Rallying call

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:53 pm

bigmick wrote:It's an interesting one that the "sack Rafa, put your thoughts in here" thread is forcibly taken over by real fans standing by their man (and no problem with that), whereas a "rallying" thread is forcibly guarded in case anybody who is anti comes in to comment.

Anyway that aside, we really do have a chance now to get something going now as almost unnoticed, we've put a bit of a run together.

Why should people who detract from the gaffer have any "protection"?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 pm

bigmick wrote:
bigmick wrote:It's an interesting one that the "sack Rafa, put your thoughts in here" thread is forcibly taken over by real fans standing by their man (and no problem with that), whereas a "rallying" thread is forcibly guarded in case anybody who is anti comes in to comment.

Anyway that aside, we really do have a chance now to get something going now as almost unnoticed, we've put a bit of a run together.

This was my 10, 077th post and I quite rightly got a card for it :laugh:. It is a disgraceful contribution for which I wholeheartedly apologise. 

What a total and complete load of b0ll0cks  :laugh:

Not nice, is it?

Perhaps now you will understand why people get f*cked off when others ask for them to be carded day in, day out...

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:01 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
Fauxy wrote::O  people are getting cards now for voicing their opinion?

IT's pathetic!.....you cant even speak your mind on here now!........What happened to "Freedom of speech"? regardless of what i or many others think about the manager what right does that super dud have to sanction my posts?......i have not swore or posted any derogative remarks......or personaly insulted anyone on here?......unlike a few i could mention on here....aka griffin!......no wonder this forum is losing members faster than benitez is losing games! (go on give me another warning for that?)..........it just shows how some people on here are fine with you.......as long as you abide by their views....you an embarrasment "super dud".  :nod  :angry:

I think you'll find that if you're a Liverpool fan - a real one - you tend to get on better.

When you're a complete c*nting bluenosed tw*t, it's another story...

Anyway - glad you're gone, you f*cking mincing old b*tch.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:04 pm

bigmick wrote:It's an interesting one that the "sack Rafa, put your thoughts in here" thread is forcibly taken over by real fans standing by their man

Errr don't you mean real "supporters" SUPPORTING their team (and yes that does include the manager).
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:14 pm

kazza wrote:
bigmick wrote:It's an interesting one that the "sack Rafa, put your thoughts in here" thread is forcibly taken over by real fans standing by their man

Errr don't you mean real "supporters" SUPPORTING their team (and yes that does include the manager).

Dontcha know, we should support the "team", which is actually the "institution", which without the "team" would not exist?

Save your breath - it's pointless trying to reason with the perpetually demented...

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:
Fauxy wrote::O  people are getting cards now for voicing their opinion?

IT's pathetic!.....you cant even speak your mind on here now!........What happened to "Freedom of speech"? regardless of what i or many others think about the manager what right does that super dud have to sanction my posts?......i have not swore or posted any derogative remarks......or personaly insulted anyone on here?......unlike a few i could mention on here....aka griffin!......no wonder this forum is losing members faster than benitez is losing games! (go on give me another warning for that?)..........it just shows how some people on here are fine with you.......as long as you abide by their views....you an embarrasment "super dud".  :nod  :angry:

I think you'll find that if you're a Liverpool fan - a real one - you tend to get on better.

:laugh:  that post cheered me up
Fauxy

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I think you'll find that if you're a Liverpool fan - a real one - you tend to get on better.

Classic lando at his best love it  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:05 pm

I dont think there will too many tears over REDTILDEADs exile!
Complete and utter toolpiece and some of the bile he posted on here stank of biterness,almost hate towards the manager and some players......not on!

You can hate the way things are,hate certain things,be critical of certain players and some of the managers decisions....I dont think anyone would argue with that.Personally I respect anyone who says they dont think a player is good enough or the manger is good enough whether I agree or not .BUT there are certain ways to say it....coming across as if you hate players or the manager and disrespecting OUR club as sadly some do....deserve a ban IMO!
We can all have a rush of blood to the head at times and say things we may regret...but idiots like the one mentioned above with continuous insults to the club/manager/players have no place calling themselves a fan of LFC!

Bout time the mods got tough on posters like that IMO!

Anyway,BigMicks card was a bit harsh I reckon though...still made me laugh though! :laugh:

Naughty boy! :no
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:

Rallying the team has nothing to do with pro or anti rafa...it's about give support to the football team...but bigmick seems unable to distinguish support for the team and pro rafa...

I never thought for a minute that the anti rafas were also anti support for the team ,although it does seem apparent that their deep rooted hatred of Benitez extends to Lucas , Kuyt, Insua, Ngog, Degen, Aquilani....jesus thats half a team already...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:36 pm

supersub wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Rallying the team has nothing to do with pro or anti rafa...it's about give support to the football team...but bigmick seems unable to distinguish support for the team and pro rafa...

I never thought for a minute that the anti rafas were also anti support for the team ,although it does seem apparent that their deep rooted hatred of Benitez extends to Lucas , Kuyt, Insua, Ngog, Degen, Aquilani....jesus thats half a team already...

I support the team as do most so called anti's. I do however think we can do better than some of the players you named, similarly I think we could get a manager that would bring us more success than we are achieving under Rafa.

People wil always have differing views on the capabilities of players and managers, just because some people including myself think we could do better does not mean we don't support the team.   

If you don't want a variety of opinions why bother having a forum?
account deleted by request

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:02 pm

s@int wrote:If you don't want a variety of opinions why bother having a forum?

Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion ....just unexceptable to bring anti rafa feelings into a thread created to rally support...it hasn't nothing to do with the position of the manager.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Yet if someone created a thread rallying support for our two owners, who are after all part of the club, no one would be carded or chastised for posting their anti-owners stance in the thread....... would they?

Surely if people are allowed to "use" the thread to support the manager, that is divisive to all the people who support the club, support the team but think the manager makes too many mistakes to take us any further. Shouldn't they be allowed to express their view on what is the best way forward for our club.

I will happily get behind the team, I hope that Rafa proves me wrong and becomes the greatest manager since Paisley, but I DON'T BELIEVE HE WILL or that the team will suffer for my lack of belief in the manager.

You either believe in god or you don't, and no Spanish inquisition is going to alter that fact, similarly with Rafa some have faith that he can turn things around , others think we need a new broom.

Postby roberto green » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:51 pm

s@int wrote:Yet if someone created a thread rallying support for our two owners, who are after all part of the club, no one would be carded or chastised for posting their anti-owners stance in the thread....... would they?

Surely if people are allowed to "use" the thread to support the manager, that is divisive to all the people who support the club, support the team but think the manager makes too many mistakes to take us any further. Shouldn't they be allowed to express their view on what is the best way forward for our club.

I will happily get behind the team, I hope that Rafa proves me wrong and becomes the greatest manager since Paisley, but I DON'T BELIEVE HE WILL or that the team will suffer for my lack of belief in the manager.

You either believe in god or you don't, and no Spanish inquisition is going to alter that fact, similarly with Rafa some have faith that he can turn things around , others think we need a new broom.

With all due respect you can't compare the sitaution of Rafa and his supporters/non supporter with the people who may rally behind the owners because there is absoultly no comparision. you may get a RAFA SPLIT OF 60/40% in Rafa's favour but the owners? well it woud be about 95/5% against them.It is ckear who is wrong for the club and that is why you won't get a topic backing the minge bags(yanks)
roberto green

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:07 am

As far as I can tell, this was created to get the juices flowing before the Spurs game. There was some pro Rafa sentiment in there but that goes with the territory; it wasn't the core message though, which was to get behind the team.

"Redtilldead" was asking for trouble when he started with his "Blinkered Rafalites" nonsense.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:10 am

roberto green wrote:
s@int wrote:Yet if someone created a thread rallying support for our two owners, who are after all part of the club, no one would be carded or chastised for posting their anti-owners stance in the thread....... would they?

With all due respect you can't compare the sitaution of Rafa and his supporters/non supporter with the people who may rally behind the owners because there is absoultly no comparision. you may get a RAFA SPLIT OF 60/40% in Rafa's favour but the owners? well it woud be about 95/5% against them.It is ckear who is wrong for the club and that is why you won't get a topic backing the minge bags(yanks)

But should we not give our owners more time in just the same way that Rafa supporters ask for more time? After all it took Edwards more than 7 years to bring the title back to the mancs.     :D

Seriously I agree with you about the owners, but I also believe that people can support the club without supporting the owners in just the same way as people can support the team without supporting Rafa.

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion