Ratings few newcastle game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:56 pm

Reina - 7. Came off his line excellently and got the centre halfs out of trouble on occassions with his decisiveness.

Kromkamp - 7. Set up Crouchies goal with a superb cross and looked good alround.

Warnock - 7. Hard in the tackle and supported Kewell well.

Carragher - 7. Solid and reliable as ever, won a few excellent tackles and when he was caught in midfield always got a foot on the ball to break up momentum. Was unfortunately at fault for Newcastle's goal.

Hyypia - 7. The rock. Great in the air, read the game superbly and dominated the Newcastle forwards.

Agger - 8. Some wonderfull passes, tackled and recovered well and his part in Gerrard's goal was top class.

Gerrard - 8. Tackled and battled, passed well, was everywhere. Crackin game.

Hamann - 7. Controlled the tempo of the match, played with his usual cool head.

Kewell - 6. Lacking quality at minute. The effort was there though which makes it acceptable.

Cisse - 7. His best game in a Liverpool shirt. Good runs, superb penalty and a great ball in for Gerrard's goal. Still shown a shocking lack of ability and common sense today but his performance was better than it has been. Should have had an assist to his name when Kewell was in acres of space but decided to kick the ball at the fans who were taunting him.

Crouch - 8. Man of the match. Two assists and a cracking header. His assist for Gerrard's goal is what he's all about. All his critics can't see that, the likes of Sissy would never have done that, thats what Crouch adds, intelligence and technique.

Subs: Luis Garcia - 6. Shown good touches, could have scored.
Fowler - Not on long enough to make an impact.

Excellent performance today, solid right throughout the side. Crouch was excellent and Agger shown what he's about with his part in Gerrard's goal, which for me is one of the best goals we've scored under Rafa Benitez. Good players go good things which contribute to goals. Thats exactly what happened today.
115-1073096938

Postby Well Red » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:18 pm

I disagree with Cisse, he only made a 6 at best because he had poor control and wasn't able to play the one-touch football which the others were playing. Also Steve Gerrard was pretty quiet (for him), I'd have given him a 7 :;):
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:21 pm

A good assessment of the game. Alan Smith summed it up about Cisse when he commented that he doesnt believe he's greedy but just lacks awareness of other players. Overall though i thought Cisse was decent today. The lad just needs to put his foot on the ball a bit more and do simpler things. Crouch was great today as was Carra. Warnock also impressed me and he could get more starts in the team next season if he plays like that. Happy days. :)
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Graeme Noble » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:21 pm

Cisse deserves a 7 because he played a superb pass to Gerrard for the 2nd goal and scored a very good penalty as well. At least we now have a good penalty taker.
Graeme Noble

Postby drummerphil » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:22 pm

I disagree with Cisse's rating too,he was no better than Kewell in my opinion and 6 is about right.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby born a red live a red die a red » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:42 pm

A great team effort the new formation worked a treat and strikers are finally beginning to show class cisse probably gonna go in summer but al long as we keep hold of rafa,stevie g,carra and promising young players we'll be up there next season espcially with micheal owen bangin the goals in i think we ahould approach birmingham the same and we'll be looking at an fa cup semi final
born a red live a red die a red

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:45 pm

yeh cisse lacks intelligence and awareness, he should have passed one of his chances to kewell and should fix his attitude.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:47 pm

drummerphil wrote:I disagree with Cisse's rating too,he was no better than Kewell in my opinion and 6 is about right.

You can't give a lad a six when he scored one goal and played a good part in one of the best goals we've scored under Benitez. I don't like the lad, i'm he's not and never will be good enough, at least today he produced a decent performance and actually tried.
115-1073096938

Postby Graeme Noble » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:47 pm

Most good players are agressive, thats what Crouch is lacking in.
Graeme Noble

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:29 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
drummerphil wrote:I disagree with Cisse's rating too,he was no better than Kewell in my opinion and 6 is about right.

You can't give a lad a six when he scored one goal and played a good part in one of the best goals we've scored under Benitez. I don't like the lad, i'm he's not and never will be good enough, at least today he produced a decent performance and actually tried.

Yes you can stu lad!!
Ffs lets be honest he scored a penalty,still scored yes but its hardly the same as a goal created in open play!!
Ok yes he played a part in a goal big deal..thats expected!!

Apart from this he had a few wild shots that he was never gonna score!
Then he again higlighted his selfishness in front of goal when he had another ambitious shot that he was never gonna score when if the ball was squared to Kewell he was newver gonna miss!
To say this was his best performance is maybe not far off the mark being fair when i struggle to think of a game he has played anything near well!
So i guess an assist and a penalty is about the best Cisse offers...personally i cant wait to see the back of the looser!!

Also his behaviour towards the NUFC fans was of bad taste and not what LFC is about,i hope Raffa pulls him up on this!!

Cant really argue with the rest of your ratings though!
Im delighted today with a great solid performance away from home and ecstatic that Agger and Kromkamp look like they may be 2 players that warrant a place in the team!

Good day,great result!! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby Scottbot » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:49 pm

Decent appraisal of the players there Stu except i also think your being overly generous to Cisse who enfuriated me for much of the game. Granted, the penalty was well taken but his goading of the Newcastle fans completely galvanised a crowd that fuelled Newcastle's best spell at a time when they should have been dead and buried.

I've been a bit critical of Warnock recently but i thought he was excellent today - fully committed, got forward and linked up with Kewell. I was also very impressed with Hamman and Crouchy was top drawer. Redknapp and Andy Gray made some good comments about Crouch attacking from the edge of the box giving us a huge mis-match with the fullbacks.

The formation interested me today. From time to time i do find some of Rafa's tactics & substitutions baffling. But then if your average fan is baffled then opposing managers must be equally unable to predict how the team are gonna set up each week. Today we played for much of the game with what looked like a 3-6-1 formation which changed to 3-3-3 or 5-4-1. It certainly did the trick and i thought we were excellent in the first half plus were unable to rest Finnan and bring off Gerrard early. Not sure what the boss was doing taking off Sami at the end there though!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:06 pm

Is it just me or does Cisse look like he is at best a Sunday league player with a bit of pace.

Ive just watched the magpies game and he looked totally out of his depth right throughout the game. His pass selection was terrible and it must be so frustrating playing offensively with him.

How many times did one of his team mates give out to him for choosing the wrong pass or lossing the ball.

The people at Auxurre must be still rolling around the floor laughing at how they managed to get £14 million for this player.

When you consider Defoe cost £7 million and what you could get this summer for £14 million its very annoying. I really hope he is on his way in the summer because he is simply not good enough for Liverpool Football Club but my only worry is, who the hell is going to buy him and how much will we get for him.

If someone offers £5 million for him we should rip their hand off because if he keeps going the way he is then by the end of next season he wont be worth £1 million   :angry:
Last edited by Dundalk on Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:11 pm

I wonder what they are saying on the toon forums about Boumsong right now!? You wouldn't swap im for our Djimi would ya? :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:13 pm

Dundalk wrote:Is it just me or does Cisse look like he is at best a Sunday league player with a bit of pace.

Ive just watched the magpies game and he looked totally out of his depth right throughout the game. His pass selection was terrible and it must be so frustrating playing offensively with him.

How many times did one of his team mates give out to him for choosing the wrong pass or lossing the ball.

The people at Auxurre must be still rolling around the floor laughing at how they managed to get £14 million for this player.

When you consider Defoe cost £7 million and what you could get this summer for £14 million its very annoying. I really hope he is on his way in the summer because he is simply not good enough for Liverpool Football Club but my only worry is, who the hell is going to buy him and how much will we get for him.

If someone offers £5 million for him we should rip their hand off because if he keeps going the way he is then by the end of next season he wont be worth £1 million   :angry:

I agree he's sh.ite!!
All he does it try and knock the ball past the opposing player and use his pace to run by him,then even while doing this he gives up chasing the ball way too easy if he gets the slightest knock!!
His finishing is terrible and his vision...erm well he does'nt have any!!
He frustrates the hell outta me!!
Cant wait to get rid!!
66-1120597113

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:15 pm

that shot that cisse blazed about 5 yards wide in the second half when kewell was completely unmarked tells you everything you need to know about him.

not good enough. if i was robbie fowler i'd be wandering what the hell is going on for this guy to be starting ahead of me.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion