Reading vs. liverpool - carling cup - 25/09/2007 - The madejski stadium – 7.45 pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:24 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:
s@int wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:Rafa said that when given the space, Torres can do what he did tonight. No such space was given when we played Birmingham, which he knew, and decided not to play him. This was seconded by  the legend himself, Ian Rush.

I'm amused to how people believe they know Torre's strengths and weaknesses more than the man, who signed him and has been watching him for a large part of his career.

But there you go. This is a fickle business I guess.

i hear what you're saying AB, but Torres has the ability to scare the :censored: out of a defence...so much so they will send 3 (yes 3!) players to get the ball from him.  Obviously RAfa knows his stuff, but Torres today showed that he's our most in form player and i think he'll be in the 1st 11 for a while now

Did you see the game against Porto? It was a perfect example of a decent team nullifying space and time on the ball for Torres to be effective [and the team was :censored: in general].

Birmingham did the same, except they defended even deeper as the match progressed.

It's pointless to discuss anyway, it's all in the past now

If he had started the Postmouth and Brum games we might have had 6 points instead of 2

And we might have had the same amount of points even if he played.

I might have been a millionaire had I won the lottery as well.

THat is all.

Against Porto we hardly had any possession, against Birmingham we had the ball we just didn't know what to do with it.

We're useless in games like those. It's not the first time we looked clueless when teams like Birmingham played.

Maybe Torres would have made a difference, maybe he would have struggled, its time we moved on now. GREAT PERFORMANCE from Torres tonight, now for Wigan!
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:27 pm

LittleHobo wrote:Got one thing to say

TONIGHT TORRES MADE ME CUM IN ME PANTS

dirty fecker.
:glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:31 pm

s@int wrote:its time we moved on now. GREAT PERFORMANCE from Torres tonight, now for Wigan!

Eggsacly :cool:

Mer Torres is still the biz tho :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:32 pm

Ciggy wrote:[
Wish everyone would fuck this word off Fickle cause Ive never heard of it until I came on football forums we dont say to each other at the ground oh hey he/she's fickle, we dont say in the pub fickle, infact us scousers dont even say that stupid fuckin word, cause its not even a word.

Maybe to the internet brigade but the only time I have ever used the word fickle is typing it cause its never come out of my mouth or any other scouser I know.
Does me head in, Fickle behave.

Quality  :D id never even heard of the word till i come on hear aswell
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:33 pm

a word on leto aswell

looks a better player than gonzalez, stronger and can stick up for himself

hope he gets a chance in the first team, hes certainly a better option than babel at left wing.......if anything babel is better on the right wing.......would have liked to seen babel given a chance upfront tonight instead of big pete
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:38 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:
Rafa was covering his @rse A.B. he knew he made a mistake and he is not going to change his rotation policy to please us Pro-Torres.

Or the man who knows the player better than any of us has an actual point. ???

But I guess that option is ruled out.

Wow it appears to me that you actually believe our manager cant make a mistake.
I know as you put it....he's forgotten more than you or me know...but does that make him faultless...if it does then Moores has done a blinder getting him...and on the salary he is on. He should get paid my wages and yours as well as his own, as he is some sort of managerial god.
Seriously AB, he got it wrong, he is a proud man that can be stubborn so wont admit to it, but even a blind man can see that Torres no matter what game...or what system the opposition employ...is by far our best attacking player.
It shouldnt even be a debate, the lad is the only world class striker we have end of.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:39 pm

Who give Leiva the black eye someone in the Newz Bar?
I see all of them are regulars there might make sense in the way Hobbs didnt play, that other fella was shipped off back to Spain?
You can see them there every thursday , friday and saturday night, enough time for clubbin when your older like me :D But Im not a footballer.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:45 pm

what do you guys make of leto?

i think once hes settled he could be a gamst pederson type winger for us, strong yet skillfull, lacks a bit of pace but can handle himself and has a great left foot

much better than gonzalez
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:46 pm

Ciggy wrote:Who give Leiva the black eye someone in the Newz Bar?
I see all of them are regulars there might make sense in the way Hobbs didnt play, that other fella was shipped off back to Spain?
You can see them there every thursday , friday and saturday night, enough time for clubbin when your older like me :D But Im not a footballer.

Gerrard had one as well.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:47 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:
Rafa was covering his @rse A.B. he knew he made a mistake and he is not going to change his rotation policy to please us Pro-Torres.

Or the man who knows the player better than any of us has an actual point. ???

But I guess that option is ruled out.

Wow it appears to me that you actually believe our manager cant make a mistake.
I know as you put it....he's forgotten more than you or me know...but does that make him faultless...if it does then Moores has done a blinder getting him...and on the salary he is on. He should get paid my wages and yours as well as his own, as he is some sort of managerial god.
Seriously AB, he got it wrong, he is a proud man that can be stubborn so wont admit to it, but even a blind man can see that Torres no matter what game...or what system the opposition employ...is by far our best attacking player.
It shouldnt even be a debate, the lad is the only world class striker we have end of.

No that's not true at all.

1. He made a mistake against Portsmouth for example. I've said that before.
2. The team against Birmingham was more than good enough to win. In fact, it should had beaten Birmingham. The Torres decision was a tactical decision not a resting decision.
3. I didn't say that Torres wasn't our best attacking threat.
4. Couldn't be arsed for all of this again  :D
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby f9Torres » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:49 pm

Congratulations.
f9Torres

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:51 pm

Thanks and congrats on your victory over the weekend as well.

BTW, the goals are here:

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=610679#p610679
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:56 pm

red37 wrote:Gerrard had one as well.

Gerrards wife still goes the newz bar Gerrard doesnt maybe he gave him it :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby atleticofa » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:58 pm

Big Torres!! :)
FERNANDO JOSE TORRES SANZ, you'll never walk alone.
atleticofa

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:59 pm

atleticofa wrote:Big Torres!! :)

To fuckin right mate Rafa is a fool for dropping him tell them :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion