Reading vs. liverpool - carling cup - 25/09/2007 - The madejski stadium – 7.45 pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:58 pm

Best Torres moment (apart from his goals)Big defender knocked him over challenging for the ball, Torres got up challenged the defender again knocking the defender over, then Torres gives a little smile. :D
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:00 pm

Fantastic individula performances by Torres and Yossi - glad the little Isreali is stepping up his game and actually showing his class.

As for Fernando - what a game! Battered, bruised, no protection from the ref, and he comes off with a hattrick.

Go on lad - keep this up, and you've a home for life. :nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:01 pm

Sack Rafa. He must be blind to sit this lad.

Whoever brought this lad, should replace Rafa at charge.

Now.

:D Lots of positives today.

* Fabio Aurelio, a better option than Arbeloa when fit IMHO is back. He's not only good at the basics of the position, he's also a good corner taker and set pieces man.

* Torres. Top notch performance, hat trick and MOM.

* Good games IMHO of Benayoun and Sissoko aswell.

* Will boost the morale if it was damaged.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:01 pm

s@int wrote:Best Torres moment (apart from his goals)Big defender knocked him over challenging for the ball, Torres got up challenged the defender again knocking the defender over, then Torres gives a little smile. :D

The lad's got it about him to give as good as he gets, and irritate the feck out of defenders, but not let it actually affect his own game. Just ask John Terry.

It's a good mentality to have in this league.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:03 pm

Missed the Rafa interview did he say how long a rest Torres needed afterscoring three and working that hard we mightnt see him now for weeks  :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:04 pm

Maybe it's not the thing to say...but.. look at what rafa
dropped against Birmingham!!

:D

Excellent game for Torres
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:04 pm

torres looks totally amazing at the moment,  his strenth has caught me by suprise big time...

i said it weeks ago,  i think he is the most exciting striker on the planet right now...

some of you wanted tevez...   eat your heart out we have...   EL NINO...    :buttrock

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:04 pm

i think that performance by torres quashes doubts about him not being a prolific goalscorer, he had 4 chances tonight and scored a hat trick, i think the above average goal ration in spain was because he played for a poor side with a lot of expectation on his young shoulders.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:05 pm

Rafa you fool see what we missed :D

What a player Torres is drop him again in the prem Rafa you will get lynched by us Anti-Torres droppers  :D

Great game though better than that shite against Pompey and Brum.
Loads of pace, open, great goals.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:05 pm

Rafa said that when given the space, Torres can do what he did tonight. No such space was given when we played Birmingham, which he knew, and decided not to play him. This was seconded by  the legend himself, Ian Rush.

I'm amused to how people believe they know Torre's strengths and weaknesses more than the man, who signed him and has been watching him for a large part of his career.

But there you go. This is a fickle business I guess.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:06 pm

Before anyone goes overboard - think on this:

Had Fernando started the Portsmouth and Brum games, chances are he wouldn't have scored the hattrick tonight.

That is all.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:09 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:Rafa said that when given the space, Torres can do what he did tonight. No such space was given when we played Birmingham, which he knew, and decided not to play him. This was seconded by  the legend himself, Ian Rush.

I'm amused to how people believe they know Torre's strengths and weaknesses more than the man, who signed him and has been watching him for a large part of his career.

But there you go. This is a fickle business I guess.

i hear what you're saying AB, but Torres has the ability to scare the :censored: out of a defence...so much so they will send 3 (yes 3!) players to get the ball from him.  Obviously RAfa knows his stuff, but Torres today showed that he's our most in form player and i think he'll be in the 1st 11 for a while now
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 pm

Superb goal from Yossi, hopefully that will give him the confidence to step up to the next level, the lad definately has the ability, was made up for him.
Thought Aurellio was steady and it was great to see him back.
Lucas was neat and tidy and didnt give the ball away until about the 75th minute or something stupid, Rafa will love him if he can keep posession so well.
Now to say i told you so about Torres would be stupid, totally different style of game where before it Rafa predicted he would get plenty of space to show what he can do.
Fair enough the boss called it right.
but not only the hat trick...everything about this lad is world class, hie workrate is up there, as is his determination, he has pace, decent touch awareness. And can score different type of goals, i think i read that the Atletico chairman said that he doesnt see Fernando score the same goal twice...well so far out of six neither have we.
I hope that persuades some of the fans that agreed or bought in on Rafas assesment that Torres isnt suited for some games.
The lad along with Reina, Carragher and Gerrard should start EVERY league game, who partners him should and could be open to debate.
Thats not anyone going OTT after a hat trick in a low key Carling cup tie with Reading resting players, its just plain obvious.
Get him on the pitch at Wigan and we will be alright.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Missed the Rafa interview did he say how long a rest Torres needed afterscoring three and working that hard we mightnt see him now for weeks  :D

More like "so, will he be included in the squad at the weekend?"
"maybe"
"but, after scoring a hatrick, he has to be in the team"
"maybe"

man rafa, just be clear damn it!  :D
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:11 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Before anyone goes overboard - think on this:

Had Fernando started the Portsmouth and Brum games, chances are he wouldn't have scored the hattrick tonight.

That is all.

On the other hand think on this

If he had started the Postmouth and Brum games we might have had 6 points instead of 2

Thats all

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion