Rafas replacement

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:28 am

Hmmmm....interesting Sky Sports havn't picked this up yet. If it was to be DIC then we've missed yet another important addition.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:28 am

No pressure on City then the new owners have just made a statement to SSN.

That City must finish in the top 4 this season.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:30 am

Frank Rikjaard.  available and has an attacking philosophy.
puroresu

Postby Number 9 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:31 am

Im willing to give him to the end of the season and make my judgement then!
He did ask for 5 years and he got it...he has put the pressure on himself as this is his 5th year in charge.
I have to admit i was bemused yesterday with the starting line up and equally with the substitutions.I know many have came on here loads of times after games and cried about starting certain players or making certain substitutions,I have always been able to see some sort of logic in his decisions and whether they paid off or not gave the manager the benifit of the doubt.
Yesterday I was left scratching my head,I have thought about it since and am as perplexed as I was watching it unfold as I am now......I simply dont know what the manager was thinking and I dont think I ever will!

All that aside we got a point and remain unbeaten,though I cant help feeling with a bit of common sense from the start ie putting Keane upfront and Babel on the left would have given the team more balance.Yes i know Babel has'nt been great but it still would have made more sense than starting out the way we did!

On the subject started by GYBS,its kind of a pointless thread because regardless of anyones opinions Rafa will not be going anywhere until at least the end of the season.Its just a typical knee jerk reaction that we have seen a million times on here before because one game never went the way a certain fan wanted it too!
YES ONE GAME,I say that because if we would have beaten Villa even 1-0 this thread would not exist,of course the usual suspects would still be crying about something else but that is always the way.

Oh and as for the absolute clueless idiots that have called for fat useless bast@rd sam....Wise up!
I can just imagine our team in the League with him in charge! :laugh:
If we were lucky enough to qualify to the C/L with him in charge we would be out in the group stages,could you imagine him trying to get tactical against Inter or Madrid?
No chance you cant kick your way to the C/L final and the long ball sure as hell wont work either!
So you can rule him out for good!

If the day does come that Rafa gets sacked the club needs a manager there are very few out there who could replace him.
Anyway I hope it does'nt come to that and he can win the C/L or EPL this season because I honestly feel it will take one of the two to keep him in his job if the Yanks are still here by then!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:35 am

Ciggy wrote:No pressure on City then the new owners have just made a statement to SSN.

That City must finish in the top 4 this season.

:laugh:
Must or else what?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:35 am

The Thread was started in response to people knee jerk reactions to wanting rafa replaced - ie to see if these people had actually thought it through enough to see if there is actually anyone out there we could get that could replace rafa .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:39 am

Number 9 wrote:Im willing to give him to the end of the season and make my judgement then!
He did ask for 5 years and he got it...he has put the pressure on himself as this is his 5th year in charge.
I have to admit i was bemused yesterday with the starting line up and equally with the substitutions.I know many have came on here loads of times after games and cried about starting certain players or making certain substitutions,I have always been able to see some sort of logic in his decisions and whether they paid off or not gave the manager the benifit of the doubt.
Yesterday I was left scratching my head,I have thought about it since and am as perplexed as I was watching it unfold as I am now......I simply dont know what the manager was thinking and I dont think I ever will!

All that aside we got a point and remain unbeaten,though I cant help feeling with a bit of common sense from the start ie putting Keane upfront and Babel on the left would have given the team more balance.Yes i know Babel has'nt been great but it still would have made more sense than starting out the way we did!

On the subject started by GYBS,its kind of a pointless thread because regardless of anyones opinions Rafa will not be going anywhere until at least the end of the season.Its just a typical knee jerk reaction that we have seen a million times on here before because one game never went the way a certain fan wanted it too!
YES ONE GAME,I say that because if we would have beaten Villa even 1-0 this thread would not exist,of course the usual suspects would still be crying about something else but that is always the way.

Oh and as for the absolute clueless idiots that have called for fat useless bast@rd sam....Wise up!
I can just imagine our team in the League with him in charge! :laugh:

If we were lucky enough to qualify to the C/L with him in charge we would be out in the group stages,could you imagine him trying to get tactical against Inter or Madrid?
No chance you cant kick your way to the C/L final and the long ball sure as hell wont work either!
So you can rule him out for good!

If the day does come that Rafa gets sacked the club needs a manager there are very few out there who could replace him.
Anyway I hope it does'nt come to that and he can win the C/L or EPL this season because I honestly feel it will take one of the two to keep him in his job if the Yanks are still here by then!

Are you sure:P No it would a step in the wrong direction. I'm sure they weren't true suggestions;)
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:48 am

Ciggy wrote:The biggest mistake Rafa made was winning that CL final in 2005, he raised everyones expectations so high people thought here we go we will be winning every single trophey from now on.

Then reality set in like spoilt children demanding winning the premier league just because we havent won it for 19 years doesnt mean we have the right to because we are Liverpool.

Man United & Chelsea have killed the game, no longer is it players pulling out their tripe and playing for the shirt all we have now is players bigger than clubs, only concerned about who is offering the biggest pay cheque.

The days are long gone of The Liverpool Way its alien to us we cannot get our heads round it, but its here and its here to stay until things change and wage caps are brought in.

People advocating for Rafa to be sacked they are entitled to their opinion how ever do you really, really think things will be different with another manager?
We may play a different style of football either more defensive or sexy football (to quote Ruud Gullit). But we will still finish in 3rd or 4th place.

Then we will see a squad overhaul again, a new manager will want new players, like Souness did, like Houllier did, like Rafa did.
Its going around and around in circles and by the time that happens we will be back to square one, the players replaced the manager questioned about the replacements.
Then the same old thing happens again.

Until money is spent on that pitch and we can compete player for player with Chelsea & The Mancs, then we will be having to settle for second, third and fourth place finishes.

It is not going to get better even with another manager he will have the same problems, the fans will still moan, the media will still have it in for us, and twit & tw@t will still be causing unrest behind closed doors.

IMO and its only mine another manager would have left under the current situation we find ourselves in at the momment, can you imagine Maureens reaction if he wanted to buy Gareth Barry to be told not to his face but through media outlets that he has no sell on value.

Rafa has been treated like sh!t by our owners, he has behaved a bit childish himself with the concentrating on coaching my team statement and wearing the trackie at Newcastle.

Ofcourse I am not happy about some of his squad selections, or the subs he brings on or the way we play sometimes worrying about stopping the other team instead of playing our own game and let them worry about us.

But the abuse he recieves from the media and some certain sections of fans is nothing short of a disgrace and the man doesnt deserve it.

If there is 1 person at the club at the moment who only has the clubs interest at heart  its not Tom Hicks, George Gillett or Rick Parry.
Its Rafa Benitez he loves this club and will do everything for it.

Give the man a break and a bit of respect because quite frankly from where Im standing The Ficklers dont even deserve to have him has a manager.

One day you may get your wish with Billic :Oo:  Fat Sam  :Oo: or McClaren.
When it happens dont come crying on here when it goes pear shaped, because those of us who have faith in Rafa will say we told you so.

Be carefull what you wish for.

Silly to say it was mistake to win CL.

Remember rafa didn't win it he didn't build that team credit where credit is due.

For me players won the CL with there effort.(and team GH built)

Bilic yes but no way other 2 people are saying "big sam" "steve Mcshithole" PMSL please no !

Why are people upset now after 3 games because we are not playing any better then we did 4 years ago in league and it isn't good.

I dread to think what results are going to be if we play this bad vrs good teams in form.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:53 am

Radio 5 live are say ADUG have taken over Man City
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:55 am

lakes10 wrote:Radio 5 live are say ADUG have taken over Man City

Damn that was fast haha.

So new manager then.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:59 am

LegBarnes wrote:

Damn that was fast haha.

Tell you what Man u are going to go mad, soon Man City could be a bigger club than them.

we are talking money and i mean big money, more money than DIC have or could ever have.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:15 am

lakes10 wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Damn that was fast haha.

Tell you what Man u are going to go mad, soon Man City could be a bigger club than them.

we are talking money and i mean big money, more money than DIC have or could ever have.

And us.  :p
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:26 am

Ciggy wrote:Ivan Campo and Kevin Nolan in.

Gerrard and Mascherano out.

:laugh:  :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:29 am

Anfield rapper wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Damn that was fast haha.

Who is ADUG ? They are bigger than DIC ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:54 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Damn that was fast haha.

Who is ADUG ? They are bigger than DIC ?

Not sure if they are bigger. They belong to a royal family from a different emirate by the sounds of things (Abu Dhabi). DIC belong to the royals of Dubia.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion