Reading vs. liverpool - carling cup - 25/09/2007 - The madejski stadium – 7.45 pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:12 pm

great to see Torres tonight, shame we will not see him for a few more games.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:12 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
s@int wrote:Best Torres moment (apart from his goals)Big defender knocked him over challenging for the ball, Torres got up challenged the defender again knocking the defender over, then Torres gives a little smile. :D

The lad's got it about him to give as good as he gets, and irritate the feck out of defenders, but not let it actually affect his own game. Just ask John Terry.

It's a good mentality to have in this league.

I agree mate, I was worried when I heard we had signed him that this league might be too physical for him, I now wonder if Torres is too physical for this league  :D
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:13 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:Rafa said that when given the space, Torres can do what he did tonight. No such space was given when we played Birmingham, which he knew, and decided not to play him. This was seconded by  the legend himself, Ian Rush.

I'm amused to how people believe they know Torre's strengths and weaknesses more than the man, who signed him and has been watching him for a large part of his career.

But there you go. This is a fickle business I guess.

I agree with what your sayig but dont you think hes trying to prove a point to Rafa aswell drop me at your peril.

If he is to play top notch in the prem he needs to create space against teams like Birmingham like he did tonight
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:13 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:Rafa said that when given the space, Torres can do what he did tonight. No such space was given when we played Birmingham, which he knew, and decided not to play him. This was seconded by  the legend himself, Ian Rush.

I'm amused to how people believe they know Torre's strengths and weaknesses more than the man, who signed him and has been watching him for a large part of his career.

i hear what you're saying AB, but Torres has the ability to scare the :censored: out of a defence...so much so they will send 3 (yes 3!) players to get the ball from him.  Obviously RAfa knows his stuff, but Torres today showed that he's our most in form player and i think he'll be in the 1st 11 for a while now

Did you see the game against Porto? It was a perfect example of a decent team nullifying space and time on the ball for Torres to be effective [and the team was :censored: in general].

Birmingham did the same, except they defended even deeper as the match progressed.

It's pointless to discuss anyway, it's all in the past now

If he had started the Postmouth and Brum games we might have had 6 points instead of 2

And we might have had the same amount of points even if he played.

I might have been a millionaire had I won the lottery as well.

THat is all.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:14 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

i hear what you're saying AB, but Torres has the ability to scare the :censored: out of a defence...so much so they will send 3 (yes 3!) players to get the ball from him.  Obviously RAfa knows his stuff, but Torres today showed that he's our most in form player and i think he'll be in the 1st 11 for a while now

Did you see the game against Porto? It was a perfect example of a decent team nullifying space and time on the ball for Torres to be effective [and the team was :censored: in general].

Birmingham did the same, except they defended even deeper as the match progressed.

If he had started the Postmouth and Brum games we might have had 6 points instead of 2

THat is all.

cheer up you miserable sod  :D  :p
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:14 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Before anyone goes overboard - think on this:

Had Fernando started the Portsmouth and Brum games, chances are he wouldn't have scored the hattrick tonight.

That is all.

On the other hand think on this

Thats all

Exactly.

I would have swapped a goal in each of those games for his hat-trick tonight.

Are we to believe that Torres is nullified by a deep-lying
team?
I think not.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:15 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

I agree with what your sayig but dont you think hes trying to prove a point to Rafa aswell drop me at your peril.

If he is to play top notch in the prem he needs to create space against teams like Birmingham like he did tonight

He didn't create space out of nothing tonight. He used the space that was there available [which was far more than what Porto and Birmingham gave us] and he was a threat.

Just like the space he had against Derby and what he did against Chelsea.
AB's Red Army

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:16 pm

Are we to believe that Torres is nullified by a deep-lying
team?
I think not.

Who gives a :censored: what we think? It's obvious that the man in charge believe so otherwise. And he's got a pretty damn good reason to believe it as well.
AB's Red Army

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:16 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

THat is all.

Against Porto we hardly had any possession, against Birmingham we had the ball we just didn't know what to do with it.
account deleted by request

Postby username » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:17 pm

If we don't play him against deep-lying teams, he wont learn how to play against them.

Also, you cant dont use Porto as a example. It wasnt so much him getting closed down, but who was trying to pass to him.
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:18 pm

s@int wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

THat is all.

Against Porto we hardly had any possession, against Birmingham we had the ball we just didn't know what to do with it.

We're useless in games like those. It's not the first time we looked clueless when teams like Birmingham played.
AB's Red Army

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:20 pm

Got one thing to say

TONIGHT TORRES MADE ME CUM IN ME PANTS
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:21 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:Rafa said that when given the space, Torres can do what he did tonight. .
This is a fickle business I guess.

Rafa was covering his @rse A.B. he knew he made a mistake and he is not going to change his rotation policy to please us Pro-Torres.

Wish everyone would fuck this word off Fickle cause Ive never heard of it until I came on football forums we dont say to each other at the ground oh hey he/she's fickle, we dont say in the pub fickle, infact us scousers dont even say that stupid fuckin word, cause its not even a word.

Maybe to the internet brigade but the only time I have ever used the word fickle is typing it cause its never come out of my mouth or any other scouser I know.
Does me head in, Fickle behave.

Crouch has the confidence of a 20 stone teenager with achne and B.O. going on a date with Cindy Crawford at the moment.
He seems a bit scared TBH scared if he does good he will be dropped, scared if he plays bad, but my bet those two upfront would be a nightmare for any defence.

Dont forget Crouch was our best forward last season then in comes a good looking Spaniard, technically better than him, nicer looking than him, faster than him.

But Crouch's birds better looking than Torres's one so he wins in them stakes until he leaves Liverpool :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:23 pm

Rafa was covering his @rse A.B. he knew he made a mistake and he is not going to change his rotation policy to please us Pro-Torres.

Or the man who knows the player better than any of us has an actual point. ???

But I guess that option is ruled out.
AB's Red Army

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:24 pm

benayoun was what was missing against birmingham, that little bit of guile that luis garcia brought to us

benny must play on the left wing i think, babel just isnt a winger
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion