READING VS LIVERPOOL - The build up and the aftermath...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:37 pm

it won't matter a feck if we beat the manc, and all the bellend doom and gloomers will disappear, but the mongy we will defo win the league tw@ts show up

sometimes i don't know who is worse
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:19 pm

beat the mancs on sunday....and chelsea and arsenal draw,we would be 5 points behind arsenal wit a game in hand.All this :censored: about us being out of it is :censored:
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kishan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:59 pm

Bad game, bad result.  Thank god Arsenal got beat today.
On a side issue, Lando, how/why on earth did you lose
your yellow cards??  Was it all the sucking up to a certain
mod or do they get rescinded after "x" amount of time?
???
Kishan

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:23 pm

A very poor result and a strange line up. Thank god Arsenal slipped up today otherwise that would of put us in a very difficult position.
Now i dont want to slag the manager i am 100% behind him, but that doesnt mean that he hasnt left me scratching my head.
For starters the formation on a big Reading pitch was strange, no width at all, so when Mascherano and Sissoko (two players not great in posession) they didnt have an outlet wide.
And the two players that were in support of Torres where the wrong players, that system was tailor made for babel, he played it at Ajax and also for Holland. Admittedly he has done well coming on as a substitute in the last few weeks but that formation could of been great if it was Kewell and Babel either side of Torres.
What it seemed like to me (and i know some will take offence to this) is that he thought he could get away with playing players that dont often get a game, Sissoko and Voronin, now not wanting to single out players, over the course of the season i am sure they will have there uses, but assessing our squad now, they are two players imo that should only play if others cant or arent fit. They will get games over the course of the season but are struglgling and getting worse with every game.
Torres was a major threat, the other two (and i like Crouch) where non existent, why we couldnt play 4-4-2 with Crouch and Torres up top with Kewell on the left and either Babel or my personal choice Benayoun on the right is mystifying.
Obviously he has one eye on Tuesday and rightly so, but get the game won first then worry about the next game.

What i would say is that the game is gone now, we have lost, fortunately so did Arsenal. So no ground lost, i am disappointed that we havent gained any when we should but trust Rafa to get it right over the course of the season, and that some of the decisions that baffled me today will come good against Marseille and united on Sunday.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:44 am

Pls close and delete this thread......

we don't want any and karma for our next 2 matches...

I am sick of looking at the word "reading"...... Hope they get relegated this season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:39 pm

Before I even get into the team selection, I need to point out that we'll never win any game if we defended as poorly as we did on saturday. I mean Carra was utterly rash to even make that challenge (even if it was outside the box). Why we were defending so deep from the free kick i'll never know. and as for the third goal harper's run 60 yards with absolutely nobody tracking him. considering i've been praising our defence to the hilt recently (as a unit), saturday was a bit of a horror show.

which brings me to team selection which in my opinion was a complete joke. why the hell do we need sissoko AND mascherano in the same central midfield against reading? it's reading not barcelona ffs.

also, can somebody tell me what formation we were playing because i don't think the players knew? i think it was supposed to be a 4-3-3 which is all well and good but if you're going to play that formation you have to play with one striker and two out and out wide men to make it work. you can't play three strikers, two of whom have no pace in that formation because it doesn't work. we tried it at home against arsenal and it didn't work. we end up with no width and the game becomes compressed through the middle.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kunilson » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:47 pm

we were too sloppy and complacent on saturday, that just about sums up our performance i reckon....i worry that the players are getting too big for their boots at times and not putting in the necessary effort in ALL the time...

saying that, it could have just been a case of "bad day at the office", so :censored: it. Arsenal lost too, not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things......we need to beat united. doesn't matter if they lose every game after and we win every game after. united have to be beaten.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:48 pm

oh and i didn't mention the team selection because even tho i was screaming on saturday, rafa knows best and thats just a fact.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby est1900 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:44 pm

Please, anyone know what date there will be, Fc Liverpool West Ham?
Last edited by est1900 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
est1900

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:52 pm

est1900 wrote:Please, anyone know what date there will be, Fc Liverpool West Ham?

29th of Jan we play West Ham  away mate. Home game hasn't been arranged yet .
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby est1900 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:58 pm

s@int wrote:
est1900 wrote:Please, anyone know what date there will be, Fc Liverpool West Ham?

29th of Jan we play West Ham  away mate. Home game hasn't been arranged yet .

Why home game hasn't been arranged yet, while fc arsenal played their match?

If i'm not wronging they play the same competition?
Last edited by est1900 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
est1900

Postby Judge » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:00 pm

very disappointed with the result.

one eye on CL
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:47 pm

It would be easy to give out about the ref giving a penalty for a foul outside the box, not giving us any for our two penalty claims and the fact that we hit the post twice. It could have been different. But I think Reading played well and a draw would have been a fair result. We've played a lot better recently but on Saturday we didn't deserve to win simple as that
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:37 am

I think Rafa's ok but......

don't understand why he keeps taking Gerrard off....

(move the team around if necessary...)

but I think our captain needs to be on the pitch...

NOT on the bench!  :no
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion