've blamed Rafa for prioritising this over the league in the past few seasons and yet people on here can't let go of the competition either.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Excellent analysis on the CL tie from Revisia La Liga extra with Balague and Graham Hunter. Analysis of our tie at about 11.20.

http://www.skysports.com/video....vPage=1
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion