REAL BETIS VS LIVERPOOL THREAD - all build up, reaction here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Woollyback » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:53 pm

Garcia was excellent tonight, I have no doubts he'll start to translate that from to the premiership as the season unfolds just like he did last season

Crouch was also very impressive, as was Sissoko again who just looks like bargain of the season a la Alonso last year

Carra was his usual rock-like self, Reina also looked assured

First half we bossed the game completely, 2nd half we sat back and defended our lead so Betis were always going to give us a few hairy moments but altogether a fine performance.  :nod
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:54 pm

We pulled an AC Milan there didn't we? :D

We scored very early just like Milan did, and we played some top notch football in the first half. The second half we allowed them to get back into the game, mistake on our part.

Hyypia was very poor and so was Josemi. Zenden played ok in the first half but in the second like most of the team he faded. Alonso had a quiet game, and that's not something you see in every game.

Reina - 7

Josemi - 5.5
Carragher - 7
Hyypia - 5.5
Traore - 7 [kept Juaquin quiet for huge parts of the game]

Luis Garcia - 8
Sissoko - 8
Alonso - 6.5
Zenden - 6

Pongolle - 8
Crouch - 7
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:57 pm

Good win for Rangers 3-2
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:59 pm

Josemi and Zenden ???? ??? They were a million times better than Cisse's contribution. Sure you had the right channel on ?
The only passenger on the pitch was Cisse. Jimmy T And his Stedded Up look-a like were superb as were the rest.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:59 pm

Woollyback wrote:Garcia was excellent tonight, I have no doubts he'll start to translate that from to the premiership as the season unfolds just like he did last season

Crouch was also very impressive, as was Sissoko again who just looks like bargain of the season a la Alonso last year

Carra was his usual rock-like self, Reina also looked assured

First half we bossed the game completely, 2nd half we sat back and defended our lead so Betis were always going to give us a few hairy moments but altogether a fine performance.  :nod

Spot on Woolly, Garcia always seems to look fantastic in Europe and can never really replicate it in the league, perhaps the pace and physical nature of it isn't really suited to him.

Momo did well as you said, along with Xabi they broke up countless attacks, particularly in the first half where the whole team was excellent, Zenden and Crouch linked up together very well.

2nd half was poor, but we were able to hang on, so all in all a good 3 points, and an important 3 points as Betis will be the challengers to us and Chelsea to go through to the knockout phase, and an away win sets up nicely early on.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:01 pm

i think liverpool should wear that magnificent european shirt when we play the scummers at the weekend,show the five stars and all that and walk out of the tunnel with a arrogant five time champions swagger.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:02 pm

JohnBull wrote:Josemi and Zenden ???? ??? They were a million times better than Cisse's contribution. Sure you had the right channel on ?
The only passenger on the pitch was Cisse. Jimmy T And his Stedded Up look-a like were superb as were the rest.

but josemi and zenden played more or less the WHOLE match poorly, however cisse didn't have much time and not a lot of service either.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:03 pm

JohnBull wrote:Jimmy T And his Stedded Up look-a like were superb as were the rest.

is right. I was very impressed with Traore, he has got a lot of stick over they years, much of it warranted, but he is beginning to show that he is definitely capble of making it here.

And Momo, yet another shrewd purchase by Rafa, he looks the goods for sure.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:04 pm

3 points in the bag but still along long way to go, my team really frustrate me why they let teams have them on the back heel, FFS get your heads together your better than that go out and do it for 90 mins plus :glare:
We need teams scared of us but I am afraid to say no one is scared of us, and no teams show us respect like they do Chelsea.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:05 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:
JohnBull wrote:Josemi and Zenden ???? ??? They were a million times better than Cisse's contribution. Sure you had the right channel on ?

but josemi and zenden played more or less the WHOLE match poorly, however cisse didn't have much time and not a lot of service either.

??? :Oo:

Zenden was excellent in much of the first half, Crouch, himself and Luis linked up very very well.

Sure he drifted off in the 2nd half, but so did most of the team.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kidder » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:06 pm

mighty mo wrote:i think liverpool should wear that magnificent european shirt when we play the scummers at the weekend,show the five stars and all that and walk out of the tunnel with a arrogant five time champions swagger.

thats the best thing i've heard allday  :p

Y.N.W.A. DAD
kidder

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:11 pm

We need teams scared of us but I am afraid to say no one is scared of us, and no teams show us respect like they do Chelsea.

No teams are scared of us? If that's the case then that will only help us. If oppositions keep underestimating us then it will bite them in the ar$e.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:12 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:3 points in the bag but still along long way to go, my team really frustrate me why they let teams have them on the back heel, FFS get your heads together your better than that go out and do it for 90 mins plus :glare:

don't forget ciggy that Betis aren't in the CL by accident, they're a very good side and at home were always going to have their moments
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:14 pm

by all accounts Chelsea werel lucky to win
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:16 pm

Well whethey they're lucky or not they've won the past 6 matches unconvincingly but they still won.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion