Ramon calliste - Whats the score

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby taff » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:11 pm

Ever since Hartson retired from intrnational football the papers in Wales have been on about possible replacements.  Now I know we are clutching at straws down here but theres been mention of Ramon Calliste as a hot prospect.

The odds are that a Welshman at a premiership club let alone a big premiership club will get the Welsh football press going over the top.

Has anyone seen him or heard anything about him apart from the usual one for the future comments
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:03 pm

Caught a couple of ressie games this season, and he looks half decent, very skillful and good movement Taff.

I have enquired with William Hill about him scoring a hat trick against MAn Utd before 25, waiting for the odds back.

I like hte look of him, but I dont work for LFc....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:07 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Caught a couple of ressie games this season, and he looks half decent, very skillful and good movement Taff.

I have enquired with William Hill about him scoring a hat trick against MAn Utd before 25, waiting for the odds back.

What do you think of Hobbs, Anderson and Barragan?

Seen the reserves once live this year, Barragan looked really classy and Hobbs looked outstanding, we didn't have Anderson at the time but he's got alot of really impressive reviews.
115-1073096938

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:08 pm

I've  Read L.F.C magazine earlier in the season. One of the academy coaches says that they only bought from Wrexham because they wanted quantity rather than quality.
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:11 pm

craig da Toxteth iron wrote:I've  Read L.F.C magazine earlier in the season. One of the academy coaches says that they only bought from Wrexham because they wanted quantity rather than quality.

Shut up or i'll flatten you! :D
115-1073096938

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:16 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
craig da Toxteth iron wrote:I've  Read L.F.C magazine earlier in the season. One of the academy coaches says that they only bought from Wrexham because they wanted quantity rather than quality.

Shut up or i'll flatten you! :D

So why have we heard more of Barragan and the classy Hobbs than Ramon Calliste mate?   :rasp
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:21 pm

:D
115-1073096938

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:35 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Image

:D

So you reckon Ramon Castile is an unsuccessful academy player. What's next for him? Will he be a Bricklayer or a Shop assistant in Asda or working in Burger King, Oh that's right you have just answered my own question? He will work in Johnsons Cleaners, and that’s where you should go mate Image
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby taff » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:38 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Caught a couple of ressie games this season, and he looks half decent, very skillful and good movement Taff.

Thanks leon.

The papers down here have built him up a bit especially for a reserve player and the fact he was released by Man Utd.

Is there any player in reserves that stands out head and shoulders
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:50 pm

Excuse my ignorance but wtf have Wrexham got to do with anything ??

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:12 pm

I saw the reserve game against Man Utd and I have seen Ramon Calliste play for Wales U21s. Too be honest he is a typical youngster, all pace and dribbling but no awareness of what is around him, not particularly impressive physically either, he plays a bit like Baros is that respect. I cant see him making the grade at Liverpool too be honest, but I guess making a judgement after just seeing him play a few times isn’t the most reliable sources, and he isn’t that old so he there is still plenty of time for him to improve.

But I agree that he was probably bought here to make up the numbers more than anything else, last year our reserves suffered badly without any strikers, so he was probably bought in for this purpose.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:37 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:I saw the reserve game against Man Utd and I have seen Ramon Calliste play for Wales U21s. Too be honest he is a typical youngster, all pace and dribbling but no awareness of what is around him, not particularly impressive physically either, he plays a bit like Baros is that respect. I cant see him making the grade at Liverpool too be honest, but I guess making a judgement after just seeing him play a few times isn’t the most reliable sources, and he isn’t that old so he there is still plenty of time for him to improve.

But I agree that he was probably bought here to make up the numbers more than anything else, last year our reserves suffered badly without any strikers, so he was probably bought in for this purpose.

Hey...at least Milan Baros provide us funds...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:57 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:But I agree that he was probably bought here to make up the numbers more than anything else, last year our reserves suffered badly without any strikers, so he was probably bought in for this purpose.

Mellor scored twenty five in the ressies last year lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:09 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:But I agree that he was probably bought here to make up the numbers more than anything else, last year our reserves suffered badly without any strikers, so he was probably bought in for this purpose.

Mellor scored twenty five in the ressies last year lad.

Really?

Considering he missed the start of the season and the whole of the second half of the season, and was in the first team squad most of the time when he was fit, I find that very hard to believe.

I think your talking about 2 or 3 seasons ago. I’m as sure as I can be without having access to the stats that Mellor did not score anywhere near 25 goals for the reserves last year.

If anyone could find the stats relating to Neil Mellor and how many goals he scored for the reserves last year it would be much appreciated.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:59 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

What do you think of Hobbs, Anderson and Barragan?

Seen the reserves once live this year, Barragan looked really classy and Hobbs looked outstanding, we didn't have Anderson at the time but he's got alot of really impressive reviews.

ive not seen anderson live yet but from what ive seen from the reserve highlight on the liverpool website he look promising. He's got strength, pace and good control, can put in adecent ball to. In a couple of the games on the highlights he seems to be involved in absolutely everything good we do, (set up 3 goals the other day)

obviously we shouldnt get to carried away but he's promising.
columbia

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion