Rafs management

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby biffa » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:43 am

Just saw on sky TV a programme about Liverpool and the players talked about Raf and his style of management.

The game plan is apparently to keep the ball for as long as possible and Raf even analyses everyone of the opposition players to decide how they should be played against.

The point was the amount of detail he goes into to plan each game, sounds incredible to me and while other clubs may carry some of out do they go into this detail.
biffa

Postby laza » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:44 am

Well he supposely described himself as a loner with a laptop
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:51 am

laza wrote:Well he supposely described himself as a loner with a laptop

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:09 am

It don't matter how his management or coaching methoods are, as long as the players respond positively, are motivated, play well, get the results and the methods are not wierd - I am all for it!

It has also been said of Maurinho that he is similarly "scientific" in his approach to coaching.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:25 am

Azria

Perhaps we should call the new breed as "scientific managers".
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:39 am

Yes...why not.
These two, Benithez and Maurinho, are said to have a tremendous eye and emphasis for details but share a common trait with the likes of Fergie and Wenger in that they are very single minded. I suppose a large majority of the great achieving managers are single minded and don't take much cr@p from their players - that's why they are successful.

It seems that Camacho is having problems from his Real squad with Roberto Carlos rebutting his manager's press statement on live radio in Spain. Felix Magath is also facing some resistance from his more senior players at Bayern Munich on his training methods. Like Maurinho said early on just after he arrived at Chelsea, you have to get rid of the bad oranges in the box, otherwise before long, all of the oranges will turn bad!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:42 am

Azriahmad

I see it as a power issue, player vs manager and this is certainly the case when things go wrong. In the case recently of Mancs letting Beckham go and not Fergie it was all down to power. If Fergie had lost the players would have run the club, since successful players can bring big egos.
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:00 pm

Yes, but the players, no matter how good they are, need to play in a team and need to be told/coached and not to be left to their own devices. Every sportsman or woman needs a coach of some kind.

What I am saying is that people like the Real Madrid galacticos should listen to their coach and give him soem respect for a bit more time instead of rebutting the coach's comments immediately in public on live radio. Camacho did not say that Roberto Carlos was to balme etc., he just said Real Madrid lacked humility in approaching the game against Leverkusen and Carlos replied if Camacho included himself in that comment. This is unbecoming of a pro with the stature of Carlos.

Well, whatever. At least it is not happening to us... Looking at this kind of incidences, it was right for Rafa to get rid of the factionism and "senior player power" at Liverpool from the very beginning.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:12 pm

Azriahmad

Just imagine the inflated egos at Real, not sure who would want to try and keep the lid on it, has to be a special manager for that.

Read in the ST that Real dont consider Becks as a true galetico and REal didnt want to pay him as much as the other gals cos that would upset them. I think this is just a sample of what goes on.
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:55 am

Kinda, from what I have read in the papers of the internet, it seems that the really big headed galacticos are Roberto Carlos, Figo to some extent, Raul. You hardly hear any negative things about Zidane. Perhaps the ones jealous of Becks are these three. It is a shame that these very highly paid players can turn out to be so spoilt with such mega egos.

At the rate they are going, they will implode sooner or later... With the nonsense they stir, even a hard nosed manager like Alex Ferguson will have his hands full trying to get these lots to play and act like pros.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:01 am

biffa wrote:Just saw on sky TV a programme about Liverpool and the players talked about Raf and his style of management.

The game plan is apparently to keep the ball for as long as possible and Raf even analyses everyone of the opposition players to decide how they should be played against.

The point was the amount of detail he goes into to plan each game, sounds incredible to me and while other clubs may carry some of out do they go into this detail.

this biffa fella is kindaconfuzed from wot ive heard!!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby L-type » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:49 am

I'd bet Houllier could straighten real out :D
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:17 am

Either that or Houllier would suffer a second heart attack!

This is a dressing room not for anyone with a hint of a faint heart...such mega egos to manage and Raul can get away with murder and still not get dropped.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion