READING VS LIVERPOOL - The build up and the aftermath...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:17 am

that was in no way a freak result

i could see that coming as soon as the team sheet was announced

playing hobbs was a mistake, we must blood him at home first in games where he can gain confidence, too much pressure on his shoulders tonight

momo at the moment would barely get in middelsboros team, lucas keeps the ball so much better so why drop him?

kewell needs games rather than to be benched so why drop him?

and the front 3 was never going to work

reading were organised and thats why they won

if we played them tomorrow with the same line ups they would win again
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:24 am

destro wrote:
Owzat wrote:Well I can tell you we are ONE point better off this season compared to the corresponding fixtures last season.

We had 22 points from our first 15 games last season compared to 30 from our first 15 games this season ?

i think he is talking about points scored against the same teams mate
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:06 am

peewee wrote:
destro wrote:
Owzat wrote:Well I can tell you we are ONE point better off this season compared to the corresponding fixtures last season.

We had 22 points from our first 15 games last season compared to 30 from our first 15 games this season ?

Indeed he is and this is why some of us have been talking for some time about the fact that we've had a fairly easy first half of the season fixture wise. The fact that we've failed to capitalise on it (and I think it is a fact as really need to be making up more than one point per 15 games if we are serious about making up a twenty one point deficit over the course of the season) is what has cost us being where we could be.

Why we haven't capitalised on our run of fixtures of course has many contributing factors. How much of a contribution each factor has made will be debated more and more as the season goes on.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:11 am

One thing you definately cannot criticise the manager for is his coaching abilities on the defensive side of the game. I think in that sense, he's just about the best I've ever seen.

Sardonicus   :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:37 am

We had a week to prepare for that game.

Reasons why we didnt win.

Rafa got his tactics wrong and should have changed things at half time because they wernt working.

All the players looked nervous I guess because of Hobbs and worried about carra getting booked.

Their minds seemed to be on the CL game.

It was just a mixture of things everyone can moan about the refs decisions but we should have had enough about ourselves to beat them.

Wrong tactics, bad day at the office.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:42 am

Gerrard was injured and it looked like Torres was Ive no complaints that they where taken off to avoid further injury.

The players left on that pitch should have stood up to the challenge and play their hearts out to get us a result without our two world class players on the pitch.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:49 am

peewee wrote:
destro wrote:

I still make it a 6 point improvement ?

Based just on the head to heads over the two seasons

2006/2007

L   Everton
L   Chelsea
W  Newcastle
W  Spurs
L   Bolton
D   Blackburn
W  Villa
L   Arsenal
D   Portsmouth

11 Points

2007/2008

W  Everton
D   Chelsea
W  Newcastle
D   Spurs
W  Bolton
D   Blackburn
W  Villa
D  Arsenal
D  Portsmouth

17 Points

Obviously he have played Birmingham,Derby,Wigan and Fulham this season, 2 of them are newly promoted teams compared to only Sheff Utd promoted from the season before. Since we drew with Sheff Utd we can replace them with Birmingham who we drew with this season ?

That still makes it 12-18  :lookaround
destro

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:16 am

Can someone please tell me WTF JAR was doing yesterday?

He kept wacking the ball at defenders every time we had a free kick and at one point he nealy took Crouchs head off :Oo:

I hope to god he isnt playing against the mancs next sunday.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:15 am

Even though Rafa got it totally wrong, AND the ref had a mini blinder, AND a LOT of players played TERRIBLE, and we were just unlucky a couple of times, their first two goals came directly off of unnecessary challenges by our two most experienced players. I dont care if Cara fouled him outside the box or if it continued in or whatever, he had no need to be sticking his boot out like that and risking it, they weren't going to be in THAT challenging of a position anyway, and we looked like we had it covered at the back fine when Stevie tried to put in a wonder tackle from behind just outside the area, I love the effort from the captain, but not the place on the pitch where you want to try that
JoeTerp

Postby lio » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:20 am

Ciggy wrote:...
All the players looked nervous I guess because of Hobbs ...

Lady, I was thinking of this same reason too which was not mentioned after 22 pages, but only now. Rafa wanted to rest Sami and so Hobbs was given his virgin 1st team startup. A firewall was set up using M&M in front of him. Upfront 3 strikers installed hoping to keep the royals at bay in their half and not disturbing him too. If only we have picked up 3pts from here, think all's forgiven for this amazing line-up. But then again what luck, the royals got 3 extra men on the field giving them a penalty that was not. From there on, we look nervous, lost and again we were like strangers in the night.
lio

Postby Elchris » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:12 pm

The_Rock wrote:We gave up after 70 mins ?

WTF is wrong with rafa ? I mean i am pretty much sure that wasn't a lost in spanish translation type of statement right ?

Maybe saber can shed some light on it.....is "We gave up after 70 mins" a typical manager's comment from spain ?  :p

Mayb he gave up when ac-milan was leading 3-0 back then ..? Remember..? You think if the manager wants to give up , they give up ?? It also depends on the fu.ckin players , they got their own brain rite ?
Elchris

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:23 pm

well well whaddaya know... arsenal is losing 2-0... maybe it's not all over for us yet...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:29 pm

Well well What a week  :laugh:
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby Lucky » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:32 pm

a 2-1 scoreline Arsenal lost
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:41 pm

Lucky wrote:a 2-1 scoreline Arsenal lost

thats just bloody great  :no
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion