Rafa to return? - Cue the stalkers.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Who cares,

Rafa answered a question, he said he loves Liverpool, they asked him if he was ever offered a job would he take it, he answered honestly and said yes, so nothing wrong with that, we have Kenny at helm and we move on

end of discussion
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:28 pm

metalhead wrote:Who cares,

Rafa answered a question, he said he loves Liverpool, they asked him if he was ever offered a job would he take it, he answered honestly and said yes, so nothing wrong with that, we have Kenny at helm and we move on

end of discussion

Yes, but apparently saying No or no thanks counts as taking out knives.  A butter knife maybe  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Jesus - the guy gets asked a question , he answers honestly and then the knives come out - nothing changes I see .

what knives? who in this thread went on and slated rafa or abused him? no one, everyone has his own opinion saying that Kenny is here and hoping he is here for the long term.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:45 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
metalhead wrote:Who cares,

end of discussion

Yes, but apparently saying No or no thanks counts as taking out knives.  A butter knife maybe  :D

the mind boggles :D

seriously, if some people want him back fair enough, if some people don't want him back fair enough.

I really don't care because I'm happy with the way things are going right now and I know reg is trying to wind us up (sorry reg) :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:53 am

Nothing wrong with the interview.

It's a hoo ha about nothing.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:59 am

KK is the best manager we could ask for.  I'd rather have KK then Mourinho. I honestly hope he turns into the next fergie or Wenger-type manager.  No I don't want him to be a complaining c*nt who b!tches about every little thing in the world (Tho having the FA in his pocket could be useful :D ) but I think he will do great things for our club and he could easily lead us in the downful of the mancs.

Rafa was an okay manager, but he was the most stubborn b@stard in the world... It really caused us problems when he would play certain players too much and refuse to play others.  He did that garbage like taking Stevie off early when we needed him on to prove that he was in control of the team, not Stevie.. it's fecking annoying. 

But he wasn't horrible.  Got us Istanbul and 2nd place, plus a few great transfers.  He's smart when it comes to Spanish transfers, but just about everywhere else was a waste.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby killerp » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:41 am

Reg wrote:Rafael Benitez 'dreams' of returning to Liverpool

PA
Thursday, 24 March 2011

Rafael Benitez admits "it would be a dream" to manage Liverpool again in the future.

The Spaniard only left Anfield last summer and while his successor Roy Hodgson lasted barely half a season, he himself was similarly unsuccessful at Inter Milan.

Benitez admits Kenny Dalglish is currently doing an impressive job in his role as caretaker boss until the end of the season, but concedes he would jump at the chance to resume his love affair with the Kop.

"I am really proud of being the manager of Liverpool Football Club and I would like to come back in the future," Benitez told Sky Sports News.

"You never know (when) because Kenny is doing a really good job. It's a question of time. You never know in the future.

"It would be a dream. I would be really pleased to come back in the future."

Benitez revealed he would consider other offers in England but would never contemplate managing Liverpool's rivals Everton and Manchester United.

"Fans in Liverpool know the teams I would not go (to) but I think these clubs wouldn't offer me a job.

"I'm a professional but obviously some clubs I would not go to, especially the big rivals of Liverpool. I won't say the names, but it's not difficult!"
++

Yeah come on down Rafa !   :buttrock  :pirate  :rasp

Is it April fools already? ??? 

Rafa vs Daglish hmmm...let's see;

Rafa can't get a top job anymore due to the discovery of how poor his management skills really are. His Inter stint was a absolute debacle. Anyone who disagrees with that should have their head examined.   :Oo:

Daglish has managed to pull Rafa's/Hodgson's depleted Liverpool team out of the bottom of the league & almost back in the top 4 in only a few months.

Benitez is now part of Liverpool history, I hope it stays that way!
killerp

Postby alxy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:59 am

King Kenny obviously makes the most sense to Liverpool fans, seeing as he has all that passion and history of the club. But beyond Liverpool, it might be difficult for others to buy into his plans for our future success. What about Mourinho? Yes, he's an arrogant stuck-up snob, but he comes with an impeccable reputation as a winner. We most likely will not make it to the CL next season. Mourinho might be able to attract those stars that would not normally want to join a club not in the CL. Plus the fact that he's a good man manager capable of getting the best out of most star players.

Anyway, just a thought. I guess there is no way that Mourinho will want to come to Liverpool anyway. Not unless FSG suddenly wins a €1B lottery. Somehow I feel Mourinho wants instant success with money that he can spend freely. Not having to slowly develop and build a team with limited resources.

My vote goes to KK. The impact he's had on the team so far has been great. Why spoil that now with Rafa? Rafa had his chance. Now it's KK's turn
alxy

Postby Octsky » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:14 am

gotten sacked by 2 big clubs in a year.
when he managed Inter, they are struggling in champs league group, 13 pts behind
leader Ac. now after he left, Inter in last 8 of champs league, 3 points behind Ac.

what makes him think that he is going to manage LFC again?
he will be happy that the club dont ban him within a 2 mile radius.
how rafa got his sky high confidence really beats me.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:20 am

Octsky wrote:gotten sacked by 2 big clubs in a year.
when he managed Inter, they are struggling in champs league group, 13 pts behind
leader Ac. now after he left, Inter in last 8 of champs league, 3 points behind Ac.

what makes him think that he is going to manage LFC again?
he will be happy that the club dont ban him within a 2 mile radius.
how rafa got his sky high confidence really beats me.

:nod  he has an ego problem.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:24 am

dawson99 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Jesus - the guy gets asked a question , he answers honestly and then the knives come out - nothing changes I see .

It's not knives, and you should know Rafa by now to know that he likes to stoke the fire, or light a new one. Don't be so naive to think he is completely angelic and never has an ulterior motive

So had he been asked if he would like to manage Liverpool again and he'd replied "the last thing I would ever want to do was to manage Liverpool again" you probably would still find fault.

I would always welcome any manager that shows so much affection for the city, fans and the club. A refreshing change from the world of mercenaries which is modern day football. Luckily for us we have another managers with the same affection.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:28 am

:help

Yes football is that simple  :upside:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:50 am

I want to see Kenny given a proper chance first, a long term contract ect... but if that didn't work out I think the first person we should be looking is Rafa.

It would be a dream come true for me too. :;):
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:52 am

kazza wrote:

:help

Yes football is that simple  :upside:

Yes it is
Benitez turned two clubs in the wrong direction and they have both been turned in the right direction since he was sacked
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby neil » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:07 pm

i hope a journo asks kenny how he feels about an old manager constantly linking himself to his position.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion