REAL MADRID VS LIVERPOOL - Champions league 1st k/o round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:33 pm

Effes wrote:I would love at least a goal. 1-1 would be a good result.

Just hate playing at home when we've not scored away.

I've been growing my nails!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:02 am

a 1-1 would be a great result for us but i can see us struggling a bit in this one... think Rafa will need to get his tactics and indeed his selection absolutely spot on for us not to get run ragged by the Madrid midfield in this one... but then again he usually does in the Cl so theres plenty of hope here...

need to keep an eye on Higuain and Sneijder though as they both seem to be doing well at the moment...
their whole team is playing well and theyr defending superbly too.. ramos is no mug and hes organized that side brilliantly from what iv seen... he too is a cup expert and knows how to get his players to perform better than they usually do in Europe hence the back to back Uefa cups with Seville...

Should be an interesting one and can see it being pretty tight... hope we nick an early goal and then try to hit them on the counter because they seem to be alot better against sides that sit back and allows them space and time on the ball...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:29 am

I was leaning towards to a 2:1 loss but I reckon we can sneak a 1:1 draw there. Torres will be well fired up, I expect him to take a bit of stick when we play. Any news on Gerrard?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby centarec » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:47 am

Gerard will prob. be playing , he went with the team to Madrid
centarec

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:04 am

Effes wrote:I would love at least a goal. 1-1 would be a good result.

Just hate playing at home when we've not scored away.

I'd rather be home 1st leg, the away side not knowing how the game will pan out and perhaps hoping to keep it tight and sneak an away goal. Home side scores one, does the away side push for an equaliser or sit on a 0-1 deficit?

But MON has shown his hand, not caring about Europe and reportedly leaving out eight key players from his squad - and that's just to concentrate on finishing top four. I'm sure we can't really be seen to be giving up on a major competition, but I'd rather we went out and gave the league EVERYTHING. It's about time someone bucked their ideas up and the side starting performing, whether the players need a kick up the Rs or the manager.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:12 am

A defining game in Liverpools history tonight, lets hope its a win
112-1077774096

Postby The_Rock » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 am

Forget the league....we are too far behind.

This is the most important game so far this season.

No more $hitty team selections....Just pick the strongest team benitez.
Last edited by The_Rock on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:49 am

I think we'll win both matches 1-0. Gerrard to score Home and Away.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PyroliMadrik » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:29 am

Please someone confirm if Xabi ALonso playing I have him priced at 9.00 anytime scorer
Personal sports blog:

http://alhilal.blogabet.com/
PyroliMadrik

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:34 am

I don't think the team has been announced yet mate, but Alonso will be almost certainly, as certain as you can be when Rafa is picking the team, playing. He might be on the left wing or something :D, but he'll be playing. Unless he's looked a bit peaky in training, then he might not  :(
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PyroliMadrik » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:42 am

I'd take him to score and Torres too since both will play with some motivation ( both are spanish ) and since Henry ( french ) scored for barcelona last night against french opposition its likely to see one of Xabi or Torres score against "fantastic" Real Madrid defense who looked impressive against Santander, Gijon, Betis Lmao!

Real Madrid on fire since Juande Ramos arrived, still Betis , Santander, Gijon or other teams Real trashed are not good teams in Spain, bellow average. Of course Real had impressive record, and defense improuved against such low teams that dont put you troubles at all and just sit back and try to avoid humiliation Lmaooo.. really impressive to keep a clean sheet against Santander, Numancia ?? :D

Lets go REDS!!! 

Some previews if you like bets on my blog :angry: LUCAS LEIVAS GO TO HELL FREAK :angry:
Personal sports blog:

http://alhilal.blogabet.com/
PyroliMadrik

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:47 am

PyroliMadrik wrote:LUCAS LEIVAS GO TO HELL FREAK :angry:

:laugh:
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:50 am

PyroliMadrik wrote:I'd take him to score and Torres too since both will play with some motivation ( both are spanish ) and since Henry ( french ) scored for barcelona last night against french opposition its likely to see one of Xabi or Torres score against "fantastic" Real Madrid defense who looked impressive against Santander, Gijon, Betis Lmao!

Real Madrid on fire since Juande Ramos arrived, still Betis , Santander, Gijon or other teams Real trashed are not good teams in Spain, bellow average. Of course Real had impressive record, and defense improuved against such low teams that dont put you troubles at all and just sit back and try to avoid humiliation Lmaooo.. really impressive to keep a clean sheet against Santander, Numancia ?? :D

Lets go REDS!!! 

Some previews if you like bets on my blog :angry: LUCAS LEIVAS GO TO HELL FREAK :angry:

Go to hell freak ?!?! ffs  :no
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:55 am

GYBS wrote:
PyroliMadrik wrote:I'd take him to score and Torres too since both will play with some motivation ( both are spanish ) and since Henry ( french ) scored for barcelona last night against french opposition its likely to see one of Xabi or Torres score against "fantastic" Real Madrid defense who looked impressive against Santander, Gijon, Betis Lmao!

Lets go REDS!!! 

Oh FFS GYBS get a f8cking grip.

Liverpool to win 3-2 on agg
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 pm

metalhead wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Lets go REDS!!! 

Oh FFS GYBS get a f8cking grip.

Liverpool to win 3-2 on agg

Pardon ? explain why i need to get a grip just because i find someone insulting a liverpool player wrong ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion