Rafas replacement

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:39 am

GYBS wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
lakes10 wrote:there is none right now.

Pretty much what i am thinking - so what about all these people that want Rafa gone ? are they going to manage the team themselves then ?

well you all know that i never wanted Rafa here in the first place, but if he was not here we would not have won the CL........

but we would have done better in the prem, right now he has dne no better that GH in the prem.

in a dream world i would have King kenny back with ian rush and sammy lee.

Who did you want instead of Rafa then ? The guys record was outstanding - not many could touch him ?

How do you know we would of won the league if we had got someone else instead of rafa ? Both Chelsea and Man Utd would still off spent billions buying up all the best players .

Kenny will never manage again .

at the time i wanted Jose Mourinho and we could have got him at that time.

and lets make it clear i did not say i would like Fat sam, what i did say is Fat sam would be abetter manager thab rafa in the prem.

ok i did get that wrong lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:41 am

What a great thread.
66-1112520797

Postby mistyred » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:43 am

Threads like this one just end up turning stupid if Rafa goes the board will get in a new manager, don't know who don't know when but their is bugger all the supporters can do.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:47 am

lakes10 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
lakes10 wrote:there is none right now.

Pretty much what i am thinking - so what about all these people that want Rafa gone ? are they going to manage the team themselves then ?

well you all know that i never wanted Rafa here in the first place, but if he was not here we would not have won the CL........

but we would have done better in the prem, right now he has dne no better that GH in the prem.

in a dream world i would have King kenny back with ian rush and sammy lee.

Who did you want instead of Rafa then ? The guys record was outstanding - not many could touch him ?

How do you know we would of won the league if we had got someone else instead of rafa ? Both Chelsea and Man Utd would still off spent billions buying up all the best players .

Kenny will never manage again .

at the time i wanted Jose Mourinho and we could have got him at that time.

and lets make it clear i did not say i would like Fat sam, what i did say is Fat sam would be abetter manager thab rafa in the prem.

ok i did get that wrong lol

TBH i dont think we ever really had a chance of getting maureen due to the amount of money being made available to him at chelsea - that was always going to win hands down .

And Fat Sam is a middle to lower club manager at best and his teams play bloody awful football .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. 08 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:55 am

Guus Hidink.

or Slaven Bilic without any bias. :D
A.B. 08

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:06 am

The biggest mistake Rafa made was winning that CL final in 2005, he raised everyones expectations so high people thought here we go we will be winning every single trophey from now on.

Then reality set in like spoilt children demanding winning the premier league just because we havent won it for 19 years doesnt mean we have the right to because we are Liverpool.

Man United & Chelsea have killed the game, no longer is it players pulling out their tripe and playing for the shirt all we have now is players bigger than clubs, only concerned about who is offering the biggest pay cheque.

The days are long gone of The Liverpool Way its alien to us we cannot get our heads round it, but its here and its here to stay until things change and wage caps are brought in.

People advocating for Rafa to be sacked they are entitled to their opinion how ever do you really, really think things will be different with another manager?
We may play a different style of football either more defensive or sexy football (to quote Ruud Gullit). But we will still finish in 3rd or 4th place.

Then we will see a squad overhaul again, a new manager will want new players, like Souness did, like Houllier did, like Rafa did.
Its going around and around in circles and by the time that happens we will be back to square one, the players replaced the manager questioned about the replacements.
Then the same old thing happens again.

Until money is spent on that pitch and we can compete player for player with Chelsea & The Mancs, then we will be having to settle for second, third and fourth place finishes.

It is not going to get better even with another manager he will have the same problems, the fans will still moan, the media will still have it in for us, and twit & tw@t will still be causing unrest behind closed doors.

IMO and its only mine another manager would have left under the current situation we find ourselves in at the momment, can you imagine Maureens reaction if he wanted to buy Gareth Barry to be told not to his face but through media outlets that he has no sell on value.

Rafa has been treated like sh!t by our owners, he has behaved a bit childish himself with the concentrating on coaching my team statement and wearing the trackie at Newcastle.

Ofcourse I am not happy about some of his squad selections, or the subs he brings on or the way we play sometimes worrying about stopping the other team instead of playing our own game and let them worry about us.

But the abuse he recieves from the media and some certain sections of fans is nothing short of a disgrace and the man doesnt deserve it.

If there is 1 person at the club at the moment who only has the clubs interest at heart  its not Tom Hicks, George Gillett or Rick Parry.
Its Rafa Benitez he loves this club and will do everything for it.

Give the man a break and a bit of respect because quite frankly from where Im standing The Ficklers dont even deserve to have him has a manager.

One day you may get your wish with Billic :Oo:  Fat Sam  :Oo: or McClaren.
When it happens dont come crying on here when it goes pear shaped, because those of us who have faith in Rafa will say we told you so.

Be carefull what you wish for.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:14 am

Ciggy wrote:The biggest mistake Rafa made was winning that CL final in 2005, he raised everyones expectations so high people thought here we go we will be winning every single trophey from now on.

Then reality set in like spoilt children demanding winning the premier league just because we havent won it for 19 years doesnt mean we have the right to because we are Liverpool.

Man United & Chelsea have killed the game, no longer is it players pulling out their tripe and playing for the shirt all we have now is players bigger than clubs, only concerned about who is offering the biggest pay cheque.

The days are long gone of The Liverpool Way its alien to us we cannot get our heads round it, but its here and its here to stay until things change and wage caps are brought in.

People advocating for Rafa to be sacked they are entitled to their opinion how ever do you really, really think things will be different with another manager?
We may play a different style of football either more defensive or sexy football (to quote Ruud Gullit). But we will still finish in 3rd or 4th place.

Then we will see a squad overhaul again, a new manager will want new players, like Souness did, like Houllier did, like Rafa did.
Its going around and around in circles and by the time that happens we will be back to square one, the players replaced the manager questioned about the replacements.
Then the same old thing happens again.

Until money is spent on that pitch and we can compete player for player with Chelsea & The Mancs, then we will be having to settle for second, third and fourth place finishes.

It is not going to get better even with another manager he will have the same problems, the fans will still moan, the media will still have it in for us, and twit & tw@t will still be causing unrest behind closed doors.

IMO and its only mine another manager would have left under the current situation we find ourselves in at the momment, can you imagine Maureens reaction if he wanted to buy Gareth Barry to be told not to his face but through media outlets that he has no sell on value.

Rafa has been treated like sh!t by our owners, he has behaved a bit childish himself with the concentrating on coaching my team statement and wearing the trackie at Newcastle.

Ofcourse I am not happy about some of his squad selections, or the subs he brings on or the way we play sometimes worrying about stopping the other team instead of playing our own game and let them worry about us.

But the abuse he recieves from the media and some certain sections of fans is nothing short of a disgrace and the man doesnt deserve it.

If there is 1 person at the club at the moment who only has the clubs interest at heart  its not Tom Hicks, George Gillett or Rick Parry.
Its Rafa Benitez he loves this club and will do everything for it.

Give the man a break and a bit of respect because quite frankly from where Im standing The Ficklers dont even deserve to have him has a manager.

One day you may get your wish with Billic :Oo:  Fat Sam  :Oo: or McClaren.
When it happens dont come crying on here when it goes pear shaped, because those of us who have faith in Rafa will say we told you so.

Be carefull what you wish for.

Yes is the answer to those questions, a new manager would cause a change and i would then, and only then fancy our chances of challenging for the league.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:16 am

I know this is the wrong thread to be asking this but who are the Arabs that have just took over Man City i hope its not our ones
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:19 am

Some of you that are wanting a replacement need to have a listen to this.

Part 1
http://www.file-upload.net/downloa....p3.html

part 2

http://www.file-upload.net/downloa....p3.html
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:19 am

Is this the excuse thread.

I'll be on my way then.
66-1112520797

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:19 am

NANNY RED wrote:I know this is the wrong thread to be asking this but who are the Arabs that have just took over Man City i hope its not our ones

Didn't know that it'd changed hands:S
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:21 am

Just came up on SSN flash gutted if its DIC thats why i wonderd if anyone else had seen it
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:23 am

NANNY RED wrote:Just came up on SSN flash gutted if its DIC thats why i wonderd if anyone else had seen it

No its not DIC nan. Abu Dhabi united group or something :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:24 am

I think they are the ones that tried to take over Newcastle Nanny ...... NOT DIC

Arabs ready to step into City hotseat

A mystery Arab group is standing by to prise control of Manchester City from controversial owner Thaksin Shinawatra.

The mega-rich Emirates-based company want to buy out the former Thai Prime Minister whose future at the Emirates is shrouded in uncertainty, the News of the World claims.

Although Shinawatra is looking for financial backers to come to his rescue and has been scouring the Far East, few investors are interested without assuming complete control.

Members of the Emirates group are keen to make him a buy-out offer and have made their initial interest known.

They want to take over the running of City, promising significant transfer funds for manager Mark Hughes.

Shinawatra is adamant he wants to stay in control — though he has admitted he might have to relinquish power if the Premier League decides he is no longer a "fit and proper person".

City's owner is currently in exile in England after fleeing his homeland to escape charges of corruption.
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:28 am

Cheers for that looks like its done and dusted then . Wheres are :censored: Arabs when you need them :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion