REAL MADRID VS LIVERPOOL - Champions league 1st k/o round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:48 pm

i'd be all for the "fck the champs league we want the league title this season" talk and all but given how things have gone/are going so far this season, it seems like the champs league should once again become our top priority...

lets face it, the league is as good as gone right about now .. the mancs dont look like dropping a point against anyone and us on the other hand, we look like dropping points against anyone...

Madrid is no easy team to beat and even with all their troubles of late they still have quality players who can trouble the best of sides when at their best... dont think we'll win both ties but we'll probably do just enough to go through...  time to rethink our priorities i think..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:27 pm

I really cant get to grips with people who are not interested in the Champions league, Sorry but i just cant, The European cup has given me some of the best nights of my life an that was even before 77, I love the European cup an i want to win number 6 this season, So i hope we batter Madrid off the park an anyway i wanna go to Rome again :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:22 pm

Ive got to go to Brighton for the day for work so will have to listen to it on the fecking radio on my phone. :angry:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:36 pm

aCe' wrote:i'd be all for the "fck the champs league we want the league title this season" talk and all but given how things have gone/are going so far this season, it seems like the champs league should once again become our top priority...

lets face it, the league is as good as gone right about now .. the mancs dont look like dropping a point against anyone and us on the other hand, we look like dropping points against anyone...

Madrid is no easy team to beat and even with all their troubles of late they still have quality players who can trouble the best of sides when at their best... dont think we'll win both ties but we'll probably do just enough to go through...  time to rethink our priorities i think..

:help
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raffmaker » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:59 pm

NANNY RED wrote:I really cant get to grips with people who are not interested in the Champions league, Sorry but i just cant, The European cup has given me some of the best nights of my life an that was even before 77, I love the European cup an i want to win number 6 this season, So i hope we batter Madrid off the park an anyway i wanna go to Rome again :nod

Interesting when we seem desperate as to leave attempting for one trophy for another when the manc scum are contemplating winning the lot??

bemused  ???
Raffmaker

Postby Dundalk » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:06 pm

Madrid are winning 6-1 against Real Betis

AND ITS ONLY HALF TIME :O
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Dundalk wrote:Madrid are winning 6-1 against Real Betis

AND ITS ONLY HALF TIME :O

Thats Real Betis were LIVERPOOL :laugh: i CANT WAIT
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raffmaker » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Really?
Raffmaker

Postby Dundalk » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Yep really

55 mins gone now

7' [1 - 0] G. Higuain
15' [2 - 0] K.J. Huntelaar
24' [3 - 0] K.J. Huntelaar
30' [3 - 1] R. Oliveira
36' [4 - 1] Raul
42' [5 - 1] Raul
45' [6 - 1] S. Ramos

Barca being beat now at home

This could be a very good weekend for them
Last edited by Dundalk on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raffmaker » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:21 pm

Im not that worried, they'll get a shock wednesday
Raffmaker

Postby Greavesie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:56 pm

I read somewhere that Huntelaar was struggling over there as well! :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:10 am

NANNY RED wrote:I really cant get to grips with people who are not interested in the Champions league, Sorry but i just cant, The European cup has given me some of the best nights of my life an that was even before 77, I love the European cup an i want to win number 6 this season, So i hope we batter Madrid off the park an anyway i wanna go to Rome again :nod

We're in as good a position to win the Premiership as we've ever been, even though the strong position has been thrown away. I liked the European Cup, but we may not get a better shot at the Premiership and the Champions League is an important trophy, but not the one I want - or a lot of Liverpool fans.

I was a little surprised that so many think it's no harder for Liverpool to win the league with involvement in two competitions. Our Champions League record is way better than that manc one that was over-quoted - seven quarter-finals in a row or whatever it was. Two finals and a semi in four seasons is much better, quarter-finals isn't really an acheivement or England would boast about that kind of thing! But what can we boast in the same period in the Premiership - TWO third placed finishes. I back up my claim that it's harder with the evidence that the two times we've failed to reach the Champions League Final have produced 82 and 76 points compared to 58 and 68 when we reached the final. Some of that will be down to prioritising the Final when we had no shot at the league, but we've yet to win the Premiership let alone prove we can compete on two fronts at the same time.

We may need to better the run-in we had last season - 32 points out of 39. We just about managed to juggle it, amazing given our CL opponents were Inter, Arsenal and Chelsea, but I'm thinking it may be harder this time and if we don't bag English opponents, then travelling may become even more of a factor.

I'm sure those who are showing no interest for the Champions League would love to win the double, treble or even quadruple. Realistically though, let's try ONE step at a time. A cup double or treble maybe, emulating the mancs in a European Cup and Premiership double is maybe asking too much - especially as they're eight points ahead (having played a game more)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:39 am

Cannot believe SBS arent showing this live :angry:  Fecking CHelsea and Juve.

WTF is it with these Aussies ?!

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:48 am

Saw the Real Betis highlights, Real Madrid ran riot.

They're a class act and whereas we have Torres, they have 3-4 players who need special attention. This first leg is a battle between our back 4 and their attack.

If I were Rafa I'd go for 4-4-2.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:56 am

Well when the draw was made i did say "one-season" ramos will turn around real madrid and make them hard to beat.... (when others were celebrating that it will be a walk in the park) :p

Now it looks like Real Madrid are the form team in spain.....

Well hope the team benitez picks can neutralize their attack...and then we finish the job as always at home...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion