READING VS LIVERPOOL - The build up and the aftermath...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:38 am

s@int wrote:A draw away against Reading

:wwww  we really should be beating Reading home or away tbh, we are by far a more superior team even on an 'off' day  ???
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:45 pm

skatesy wrote:Seeing as how Torres ran Reading into the ground with three goals last time that Liverpool played them, I think he should start again.

The only thing that makes me say that somewhat hesitantly is because of the fact that we need to drill Marseille on Tuesday.

He's in too good form to drop though.

Play him from the start and then take him off if we're winning comfortably. Torres doesn't seem to do as well coming off the bench as someone like Crouch or as Garcia used to anyway.

As for who plays alongside him, take your pick. I'd probably go for Kuyt as I think Crouch will start on Tuesday in Marseille.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby VamosRafa » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:04 pm

Without doubt we need Torres and Gerrard to play the full 90 against marseille and man utd, though i want both of them to start tommorow.  It's stupid to think Reading are just gonna role over, some of the teams suggested in this thread would struggle to get a result. The carling cup tie does not give much indication as i don't think they were at full strength either. Gerrard and Torres both need to play some role in this match to guarantee victory, 3 points (as always) is a must.
VamosRafa

Postby burjennio » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:23 pm

is Danny frekkin Agger back yet?
burjennio

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:30 pm

Ciggy wrote:These pair of gobsh!tes might make an appearance again  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Just so so wrong that picture is horrible.

WTF? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:42 pm

the 1 on the right looks like she's tryin to fart... god help the 5 rows behind her
burjennio

Postby ferrariboy21 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:33 pm

I don't think this warrant a new thread. So pardon me if this is th e wrong place
--

Rafa on Reading
Credits to Kop-TV
The boss looks forward to this weekend's league clash
DOWNLOAD
VIEW

Dirk on Reading and his father
Credits to Kop-TV
Dirk Kuyt talks about his desire to win a trophy for his late father
DOWNLOAD
VIEW
ferrariboy21

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:08 pm

will carra play or will rafa rest carra to make sure hes not suspended for the mancs?

this is a very important game with 2 vital ones coming up and i just hope rafa doesnt drop the ball on this one

very nervous here
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:01 pm

dawson99 wrote:will carra play or will rafa rest carra to make sure hes not suspended for the mancs?

this is a very important game with 2 vital ones coming up and i just hope rafa doesnt drop the ball on this one

very nervous here

Got to play Carra in this one, the forward players Reading have are arguably there main strength. Doyle Lita and Kitson would cause trouble against any side imo and we need to be well organised at the back. If we keep them quiet we definately have the players to hurt them when we go forward.
I would play as strong a side as possible, i know that Saint said that a draw there is better than not winning in Marseille or losing against the mancs but we shouldnt think like that now imo. Momentum is a key factor, one that i have argued earlier in the season that can win titles, we had momentum until the Pompey away game, left Torres & Gerrard out drew and seemed to lose the momentum, it has taken a while to get it back. Now we are at the stage where we are going out on the pitch oozing confidence expecting to win. Lets get the best side out available, hopefully hit Reading hard and then take Carra or Torres of if and when we have the points. At the end of the day 3 points is 3 points whether they are picked up against Reading or Manchester United.
Another way of looking at it is if we drop points against Reading then we are under even more pressure against United, another reason why i say play the best side we can.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:34 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
dawson99 wrote:will carra play or will rafa rest carra to make sure hes not suspended for the mancs?

very nervous here

Got to play Carra in this one, the forward players Reading have are arguably there main strength. Doyle Lita and Kitson would cause trouble against any side imo and we need to be well organised at the back. If we keep them quiet we definately have the players to hurt them when we go forward.
I would play as strong a side as possible, i know that Saint said that a draw there is better than not winning in Marseille or losing against the mancs but we shouldnt think like that now imo. Momentum is a key factor, one that i have argued earlier in the season that can win titles, we had momentum until the Pompey away game, left Torres & Gerrard out drew and seemed to lose the momentum, it has taken a while to get it back. Now we are at the stage where we are going out on the pitch oozing confidence expecting to win. Lets get the best side out available, hopefully hit Reading hard and then take Carra or Torres of if and when we have the points. At the end of the day 3 points is 3 points whether they are picked up against Reading or Manchester United.
Another way of looking at it is if we drop points against Reading then we are under even more pressure against United, another reason why i say play the best side we can.

here here.
maybe bring carra off if we are winning comfortably but not until we are 3 or 4-0 up  :D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:56 am

ferrariboy21 wrote:I don't think this warrant a new thread. So pardon me if this is th e wrong place
--

Rafa on Reading
Credits to Kop-TV
DOWNLOAD
VIEW

Credits to Kop-TV
DOWNLOAD
VIEW

Why is Dirk wearing a Starfleet uniform?

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:41 am

start stevie and torres and sub them when 2 goals up. if rafa doesnt play them i would go with lucas and kuyt. lucas to me is a mini stevie so give him that role and i promise you he will diliver a MOTM performace
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lio » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:40 am

Anyone with info as to who's traveling to Madejksi Stadium?
Hoping to see Agger and Xabi  in there.
lio

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:45 am

ferrariboy21 wrote:I don't think this warrant a new thread. So pardon me if this is th e wrong place
--

Rafa on Reading
Credits to Kop-TV
DOWNLOAD
VIEW

Credits to Kop-TV
DOWNLOAD
VIEW

Good interviews them mate.

Cheers.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:58 am

mungi wrote:start stevie and torres and sub them when 2 goals up. if rafa doesnt play them i would go with lucas and kuyt. lucas to me is a mini stevie so give him that role and i promise you he will diliver a MOTM performace

yup just start the pair and rest them early after 60mins.
whylongball?

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion