REAL MADRID VS LIVERPOOL - Champions league 1st k/o round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Creatives » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Hey there, im from Madrid, i was just looking around in Liverpool fc forums to see how you guys await the match that finally has arrived after a long wait.

Since the CL draw, with Juande Ramos our team has changed alot. Before most people would probably think that Liverpool were going to win it, but now it isnt so certain after a great improvement in our team.

This is one of the biggest games a football fan can see. I think the key to the game is principally going to be the midfield. As you probably know we had to get Lass from Portsmouth because of injuries, and he is playing brilliantly from day one. With Gago he has made our midfield rock solid. 

Lass, Gago, Sneijder - Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard. Amazing midfield battle. Then theres the key players upfront, Torres and Robben, the defences are going to need to work hard on these two, probably the most decisive players from each squad.

Its going to be very intense, cant wait!
Last edited by Creatives on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creatives

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Creatives wrote:Hey there, im from Madrid, i was just looking around in Liverpool fc forums to see how you guys await the match that finally has arrived after a long wait.

Since the CL draw, with Juande Ramos our team has changed alot. Before most people would probably think that Liverpool were going to win it, but now it isnt so certain after a great improvement in our team.

This is one of the biggest games a football fan can see. I think the key to the game is principally going to be the midfield. As you probably know we had to get Lass from Portsmouth because of injuries, and he is playing brilliantly from day one. With Gago he has made our midfield rock solid. 

Lass, Gago, Sneijder - Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard. Amazing midfield battle. Then theres the key players upfront, Torres and Robben, the defences are going to need to work hard on these two, probably the most decisive players from each squad.

Great post - thanks for that.

Agreed, it's going to be a hell of battle. When the draw was made I was fairly happy to get Real. We we're in better form at that time, we'd won our group and Real seemed to be a collection of quality individuals unable to play as a team.

Am I right in saying that Real have won 9 of their last 10 matches recently however?

Traditionally Liverpool have played much better in European competitions than in the Premiership so with Alonso and possibly Gerrard back we may play much better than we did today. If we get anything out of Wednesdays game I'll be happy because I think we could win at Anfield.

I'm pretty sure that it will not be easy for Liverpool to progress over the 2 legs though.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:20 am

Lets win.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheRedsFan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:48 am

Cant wait for Wednesday!!!!!!!!!
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." Bill Shankly
TheRedsFan

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:53 am

Judge started the Match thread?  Already lost  :(

:D
SupitsJonF

Postby kan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:55 am

bigmick wrote:Sure Kan, in many football circles the Champions League is considered bigger. Most probably even in England some teams consider it bigger (the Mancs probably would if we were our usual fourth and twenty points behind).

It's just that we have a somewhat peculiar history with the league and everything that surrounds it, while we've been pretty successful in the Champions League recently. It's a strange situation, but my guess is almost every Liverpool fan would trade a Champions League success this season for a Premirship win.

yeah, i can understand your view too.
the thirst for a domestic title must be greater since Liverpool never won a League title since the early 1990s, let alone the Premier League.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
Kurt Cobain
kan

Postby Creatives » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:59 am

fivecups wrote:
Creatives wrote:Hey there, im from Madrid, i was just looking around in Liverpool fc forums to see how you guys await the match that finally has arrived after a long wait.

Agreed, it's going to be a hell of battle. When the draw was made I was fairly happy to get Real. We we're in better form at that time, we'd won our group and Real seemed to be a collection of quality individuals unable to play as a team.

Am I right in saying that Real have won 9 of their last 10 matches recently however?

Traditionally Liverpool have played much better in European competitions than in the Premiership so with Alonso and possibly Gerrard back we may play much better than we did today. If we get anything out of Wednesdays game I'll be happy because I think we could win at Anfield.

I'm pretty sure that it will not be easy for Liverpool to progress over the 2 legs though.

We have won our last nine matches in the league, the last time we lost was against Barcelona. But only in the last two games our team has played pretty well scoring 10 goals and receiving only one.

Right now the key players to the great improvement are Pepe, Cannavaro, Lass, Gago, Higuain and Robben. Then theres Ramos, Casillas, Sneijder, Raul and Heinze. These last two are probably our weak spots (Old and slow), the other three have had bad times but are recently playing much better, although the first 6 players are the ones that are doing better this season.

Here, we fear most Torres and your midfield, Gerrard, Macherano, Alonso and you could add Kuyt, amazing player. We know that your defence is very hard to crack because any team managed by Benitez is, especially in CL. Then you have dangerous players like Riera o Babel and a great keeper like Reina.

Well, may the best team win and lets hope to enjoy great football!
Last edited by Creatives on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creatives

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Gerrard back in squad.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Creatives wrote:
fivecups wrote:

We have won our last nine matches in the league, the last time we lost was against Barcelona. But only in the last two games our team has played pretty well scoring 10 goals and receiving only one.

Right now the key players to the great improvement are Pepe, Cannavaro, Lass, Gago, Higuain and Robben. Then theres Ramos, Casillas, Sneijder, Raul and Heinze. These last two are probably our weak spots (Old and slow), the other three have had bad times but are recently playing much better, although the first 6 players are the ones that are doing better this season.

Here, we fear most Torres and your midfield, Gerrard, Macherano, Alonso and you could add Kuyt, amazing player. We know that your defence is very hard to crack because any team managed by Benitez is, especially in CL. Then you have dangerous players like Riera o Babel and a great keeper like Reina.

Well, may the best team win and lets hope to enjoy great football!

Raul and Gabriel Heinze - not bad if they're your weak spots.  :D
Last edited by fivecups on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi there. Have to say that I can't wait for the game. It's a fascinating tie and could go either way. However I'd back us against anybody over two legs in Europe, especially with the second leg being at home.

I don't read too much into Real winning 6-1 at the weekend. Unlike Betis, we can actually defend when we want to and we're a better team away from home this season anyway. I fancy us to score at least once in the Bernebau. It's just a case of whether we can keep the out at the other end. Robben is the main danger in my opinion.

Scoring is vital imo. 0-0 is not a good result for us. I'd rather lose 2-1 than draw 0-0.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Madmax » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Going to be another tough match i wonder what the line up will look like.. 0-0 would be a good results.. Winning would be a bonus... Personal prediction i think it will be real 1-1
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:16 pm

Agger being out through injury is a big blow ,the type of game he would excel in .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:21 pm

I know this is not directly to do with the RM match but did anyone see that dross on ITV4 tonight, 'greatest champions league moments'. Typical :censored: ITV, can you believe their so called experts put Manures win over Bayen as a greater moment than Istanbul. Even the presenter was embarrassed. he even stated 'this is our experts no 1 but its not mine'.
Jim Beglin was even one of the experts as well as that well known L,pool knocker, Nosey Townsend and that other well known expert the ex Wimbledon player who is so famous I can't remember his name. well thats my rant over. :angry:  :angry:  :angry: and another :angry:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:49 am

Keep your eye out wed behind there goal right center 10 rows up from the front :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:53 am

Real Madrid President Vicente Boluda: We Will Beat Liverpool 3-0

As Los Blancos’ form continue to improve in leaps and bounds, their confidence continues to grow and no one has shown that more than the club’s stand-in president.

24 Feb 2009 02:22:01

As Real Madrid prepare to entertain Liverpool in the Champions League round of 16 first leg clash on Wednesday night, club supremo, Vicente Boluda has fired up his charges by predicting a comprehensive victory for the Men In White.

“It will be a great game against Liverpool and I think we will beat them 3-0 at the Santiago Bernabeu,” he boomed during an interview with Cadena COPE, before going on to add, “In the second leg at Anfield, they will score against us, but we will win 2-1.”

Not for the first time, the former vice-president has also trumpeted his belief that the side will go on to win the double this term.

“I already said it last week and I will say it again. We are going to win La Liga and the Champions League.

“But regardless of whether or not we win the double, I will not remain as the president beyond this season,” he declared.

Boluda, however, was more optimistic regarding Juande Ramos’ future as the Blancos coach.

“He is a great trainer and I support him completely and I would be thrilled if he stays on at Madrid.

“And as I believe that we will win a title, I also believe that his contract will be renewed automatically,” he concluded.

Boluda confirmed that the club’s presidential elections will be held after June 30, although no specific date has been set. But with Juande’s current term with Madrid expiring around that same time, it will be up to the potential candidates to decide if they want to keep him at the Bernabeu.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion