Rafa "too abrasive" for owen - Wtf?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:54 pm

I shall not slag owen off.  I hope he goes to Real and score 50 goals a season, yet, i watched his interview last week and i find it sickening how he made his 'loyality' speech.  Owen was a great player, yet, as already has been said, my memory of him is tarnished.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:59 pm

I just can't understand the logic of moving at a time when the club is better equipped to challenge on all fronts than it has been at most of the time Owen has spent there.

If he'd wanted to move at the end of last season, I'd have understood, but after a top new manager arrives, sweeps out the cobwebs and welcomes in a couple of class signings, you'd think he'd want another year.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am

I'm disappointed too Kewell if he does indeed choose to leave but not because he ssaid something last week when a microphone was pushed under his nose but because he has chosen to leave at such an exciting time for Liverpool FC .

However I won't engage in derogatory remarks about a player who has entertained a lot of people who support Liverpool over the last 7/8 years .........

This is not a dig at yourself just an appeal to others maybe who are thinking of crucifying him on here ...

Walk on ..........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:11 am

It's a sad day; haven't logged on for a while but this seemed like the time to do it; Rafa unfortunately has been left with little option but to get the best possible deal for Michael; I personally feel saddened by Michael's attitude but non the less can see his point in wanting to become one of the "Galacticos".

Don't personally agree with Carra that Real are and always will be the "TEAM", but hey those of us old enough will remember Paris; Just finding it HARD to justify Michaels decision, personally think it will come back & bite him HARD on the ****** hopefully, no more than that RECARRO seat at the Bernabou will polishing the Subs Bench!

I wish Michael ALL THE BEST, if he does decide to leave, I like most of you only question HIS advisors in this whole sorry episode as I think LFC under RAFA would be a better Bet!
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:15 am

Welcome Back Glenbuck, good to have you on baord. Where you been ? Polishing the Reccaro for Michael in Sapin ? :D

Real are one of the few sides who can afford to buy players for their mercandising potential rather than their football ability and I fear Owen may indeed find himself consigned to the illustrious list of substitutes at Real :(
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:18 am

Dalglish i have nothing but respect for Owen as a player.  i'm dissapointed that he says one thing and does another.  As i said before, i hope he score 50 a season for Real (if he goes) but i think he should have set his cards on the table from the start.  Either he wanted to stay or leave in June.  Personally i don't blame Owen..........I blame Houllier for not sorting this contract out last year!  :angry:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:21 am

Do you know what ever since Portugal I've been sitting on a beach in a RECARRO thinking how the press can  possibly F*** UP Liverpool's comeback as the "TEAM", then SH*T ME if the ECHO doesn't do it for me, tell you what Dalglish I'm personally starting councelling this whole pre-season has goosed my brain, i just don't know what to think anymore know wonder I only post once in a blue moon (pardon the pun)!
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:22 am

Absolutley spot on with your comments on Houllier. Therein lies the root of the problem with Owen's extended contract talks :(

Had Houlier been as abrasive as Benitez appears to be then maybe we wouldn't be selling owen at a bargain basment price ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:22 am

Dalglish wrote:Real are one of the few sides who can afford to buy players for their mercandising potential rather than their football ability and I fear Owen may indeed find himself consigned to the illustrious list of substitutes at Real :(

This is certainly the most prudent point made all night..  :cool:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:23 am

Only time will tell whether owen has made the right decision but at 24 he really should have given Benitez 2 or 3 seasons if he really loved the club.

I will not forget him jumping ship at a time when huge improvements are being made on and off the pitch. :angry:
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:23 am

could Owen be the next Rush?  A season away and then return? :Oo:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:27 am

:D  Yes but we wil probably pay £15 milion to get him back ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:30 am

Yes but we wil probably pay £15 milion to get him back 

with Gerrard in exchange  :O  :p
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:32 am

You just love the "rumours" don't you Kewell :laugh:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:39 am

7_Kewell wrote:could Owen be the next Rush?  A season away and then return? :Oo:

Only want him if it's on a Bosman  :D  Do u think he may sign a one yaer deal only with Real  :;):  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion