Ratings few newcastle game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:55 pm

kunilson wrote:lol i left the l out, now im a pigeon :laugh:  its editted, so the specualtion ends here, or does it?

yes.

Yes cause you 'editted' it lad!!  :laugh:

I take it spoelling is not yor strongpont? ??? :oops:

SORRY !!!! :D
66-1120597113

Postby kunilson » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:14 am

yeah it was a mistake, i was in haste.

but i really can speel good. :cool:   <----- shoulda just used that instead of tryin to spell an impossible word like that. :;):

btw i wasn't tryin to come off as annoyed or anything, i re-read that post and it sounded off.  :upside:
Last edited by kunilson on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:42 am

yes cisse should of passed to kewell but some of you go on like other strikers have never done this before?  do you watch other football games?

i have seen strikers do these kind of things so many times.

damn defoe is on of the most selfish strikers in england.  ask any tottenham fan what defoe is like when it comes to being a team player??
puroresu

Postby vlady16.1 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:03 am

may i make a request to rafa-- please stop playing cisse, my friends hate the verbal abuse i give him while we watch the games.

i simply cannot see why rafa plays him -- forget the scoring chance , remember the great pass to the defender during an attack or that wonderful run he abandoned when he was shoulder blocked(slight as i may add) and just stopped -- we really need to stop playing him

no defence, poor passing no heart -- therefore i give him a 3.5 only due to the fact that he is fast
vlady16.1

Postby puroresu » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:32 am

please don't tell me the robbie elliot foul was a shoulder block.  it was obstruction clearly!
puroresu

Postby TheoRacle » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:37 am

vlady16.1 wrote:that wonderful run he abandoned when he was shoulder blocked(slight as i may add) and just stopped

IMO there was no way the ball was within controllable range of the defender and he clearly stepped into Cisse's run and blocked him. As I understand it, that's obstruction. Possibly one of the things Ciggy had in mind when she mentioned the ref's slightly biased decisions today?

Surprised you credited him with a wonderful run too... :D
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:23 am

Ciggy wrote:
john craig wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Oh and BTW Gerrard was rubbish today he scored a goal but he was pretty much enominous for 90 mins today.

???

Can't agree with that Ciggy.  I thought that was his best game for a while. 

Think we watched a different game then, he aswell as Rafa can also can be critised you know?
Hamann done more work than Stevie did today, and TBH he hasnt been exeptional for about 5 games TBH.

Yeah....thought Hamann was the M-O-M ....IMO.  He carried out his anchor role to perfection.

As for gerrard, i will give him a "7"....He scored and did a lot of hard work (pressing opposition midfielders).. He did not impress a lot but that is due to the high standard he has set for himself.....

Maybe gerrard was saving himself for the derby..... I know he wants to destroy BS as much as i do....  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:38 am

Whoa.......Cisse is getting lambasted here after putting in a decent performance....

Come on guys, We don't have any RW at the moment..  If cisse can somehow perform the rest of the matches like this, we have a great chance of finishing 2nd and winning the FA cup...

I admit, cisse has to go next season.... But until then, lets get behind him.... If can put in decent performance at RW, then Gerrard and Garcia can play in their preferred positions...and this is only beneficial to the team...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:53 am

It was a good game I believe. But it's too early to say whether the new system suits us well or not. But, with new guys that coming in, I think Rafa is looking at this system as a creative way of going forward in EPL. All our guys played well yesterday, and I think we should be more generous with the rating. But, not for Cisse.... I think he's showing his real value now, he cannot cope with the mounting pressure on him. He seriously did not show a good vision of the game play.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:12 am

Full credit to Rafa for changing the system which worked amazingly well for us.

Kromkamp and Warnock starred in the new system.

Crouchy man of the match. Had a hand in all 3 goals, and shows that good delivery from the wings brings out the best in the big man.

Was really pleased for Krompkamp. Showed amazing technique for his shot from the corner. His cross for the first goal was what the boffins call a goal-ball.

Gerrard's goal is goal of the season for mine. Amazing vision from the lad. Superstar.

Cant believe ppl on here are giving Cisse good ratings. The game was finished before he incited the crowd. Immature and unprofessional from a player getting paid a mint. I was surprised Rafa didnt take him off instead of Crouch. He was close to being sent off, and who knows what could have happened then. Pressure we just didnt need. Not passing across to Kewell shows that he's playing for himself and not the team. Goodbye chump
tel

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:20 am

These are my ratings for yesterday's game, and when I see my mate (A Toon fan who went to the match) I'll post his ratings aswell, just to compare them: :D

Reina: 7. Had no chance with the goal, and was eccentric at times, but was never out of control. Is there a quicker 'keeper off the line?

Sami: 8. Brilliant. Made Sh*trer look like the punk he is.

JC: 7. Good game, with the exception of playing Ameobi onside for their goal. (Debatable.) Solid as ever though.

Agger: 8. Impressive. The lad is improving with every game he plays, and is already better than 80% of the Premiership's CB's, IMO.

Kromkamp: 7. Solid, and created the opener with a fabulous floated cross. Showed technique that would shame many strikers with his rasping volley. Unlucky not to score.

Warnock: 7. One of his best games for us. With the exception of hacking the ball straight to a Barcode late in the 2nd half, was faultless.

Gerrard: 8. Not up to his usual hustle-and-bustle, but still the best midfielder on show. Everything he did in the build-up to his goal was 1st-class.

Hamann: 7. Took a right clattering off the long-time w*nker Bowyer, but simply bossed the park. Little Lee's bully-boy tactics were wasted on the wrong man!

Kewell: Was innocuous for long spells - mainly due to Cisse's reluctance to pass to him. Fantastic ball into Cisse.

Cisse: 7. In and out of the game. Wonderful cross for Stevie's goal, well-taken penalty. Class insightment of the gimps in the stands. He was celebrating the birth of his kid FFS! ???

Crouch: 9. Got to be MOTM for the set-ups and goal. THIS is what we want to see more of from the lanky sod!!!!! :D

Subs: Garcia: 7. Good flair play. Could easily have scored.

Alonso: 7. Would have scored but for a wonder save. Made some fine passes, and kept things tidy in the middle.

Fowler: Not on long enough to rate.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:54 pm

Cisse was frustrating to watch. He has no awareness, no passing and his shooting is suspect. I don't mind him shooting the ball but just look at the way he shoots.. I'm sure he doesn't even know where it is going. He just close his eyes and try to kick it as hard as he could without any aim. He is a striker for crysake... I think giving a 7 is really over generous, I would give him a 4 or 5. We would be lucky to get him sold for more than 5 million...
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:54 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:13 pm

people are still slagging off cisse even tho the last 2 games he has played in he has had a good part in the goals. some liverpool fans on here arent fans at all but moaning old grannies who should be in a bingo hall talking about how sugar used to be cheaper in the good old days.

cisse played well, he tried, he won balls, he crossed well, and most importantly, liverpool won. we finally have a guy who can take penalties as well which makes a nice change for us.

kewell as well i think had an excellant game, as did kronkamp. we played well, we won well, in the 2nd half we didnt even get out of 2nd gear and we breezed passed a newcastle team that underperformed but had a good line up in midfield.

i think some of the people on here need open minds and stop going on about cisse moaning and having a bad touch and actually watching the game and cheering him on
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:03 pm

dawson99 wrote:people are still slagging off cisse even tho the last 2 games he has played in he has had a good part in the goals. some liverpool fans on here arent fans at all but moaning old grannies who should be in a bingo hall talking about how sugar used to be cheaper in the good old days.

cisse played well, he tried, he won balls, he crossed well, and most importantly, liverpool won. we finally have a guy who can take penalties as well which makes a nice change for us.

i think some of the people on here need open minds and stop going on about cisse moaning and having a bad touch and actually watching the game and cheering him on

Let me point out first that I'm not a Cisse fan but whilst he's wearing an LFC shirt I will always support the lad, even if it is inevitable that he'll go at the end of the season.

I don't care what anyone says, Cisse didn't have a great game yesterday by anyone's standards. He did score a nice pen, he did put in a nice cross and he made a few runs to add to that as well. What Cisse does give us as a team, regardless of how useless he is at times is space. The opposition has to sit deeper because of his pace, (even if he doesn't know how to use it), this in turn allows our midfield more time on the ball as the play is not as compressed.

When the opposition sits deep, it allows our players the time to control the ball and play it on the deck, rather than hoofing it at Crouch, another reason why Crouch looked so effective as well, we actually took the time to play it to his feet, he caused so many problems with his control and lay off's.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion