Reading vs. liverpool - carling cup - 25/09/2007 - The madejski stadium – 7.45 pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:22 pm

Just a thing to think to think about rememeber in the first few minutes when Torres went down turning his ankle imagine if that was a really bad injury the sh!t Benitez would of got for starting him in this game.
roberto green

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:22 pm

torres was outstanding tonight.
he`s a proper forward in the sense that he adapts his finish to suit the situation as opposed to cisse`s `one blammer fits all` style of finishing.
he`s quick, he gets up when fouled and doesnt make a meal out of contact situations and on top of that he works hard chasing back.
its early days but he looks absolute class.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby ken_job » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:22 pm

The other big plus from todays game was aurelio getting a game....

GO ON THE 'POOL!!!!!!!!
ken_job

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:25 pm

Ciggy wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:strike force for the game at the weekend prediction

i say voronin - crouch

if this happens i will cry

Just going to have to accept it mate have a rant and rave, he is set in his ways, he believes in what is right and what is wrong, I dont know why Arbeloa is the first name on every team sheet and I dont know why Torres gets dropped.
Arbeloa the only player to play for Liverpool in all games this season who would have guessed?

I was thinking about that myself. When you now look at Arbeloa, he's probably our most improved player. He's looking very comfortable and solid at the back, and compliments any player he's partnerd with, be it at centre back, or out any side. He's almost becoming a clone of Finnan, only more versatile defensivly. The only explanation I have for his constant performance is his lack of rotation. He's obviously one of the small few that's really showing his worth at the moment, apart from the usual suspects that is.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:29 pm

I thought the team as a whole played fairly average but Torres was amazing and Gerrard looked awesome tonight as well.  :buttrock  :buttrock
Rafa has to play Torres in every game until he can find a reliable number 2 striker, no more :censored: about now you goatie wearing twit!!  :veryangry
heimdall

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:30 pm

Emerald Red wrote:play Torres and come under stick for chosing to start him this game over the past two far more important Premiership games; or not play him and potentially lose this game and come under even more stick? I dunno.

He has come into a lot of stick not just from us fans but from ex reds and even though Fergie or Wenger wont admit it cause they done him a favour by not playing him, he was a fool.
I could not have cared less tonight if we won or not, I was still livid over saturday and everyone I know is still livid over saturday.
You had the fone ins which is always a moan a thon even if we win.
But if I had have spent 300 quid on a flight 100 quid in a hotel and 80 quid for a ticket I would want to see Torres aswell.
The club favours the OCCERS they where not a happy bunch travelling all that way for him not to start.

I can book to watch Liverpool from 700 euro, flight game, hotel.
Which I just wouldnt do I would stay at me ma's, get a cheap easy jet flight but my son would want to see Torres I have just forked out 45 quid on the kit and a Torres trackie, my son would want to see him start.

But them people spend an awful lot of money they want to see them world class players playing.

If Rafa continue's to drop Torres G & H will get involved and none of us want that do we?

It will end up another Roman escapde and none of us want that.

We have always been safe with David Moores now I am just a little bit unsettled since I have supportered Liverpool since I was born.
We are not used to new owners take stock what Roman has done and we are not used to rotating world class players.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:31 pm

ken_job wrote:The other big plus from todays game was aurelio getting a game....

GO ON THE 'POOL!!!!!!!!

Go on the  Pool? Whats that all about  :help  :talktothehand
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:37 pm

Ciggy wrote:If Rafa continue's to drop Torres G & H will get involved and none of us want that do we?

We have always been safe with David Moores now I am just a little bit unsettled since I have supportered Liverpool since I was born.

you couldnt compare Gillette and Hicks in the same breath as Roman.

G+H are sensible men and they know quite well that they have a top manager in thier hands!!
roberto green

Postby Scottbot » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:45 pm

Not been back in long, made up with the game today and it was have been a farce if Reading had somehow nicked a win tonight. Had a seat right behind the goal and only about 5 rows back which was different, but did get to see the net bulge 3 times for Torres's hatrick. What a player, i'd hate to play against him, the lad never stops moving, never gives up or knows when he's beaten, even when he's being mugged every tackle. PURE CLASS. Haven't had the chance to read through this thread yet but no doubt it's along the lines of 'why the fook didn't he start our last two league games' plus the papers will bang on about it tomoz no doubt. They'd be right but who cares right now, still buzzing after that performance.  I also thought Sissoko was excellent tonight, he's playing with composure and confidence this season, Leiva looks a tidy player, Yossi had a good game, Leto isn't up to it and it was great to see Aurelio back in the side. Happy Days  :cool:
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:45 pm

heimdall wrote:I thought the team as a whole played fairly average but Torres was amazing and Gerrard looked awesome tonight as well.  :buttrock  :buttrock
Rafa has to play Torres in every game until he can find a reliable number 2 striker, no more :censored: about now you goatie wearing twit!!  :veryangry

I agree with the Torres bit, but the rest... ???  :no
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:50 pm

Half decent game and we had a few players shine tonight, they've been mentioned.

Really enjoyed it when Nino got the hattrick!, and im sorry but if rafas excuse was that torres would have been ineffective against birmingham cos they sit and defend deep, what a load of :censored:, the man didnt stop moving all game, he was dangerous all night because he was getting the support.

Porto game sucked because we didnt have a midfield ergo we didnt have any strkers apart from the midfield chicken runner, he cannot possibly be dropped again, basically just stuck up the middle finger tonight and I loved it
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:52 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:play Torres and come under stick for chosing to start him this game over the past two far more important Premiership games; or not play him and potentially lose this game and come under even more stick? I dunno.

He has come into a lot of stick not just from us fans but from ex reds and even though Fergie or Wenger wont admit it cause they done him a favour by not playing him, he was a fool.
I could not have cared less tonight if we won or not, I was still livid over saturday and everyone I know is still livid over saturday.
You had the fone ins which is always a moan a thon even if we win.
But if I had have spent 300 quid on a flight 100 quid in a hotel and 80 quid for a ticket I would want to see Torres aswell.
The club favours the OCCERS they where not a happy bunch travelling all that way for him not to start.

I can book to watch Liverpool from 700 euro, flight game, hotel.
Which I just wouldnt do I would stay at me ma's, get a cheap easy jet flight but my son would want to see Torres I have just forked out 45 quid on the kit and a Torres trackie, my son would want to see him start.

But them people spend an awful lot of money they want to see them world class players playing.

If Rafa continue's to drop Torres G & H will get involved and none of us want that do we?

We are not used to new owners take stock what Roman has done and we are not used to rotating world class players.

So Rafa should play Torres because you forked out on a shirt with his name on it...i'm sure if you write to him he'll oblige. Just so long as the fans get to see Torres, no matter what the manager thinks is best.

Lets get something right once and for all, THE TEAM THAT PLAYED SATURDAY WERE OFF FORM AND PLAYED POORLY. Rafa had his reason for not playing Torres, and that is what he is paid to do, sometimes he will get it wrong, it wasn't rotation it was a tactical decision, which cannot be proved wrong, had he played there could still have been a draw, win, or LOSS.

G&H will not get involved, they are nothing like Abramovich. They know that if they start dictating to Rafa he would walk, and they can't afford to start and finance a new regime, unlike Roman who can afford to write off the whole Chelsea experiment and have 'only' lost 5% of his money.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:59 pm

redtrader74 wrote:So Rafa should play Torres because you forked out on a shirt with his name on it...

Err it was a 150 with the Riise boots and the Torres trackie and BTW I have been going to Anfiled since I was 4 year old with my mother.
Fu.ck off and type proper I am not an albino Rafa got it wrong accept it. he should have played Torres end of story. He got it wrong against Portsmouth and Birmgham everyone can see it. Fuckin white writting whats that all about Rafa fucked up  everyone knows it accept it take them rose tinted galsses off now and again.
Last edited by red37 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:07 am

Ciggy wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:So Rafa should play Torres because you forked out on a shirt with his name on it...

Err it was a 150 with the Riise boots and the Torres trackie
Fu.ck off and type proper I am not an albino Rafa got it wrong accept it. he should have played Torres end of story. He got it wrong against Portsmouth and Birmgham everyone can see it. Fuckin white writting whats that all about Rafa fucked up  everyone knows it accept it take them rose tinted galsses off now and again.

:D  :D 'Type proper'. Your reasoning for Torres playing was that you and your kid bought a shirt with his name on it.....so what?
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:08 am

I agree with everyone saying that rafa got it wrong not playing torres against Portsmouth and Birmingham. He is absolutely world class, he must play, every damn premiership game.

His goals were taken superbly.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion