Reading vs. liverpool - carling cup - 25/09/2007 - The madejski stadium – 7.45 pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:26 pm

Ciggy wrote:
mattylfc wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:if liverpool dont win this cup, the season is a failure.

Is this guy serious?

:D  :D  :D

:D of course im not. im just frustrated that the best eleven isnt playing week in week out in the league. i dont care about cups. its just a bonus. i want the main course.
do you?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:57 pm

Itandje
Darby     Hobbs       Plessis     Insua
Crowther    Lucas    Spearing     Leto
              El Zhar
                           Lindfield
Subs:
David Martin
Threlfall
Flynn
Ajdarevic
Nemeth

Was thinking about Hyypia at CB to give the team some stability, experience, leadership (and an actual Centre Half) but F it.  Not worth getting him hurt with Agger out, and this Plessis guy is really big and needs to learn how to play CB if he ever wants to break through, because CDM seems to be taken up both for the present and future.

I am sure the likes of Yossi, Aurelio, Babel, Sissoko, and Crouch are more likely so that they don't start complaining, but just giving you guys some sleeper picks if you like to get risky with your fantasy rafa :p
JoeTerp

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:03 pm

dawson99 wrote:--------------------Itjande-----------------
Arbeloa-----Arbeloa------Hobbs-------Insua
Benayoun-----momo-----Leiva----------Leto
------------Babel-----------------
-----------------Lindfield-----------

I know Arbeloa is versatile mate, but isn't this expecting a wee bit too much from the lad?  :p
JamCar05

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:09 pm

JamCar05 wrote:

I know Arbeloa is versatile mate, but isn't this expecting a wee bit too much from the lad?  :p

his "natural" position is CB, but he played a lot at RB in Spain and he plays at LB for us, so playing two positions at once shouldn't be too hard for him.
JoeTerp

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:15 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:

his "natural" position is CB, but he played a lot at RB in Spain and he plays at LB for us, so playing two positions at once shouldn't be too hard for him.

Aaahh... ok I see  :D   Come to think of it Hobbs can also play in central midfield, so let's leave out Momo for a rest too, and we'll just win the damn thing with nine men  :wwww
JamCar05

Postby AB's Red Army » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 pm

---------------Itandje-------------

---Spearing----Arbeloa-----Hobbs-----Insua-----

--------------Sissoko---------Lucas----------

------Benayoun-------------------Leto-----------

-------------Torres-----------Crouch---------
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:03 pm

I must confess I always look forward to these games, seeing players who don’t normally play, always looking for that one player that shines and is desperate to make that leap to the first team, we haven’t seen one in a while.

Most important thing is to have a balanced side with players playing in their best positions, I don’t want left backs playing in central midfield and full backs playing at centre back.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nemesh » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:43 am

i hope benayoun will score his first goal
nemesh

Postby Raoul » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:06 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:I must confess I always look forward to these games, seeing players who don’t normally play, always looking for that one player that shines and is desperate to make that leap to the first team, we haven’t seen one in a while.

Most important thing is to have a balanced side with players playing in their best positions, I don’t want left backs playing in central midfield and full backs playing at centre back.

Yeah, me too.  And you've picked the right team.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pokster » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:01 am

CARRAGHER TIPS HOBBS TO SHINE
Paul Hassall 24 September 2007 
  Jamie Carragher has backed Jack Hobbs to seize his opportunity if he makes his Liverpool bow against Reading in the Carling Cup tomorrow. 
The Reds vice-captain has followed the former Lincoln City player's progress since he moved to the club two-and-a-half years ago and after seeing him star in the Youth Cup success of 2005 Carragher is convinced the 19-year-old is ready to make the step up.

"Jack has done very well and we have been impressed with him in training," said Carragher.

"He came in from Lincoln and was a massive part of us winning the Youth Cup two years on the trot.

"Now he is captain of the reserves and he deserves his chance. That is what the club is about, giving young lads the chance to play alongside our foreign players.

"People sometimes complain about the amount of foreign players coming in, so it is good that a good English lad can get the chance to show what he can do.

"He deserves his chance, but that is up to the manager. Someone will be asked to play alongside him, but the lad might end up helping one of us through the game.

"Everyone needs help, no matter who they are. If he gets his chance I am sure he will grab it and do well."
pokster

Postby mungi » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:12 am

i reckon reina will play in this. a couple of the ;big' names will also. i reckon we need to win this to start to regain our momentum. a big win here even though in the cup will go a long way
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:23 am

Taken from .tv:

ITANDJE: I WANT TO MAKE RAFA THINK
Jimmy Rice 25 September 2007 
  Charles Itandje is hoping Rafa Benitez will wake up tomorrow with a serious selection headache. 
The French stopper could make his Reds debut in the Carling Cup tonight, and he admits he'll go into the tie against Reading aiming to put his boss in a quandary over who should be number one for the rest of the season.

He said: "At Liverpool there is a very good keeper who has been there a few years. I am clearly going to be number two.

"But, there are 60 matches a season and it is planned that I will play the League Cup and FA Cup.

"I could have signed in Spain with Almeria as a number one, but I didn't choose the easy way. I preferred to join a very big club. It is up to me to create a doubt in the coach's mind."

Meanwhile, Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres have all been included in the party travelling to the Madejski.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Itandje will play both the league and FA cup like Dudek did last season ??? Hope he does better than the dude did last year!

Also interesting that Stevie, Carra and Torres have all travelled with the team. Surely Torres won't play today instead of last saturday? Oh well, let's just wait and see what Rafa comes up with this time. Probably a team combined by fringe players and a couple of regulars, which would do me just fine.
JamCar05

Postby mattylfc » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:27 pm

Taken from Liverpool Echo:

RAFAEL BENITEZ has sprung a surprise by including Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard in the Liverpool squad to face Reading this evening.

The pair joined Jamie Carragher in the party to travel south for the Carling Cup third round clash at the Madejski Stadium.

Benitez’s decision not to rest both Torres and Gerrard will no doubt raise eyebrows, especially with the Anfield manager having previously complained about the demands on his players after already twice losing the majority of his squad to international duty.

While Torres and Gerrard are almost certain to begin tonight’s tie on the bench, the fact the pair are in a very strong travelling party underlines Benitez’s intention not to dismiss the competition.
mattylfc

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:40 pm

Fair play, we shouldnt dismiss any competition we are in to be honest. Could give Fernando the chance to bag a few easy goals aswell. If last years meeting with Reading was anything to go by there should be a few goals tonight.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:59 pm

It really surprises and dissapoints me when fans disniss any game played by our Club.

This is an important competition, if not in stature but in momentum.

I'm actually going to the game tonight and as i live in London it hard for me to get to many games.

Whatever team goes onto the pitch will still be wearing liverpool red and i expect us to win.
Last edited by Ian Rush's Right foot on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion