Rafa vs champions league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:14 pm

Our inconsistency in the league has been sooo frustrating.  We had to get three points and got zilch.  I'm not throwing the towel in, but we are running out of games and it looks like we wont get fourth (we don't really deserve it over the course of the season).  It really is all or nothing now against the Chelski upstarts.  Btw I cannot see Benitez going to Madrid.  He's got a big enough job on his hands here and the backing of the board/fans - surely that means something.
sniffy98

Postby el_stinger » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:31 am

Sorry but at the moment, our reserves side would do a better job than the first team in the CL after that performance.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:33 am

Sorry but at the moment, our reserves side would do a better job than the first team in the CL after that performance.

You might want to watch our game against Bayer Leverkusen, the same side who was emberassed by Newcastle a week before knocked out Leverkusen.

We do well in CL, we're inconsistant in the EPL. Domestic form means nothing otherwise Man Utd,Arsenal,Juventus,Real Madrid,Barcelona wouldn't had been  out so early.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kid a » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:14 am

A.B. wrote:I hate the fact that Everton are above us, a club full of w@nkers. Fans,players,manager all full of themselves even when they were on the verge of being out of the Premiership.

Their main goal is to finish above us, Champions League football, they don't know what that means. Let's put it this way, if both us and them were the worst two teams in the Premiership, [us 20th and them 19th] they would still celebrate despite the fact that we would be out of the Premiership, thats how sad Everton F.C. really is.

I'm sorry. But, do you not see how contradictive everything you said about Everton is - when the first line of your post is "I hate the fact Everton are above us..". It's so dumb, it's funny..

Anyway, we all know the rivalry between clubs. And I don't like Everton or anything, but they have been far more consistent than us this season. That I can see.
Kid a

Postby Kid a » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:26 am

Keeping on with the topic at hand...

I don't know what the deal with Rafa is. He always came out saying that finishing fourth in the league and securing a CL qualification place, was the most important thing for Liverpool to achieve and he was primarily setting his sights on accomplishing that. Then, from what it seems...silently changes his mind about that. Starts resting players and fielding weak sides (like against C.P) in the Premiership in order to preserve them for the Semi's. Which one is it?? In my opinion, he's obviously deaded our chances of finishing fourth, and is setting his sights on European Glory. Which, truthfully...I don't think is the smart thing to do. I thought he felt the same, but obviously I was wrong. I would love for us to win the Champions League and all, but I think Rafa has now let himself be blinded by that and droppped the ball. I don't blame him, though. As you really can't do a lot, when your players are obviously more interested in the Champions League as well.
Kid a

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:43 am

Kid a wrote:I don't know what the deal with Rafa is. He always came out saying that finishing fourth in the league and securing a CL qualification place, was the most important thing for Liverpool to achieve and he was primarily setting his sights on accomplishing that. Then, from what it seems...silently changes his mind about that. Starts resting players and fielding weak sides (like against C.P) in the Premiership in order to preserve them for the Semi's. Which one is it?? In my opinion, he's obviously deaded our chances of finishing fourth, and is setting his sights on European Glory. Which, truthfully...I don't think is the smart thing to do. I thought he felt the same, but obviously I was wrong. I would love for us to win the Champions League and all, but I think Rafa has now let himself be blinded by that and droppped the ball. I don't blame him, though. As you really can't do a lot, when your players are obviously more interested in the Champions League as well.

i do agree wif you.im myself confused wif wat is going wif Rafa.which is which ?

:glare:  :glare:
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:39 am

A.B. wrote:I rather see us lift our fifth Champions League trophy than finish fourth.

sorry to be pedantic AB, but it would actually be our first CL trophy, as the last 4 times we have won it it was called the European Cup.
:D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:43 am

Your a smart ar.se :p
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:10 am

lets wait until wednesday to see if this is a bad result or not.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:39 am

Well we're due for a massive win by all accounts for that performance yesterday. If he saved all our players for midweek, we better win, and win big, otherwise, it was just all a big waste of time
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:49 am

el_stinger wrote:Well we're due for a massive win by all accounts for that performance yesterday. If he saved all our players for midweek, we better win, and win big, otherwise, it was just all a big waste of time

don't have to win big.

i will take a score draw or a narrow win.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:06 am

Im p.issed off and Im glad that stupid 4th f.ukin place is over now :glare:  roll on next season, let the BS have 4th and we can have a laugh at there expense at not being in the CL.
We shouldnt be scrapping for 4th anyway.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:45 am

Its a sad thing when we are talking about finishing 4th we are L.F.C.!...and nothing better than 1st! is good enough for us. let the blue scum have the "glorious heights of 4th" we can sit back and laugh at their pathetic attempts to get past the preliminary round! :D ... we have more important things to concern us next season like winning the prem.  ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:55 am

The BS wont even qualify for Europe, theyll do a Newcastle, and then get sucked into a relegation battle next season
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:22 am

i hope everton get through to the group stages, it will distract them from the league and okay, it might give them a few bob but moyes is one of those managers who is allright when shopping at the lower end of the market but when it comes to big(ger) money signings often falls short......beattie, richard wright, yobo etc.
plus usually these higher profile players have big ego`s, and with moyes not having a great playing career or managing career (he`s done well, but that wont impress big time charlie players) he might find it hard to motivate his players when things go wrong.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion