Rafas buying talent ability

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:32 am

When it comes to Cissé it's not just his complete lack of football intelligence, lack of dribbling, flair etc but his attitude on the field.
Even if you are in the lead with 15 min to go you have to be tactically aware out there on the field. Try and work your butt to keep the opposition busy, tackle, fight, hold up the ball, delay the game, etc. He doesn't seem to understand that such work is needed for a forward.

Cissé showed in the semi final in the FA cup vs Chelski how he behaves in such a situation and it's just not something I want to see a player do in a red shirt.

And the part about playing to Cissé strength is just out of the quastion for a club like Liverpool. We play a possession style game where we try to dominate the opponent.
Not a game where we sit back and try to counter.
That is what lesser teams do and it's such a team that would fit him much better.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:52 am

Penguins wrote:When it comes to Cissé it's not just his complete lack of football intelligence, lack of dribbling, flair etc but his attitude on the field.
Even if you are in the lead with 15 min to go you have to be tactically aware out there on the field. Try and work your butt to keep the opposition busy, tackle, fight, hold up the ball, delay the game, etc. He doesn't seem to understand that such work is needed for a forward.

Cissé showed in the semi final in the FA cup vs Chelski how he behaves in such a situation and it's just not something I want to see a player do in a red shirt.

And the part about playing to Cissé strength is just out of the quastion for a club like Liverpool. We play a possession style game where we try to dominate the opponent.
Not a game where we sit back and try to counter.
That is what lesser teams do and it's such a team that would fit him much better.

But thats just how we played under Houllier, sit back and counter. Big boot up to Heskey or over the top for Owen ,it would have suited Cisse too.

Not all players are the same, play Crouch balls over the top and see what he would look like chasing balls down.

As for his attitude, again who knows what he would have been like under Houllier. Having said that, when I have seen him play for France he just strolls about moaning  :D .

Again if he was scoring freely I could live with his attitude, unfortunately under Benitez he neither worked hard or scored freely.

When Fowler was scoring 30 goals a season he never worked as hard as Kuyt, but I know which I would have in my team.

A strikers main job is to play well, score and make goals, everything else is just a bonus. I would rather have Kuyt working less hard and scoring more, than him working away in midfield and not even getting a shot away.

If Cisse had scored 50 goals a season but been a lazy b@stard would you have complained.... no. So that means it was his lack of goals that was the problem.  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:11 am

Kukilon wrote:
Rush Job wrote:Has everyone forgotten about the Bulgarian striker we have for next season? proberly, hard to see were he's going to fit in.

Ukranian?

Think your right mate, i just hope he makes a bigger mark on me when the season starts. Strange signing though, five strikers and we still need to strenthen up there. Last summer we needed to get some class out wide and some class up front, not alot has changed. That said Torres isnt the answer, save money get Owen, even Bent. Rafas worst signing most proberly is here yet.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:23 am

LFC2007 wrote:
s@int wrote:Gerrard, Alonso,Sissoko and Mascherano are all options to play CM I wouldn't class any of them as squad players.

I think thats what Stu is meaning, quality options rather than squad players.

By the time I'v posted you have moved on three times  :D

No he dismissed people talking about "options" - inferring that Benayoun and co are not good enough - so presumably all the players he wants us to sign must be players who will go straight into the first team or are top quality, like Alves, Malouda, Owen, Anelka, Ashton etc. How does he think we will be able to afford 6 players of that Calibre? Is he going to chip in with his pocket money?

And where on this forum have I stated my opinion on Benayoun? :laugh:

Yet again you have absoloutely no arguement and persist on putting words in my mouth.

Pathetic If I'm honest.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:28 am

Infact, I'm off for tonight, am to :censored: to even be bothered arguing with a know nothing, everythings rosey brigade out of town muppet who thinks players at 22 suddenly learn something they didn't in their main development years...

:laugh:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:35 am

Stu.Murph wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
s@int wrote:Gerrard, Alonso,Sissoko and Mascherano are all options to play CM I wouldn't class any of them as squad players.

I think thats what Stu is meaning, quality options rather than squad players.

By the time I'v posted you have moved on three times  :D

No he dismissed people talking about "options" - inferring that Benayoun and co are not good enough - so presumably all the players he wants us to sign must be players who will go straight into the first team or are top quality, like Alves, Malouda, Owen, Anelka, Ashton etc. How does he think we will be able to afford 6 players of that Calibre? Is he going to chip in with his pocket money?

And where on this forum have I stated my opinion on Benayoun? :laugh:

Yet again you have absoloutely no arguement and persist on putting words in my mouth.

Pathetic If I'm honest.

:laugh:  = Stu
LFC2007

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:36 am

Ya caught me day dreaming, and being like yaself could resist to reply... :D

I'd rather be " :laugh: "

Than... " :kungfu: "

:D Night night x
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:41 am

Stu.Murph wrote:Infact, I'm off for tonight, am to :censored: to even be bothered arguing with a know nothing, everythings rosey brigade out of town muppet who thinks players at 22 suddenly learn something they didn't in their main development years...

:laugh:

Main development years! Take Hyypia, he didn't even join us until he was 25/26, but I suppose you scouted out his "main development" years at Willem II!  :sleep

Agger is 22, he has his "main development" years ahead of him. He has been fantastic, given his age, he's been more than fantastic - he's displaced Hyypia and formed a solid partnership with Carra. But then again, your judgement on "player ability" is better than Rafa's since you have "professional contacts".  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:42 am

Stu.Murph wrote:Ya caught me day dreaming, and being like yaself could resist to reply... :D

I'd rather be " :laugh: "

Than... " :kungfu: "

:D Night night x

I thought you were finished for tonight Stu? Yet another inconsistency in what you say!

Run along.....

kisses  :hearts
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:46 am

I think we all to some extent think our judgement is better than Rafa's, or we would all just sit nodding our heads saying great buy Rafa. Wouldnt be much of a forum but there would be less arguing :D
account deleted by request

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:13 am

s@int wrote:I think we all to some extent think our judgement is better than Rafa's, or we would all just sit nodding our heads saying great buy Rafa. Wouldnt be much of a forum but there would be less arguing :D

Ahh, shucks, I can't sleep... :D

Saint, Rafa ALWAYS gets it right mate. Its obsurd for anyone to ever call anything right ahead of Rafa given his qualifications and all... :laugh:

LFC2007 probably is Rafa.

Rafa, do yaself a favour lad, get a grip an sign some decent players ya bellend. :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:38 am

Stu stop waitin for a reply and go to bed mate.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:40 am

But Stu is ALWAYS right, he can criticise but NEVER be criticised.

But who am I to say these things,

I'm "two" stupid to understand!  :laugh:  :O
LFC2007

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:41 am

Rush Job wrote:Stu stop waitin for a reply and go to bed mate.

Am genuinely not, am just drunk and can't sleep and watching a good film. :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:54 am

rafa makes many mistakes, hence finishing so far off the winners last season and being dumped out the two domestic cups early, and then he blew the CL final, so anyone thinking rafa doesnt make mistakes is clearly deluding themselves and thats why mediocrity sets in, because people accept it
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion