Rafa to resign on monday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:14 am

at least we would attack and not be scared by the like of shef utd and bolton

peewee for manager, i will sort the feckers out, no more rotation and no more playing the slowest attacker against the oldest defender in europe    :D

but seriously though santa, i dont criticise just for the sake of it, the points i make are valid points and backed up by the poor results we have had.

i dont want rafa to leave, but like ciggy says, if he goes he goes and the club moves on, when people say we will go backwards, they are implying that rafa is the best manager in the world, but i havent seen that yet, he has done a decent job, 3 finals in 3 years, but saying he is the best manager in the world, well i would have to disagree there guys, i think the best manager would not have made the mistakes 3 years running, i think the best manager in world wouldnt have played with just kuyt up front in the final, or left crouch so late, or brought arbeloa on instead of bellamy.

so like i have said before in the alonso thread, nobody is bigger than the club, nobody is irreplaceable
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Thu May 31, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Thu May 31, 2007 11:22 am

peewee wrote:at least we would attack and not be scared by the like of shef utd and bolton

peewee for manager, i will sort the feckers out, no more rotation and no more playing the slowest attacker against the oldest defender in europe    :D

but seriously though santa, i dont criticise just for the sake of it, the points i make are valid points and backed up by the poor results we have had.

i dont want rafa to leave, but like ciggy says, if he goes he goes and the club moves on, when people say we will go backwards, they are implying that rafa is the best manager in the world, but i havent seen that yet, he has done a decent job, 3 finals in 3 years, but saying he is the best manager in the world, well i would have to disagree there guys, i think the best manager would not have made the mistakes 3 years running, i think the best manager in world wouldnt have played with just kuyt up front in the final, or left crouch so late, or brought arbeloa on instead of bellamy.

so like i have said before in the alonso thread, nobody is bigger than the club, nobody is irreplaceable

:laugh:

And no nasty Basques nor Spaniards in the team. Yeah!!!!

Peewee for manager. Now.

Seriously though, the question is not "is he the best manager of the world?" the debate should be IMHO "Is LFC in the right track under Rafa?" that's the answer I'd like yous to answer.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 31, 2007 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 31, 2007 11:27 am

Sabre wrote:the debate should be IMHO "Is LFC in the right track under Rafa?" that's the answer I'd like yous to answer.

Last season in the prem I thought we where I dont know what friggen went wrong this season though Sabre, and according to Rafa we have better players now than we did the season before.
Going by the results and performances away from home this past season you wouldnt think so.
How can we finish one point behind the mancs last season and 21 this?
Answers on a post card please :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:28 am

Sabre wrote:And no nasty Basques nor Spaniards in the team. Yeah!!!!

Peewee for manager. Now.

i might bring back nunez and josemi if you carry on like that, 

but seriously sabre do you really think i would put my differences with you before the good of my club, get real mate, nothing to do with anyones nationality, i am passionate about my club and indifferent to you so my club will always come first, please dont make silly comments

:D
112-1077774096

Postby redtrader74 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:28 am

peewee wrote:at least we would attack and not be scared by the like of shef utd and bolton

Whoever you may consider the best manager to be, would still not be infallible, would still make errors in some peoples eyes.

The moving backwards means that a new manager coming in would obviously come in with his own ideas and plans and may want to bring in his own players.

Rafa may not achieve what we all want by the time he does finish his time with us, but it is hard to argue that the signs of success are not there, and Rafas quality has been visible to all of us. Rafa has been charged with a project and surely we need to give him the time required, especially as he has brought success so far.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu May 31, 2007 11:31 am

For Peewee the gaffer: I followed that quote by "Seriously, though" which I thought it implied the previous 2 lines were a joke!

I foresee that you will answer then "Oh don't make that jokes in the football section" which then I'd answer with the "What about your victory bus, Alonso in Barcelona, and Rafa out" joke threads?

It was a fécking joke! :D
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 31, 2007 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:32 am

well that all depends on what you class as success mate, i dont class finishing 21 points behind the leaders as success
112-1077774096

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu May 31, 2007 11:32 am

I'm not buying this at all.

Rafa's resigning on Monday? If he was thinking of resigning, he'd resign.

If he had something under his hat that he wasn't going to make public until Monday, we wouldn't know anything about it.

For that matter, do we actually believe he's gone on holiday for a period taking in the first few days of the summer transfer window? Wouldn't that make him a hypocrite in light of the alleged comments he made about Parry?

And don't give me any sh*t about "ooooh, it's got legs - it's being talked about on forums everywhere". They've all got it from the same place, and ridiculous sh*t like this has a habit of spreading like wildfire.

If anyone has a decent source, feel free to name it. Until I see that, I'm filing it under horsesh*t.

Honest to f*cking god, and some of you f*ckers give Welsh Wizzard a hard time... :laugh:
ivor_the_injun

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:33 am

Sabre wrote:For Peewee the gaffer: I followed that quote by "Seriously, though" which I thought it implied the previous 2 lines were a joke!

I foresee that you will answer then "Oh don't make that jokes in the football section" which then I'd answer with the "What about your victory bus, Alonso in Barcelona, and Rafa out" joke threads?

It was a fécking joke! :D

yeah the joke loses something when you have to explain it mate

:D
112-1077774096

Postby redtrader74 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:35 am

peewee wrote:well that all depends on what you class as success mate, i dont class finishing 21 points behind the leaders as success

1 cl, 1cl final, 1 fa cup, 5th 3rd 3rd.

Is that not success during a period of rebuilding?

I think the 21 point thing has already been flogged to death, a pragmatic look over the last 4 months will explain why we coasted in the league, it may not be to our liking, but explains it.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:42 am

i know what you are saying but the fact we were in a position to coast speaks volumes mate, if there was success in the league we wouldnt be in that position.

yes we won a couple of cups, we would have won another CL if rafa had got it right on the night.

dont get me wrong i dont want him to leave, however if we play next season like we have the last one then i will gladly call the taxi for him as it will show he has learnt nothing in 3 years about how to approach our league, how long does the rebuilding have to take mate?

seriously i have said before on here, we are all talking about these payers we are going to buy, but it wont matter if they are sat on the bench every other week while poorer players get a run out to no avail
112-1077774096

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu May 31, 2007 11:45 am

Don't forget to add the Carling Cup final against Chelsea in 2005

4 finals in 3 years
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu May 31, 2007 11:50 am

lol Rafa to resign - my ars
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:50 am

I think a lot us have forgotten where Houllier left us, the players ready to leave, the players coming in. That was going to take years to rectify, maybe if we had given Rafa 100m to spend in one year then we could start to dictate to him.
This summer is important because if what the Yanks have said is true, then for once we can go out and buy from the top of the shopping list rather than the sift around the back of the sofa for some spare change.
Personally should we get the money, then i will expect a real league challenge.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:55 am

but like i just said RT, rafa does himself no favours, last season we got the CL final so logic would dictate that we have a strong team, i mean a poor team would never achieve that.

so please explain to me why if we have a team strong enough to get to the CL final, did we perform so poorly in the league?

and i dont want to hear world cup, injuries, players bedding etc as that is exactly the same for the CL and in fact the same for man utd and chelsea.

can the finger be pointed at rafa for continuing with a tactic that hadnt worked for his previous two seasons?
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion