Rafa vs champions league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:20 pm

If Rafa wins the Champions League with Liverpool this season, will he stay with LFC next season seeing that Real Madrid are looking his way, and whenever Everton drop points, Rafa looks to play defensively, and show no improvements or commitment to capitalise on their errors. It seems that he is saving players for the CL, and for some reason, we seem to be playing amazing footy in that league. When it comes to the league and 4th spot when we KNOW BS have dropped points, Rafa and the boys drop a gear, and we play like ******. I know im throwing this up in the air, and it can all be @ss talking, but there is a definite pattern. What you guys think?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:40 pm

he wont go the Real...that club has more politics that our election!  Can you see Rafa turning up to training and being told by the board that he must play Raul or get sacked?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:46 pm

At the moment mate, i dont know what to think.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:05 pm

can't blame Rafa when the players show no determination for the cause, excpet the usual expcetions like Carra. That team, although depleted, should have beat Palace today, no excuses!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:08 pm

Rafa must have thought it was a Carling cup third round game.... why the squad rotation again? wont he start learning? i understand he wants to rest players ahead of the chelsea game but we have 3 days to rest so what is the fuss?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:09 pm

Maybe Rafa did it on purpose, allowing for Chelsea to slacken off, seeing that we cant even see off a bottom 4 side. They might take it easier, and then BAM......... Chelsea 0 - Liverpool 5 and got a healthy lead into the 2nd leg. Oh, and Alonso breaking Lampard's leg would be great too.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:34 pm

im confused n totally depressed after losing to Palace.they are bottom 4 n we can't even beat them not to mention at least a draw.why on earth Rafa rest Garcia,Alonso,Nunez n Smicer ?? he must be thinking we hav no problem beating Palace.the important factor is we didn't capitalise the advantages for Everton-Birmingham n Villa-Bolton game !!

Very depressing !
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby el_stinger » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:35 pm

Garcia was a bit sore, he didnt play him cos he is a bit injured.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:21 pm

is it true Alonso was injured for Palace game ? if its true then i won't be blaming Rafa for his formation but still why didn't he play Smicer n Nunez ? Are they injured as well ?
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:33 pm

siti_zaiton1982 wrote:but still why didn't he play Smicer n Nunez ? Are they injured as well ?

This criticism is getting comical.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:51 pm

Well thats it!..its well and truly over now! no use us kidding ourselves. Rafa has sacrificed 4th spot hoping to reach the C.L. final, a gamble to far in resting too many players and he disrupted the team too much. He made a similar mistake when he underestimated Burnley in the F.A. cup? the fans wont be happy i feel let down to-day. putting a team out like that cost us the game ( and 4th spot) i dont think Rafa  has realised just how much pride our fans have? we desperately wanted 4th place, not just for C.L. qualification, but for our local pride over the "blue scum" we have been let down badly not only by the tactics, but also by some of the players he placed his faith in......I'm gutted!!  :down:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:07 pm

Forumers here are getting all paranoid...mark my word, read my lips "RAFA WON'T BE GOING TO REAL MADRID!!!!!!!". It's so freakin hard to see how any manager can survive a full 12 months in Bernabeu. Expectation to produce instant result, politics, Club President, players power etc is just not Rafa's cup of tea at the moment. Imagine Rafa calling on Real's players to break off their holidays and turn up for training 2 weeks earlier :laugh:  ...why will he be considering a move when for once, he's the BOSS of a famous club, with army of passionate and knowledgeable supporters well behind him and tasked to bring back the glory days to this proud club once again.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:58 pm

If Rafa wanted to go to Real Madrid he would had gone so already. He already had good enough track record to get the job.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:11 pm

I hate the fact that Everton are above us, a club full of w@nkers. Fans,players,manager all full of themselves even when they were on the verge of being out of the Premiership.

Their main goal is to finish above us, Champions League football, they don't know what that means. Let's put it this way, if both us and them were the worst two teams in the Premiership, [us 20th and them 19th] they would still celebrate despite the fact that we would be out of the Premiership, thats how sad Everton F.C. really is.

However sometimes you must make sacrifices in order to achieve your goals, even if it means sacrificing fourth place in order to keep going in the Champions League. Champions League is the ultimate prize in football, the prestigious trophy Everton will never win. Our players want to win it and so does our manager, but it comes with a price. I rather see us lift our fifth Champions League trophy than finish fourth.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby maximus » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:00 pm

A.B. wrote:I rather see us lift our fifth Champions League trophy than finish fourth.

Here, here  :cool:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion