Rafa to resign on monday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 31, 2007 10:26 am

Man Ure have spent 50 million this week, that is meaning business I suppose if Rafa does not get his own way he may well quit.
But his outburst in the press after the cl final was uncalled for.
If he had have played Crouch we would have won so its his own fault.
And not try to blame his own mistake on the clubs owners and transfer money.
He would have recieved more had we won.

People wont admit it who wear the "IN RAFA WE TRUST SPECS'' but it was Rafas fault we lost that final.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 31, 2007 10:28 am

ah cigs comes in and talks sense, i have tried that one mate, talking sense but didnt seem to work for me, glad you come in with the same thoughts
112-1077774096

Postby redtrader74 » Thu May 31, 2007 10:30 am

Yeah in HINDSIGHT we could all pick a different team.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu May 31, 2007 10:30 am

People wont admit it who wear the "IN RAFA WE TRUST SPECS'' but it was Rafas fault we lost that final.

Yes, for that he won a semi-final. And quarters of final. And Beat Barcelona before that.

To be honest, I'd be a bit worried for LFC, but I'd be very curious to see what happens next. Whatever it happens it's true that LFC was a great club before, and after Rafa, so we could of course move on.

But I think it would be a mistake personally. Anyhow? what's the point? whoever comes, or whoever goes, we'll still be LFC fans. :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 31, 2007 10:36 am

redtrader74 wrote:Yeah in HINDSIGHT we could all pick a different team.

Nothing to do with Hindsight mate, Crouch should have started we would have won simple as that.
The manager is to blame end of.
He got every other game in Europe spot on but in the one that mattered most he fucked up.

Still there is not many teams in the world can boast about getting to 7 European Cup finals is there  :)

Dont know how to quote everyones posts after all these years  :blush:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu May 31, 2007 10:38 am

Ciggy obvously your still hurting over the defeat, either that or your fickle. Because all season you've been telling us how great he is.

Now your saying he's defesive and you wouldnt be bothered if he left, What is that just because we lost the final.

IMO Rafa is right  somebody needs to pull there finger out at the board, Man U have left us standing in the transfer market again. And we're here or MOST of us are worrying about whether the manger should stay or go, instead of transfers.

I've critised Rafa many times this season, and are probably considered one of the more pessimistic ones, but I would  GIVE A $HIT if Rafa left. With after all the work he's done it will go down the tube, and that will probably mean another five years from where we want to be.

I hope this rumour is turd, and some ar.sehole is spreading it around because of the similar circumstances at Valencia,
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Thu May 31, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 31, 2007 10:42 am

peewee wrote:ah cigs comes in and talks sense,

Its the truth its just people dont want to see it, cause most of the time the truth hurts.
It does hurt ofcourse it does it doesnt mean we are doomed though we have been through a lot as Liverpool fans from Heysel to Hillsborough weve seen the lot.
The club will survive no matter what happens we live to fight another day.

The one thing thats kills me about this club at the moment is the lack of passion the players show for it.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 31, 2007 10:46 am

Bamaga man wrote:Ciggy obvously your still hurting over the defeat, either that or your fickle. Because all season you've been telling us how great he is.

Now your saying he's defesive and you wouldnt be bothered if he left, What is that just because we lost the final.

I am still hurt of course I am, but you are wrong calling me fickle because Ive said many a time Rafa is to defensive, And I havent said how great he has been this season atall infact this season has been feckin pathetic apart from Europe.
You must have me mistaken with someone else.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Thu May 31, 2007 10:52 am

Ciggy wrote:
peewee wrote:ah cigs comes in and talks sense,

Its the truth its just people dont want to see it, cause most of the time the truth hurts.
It does hurt ofcourse it does it doesnt mean we are doomed though we have been through a lot as Liverpool fans from Heysel to Hillsborough weve seen the lot.
The club will survive no matter what happens we live to fight another day.

The one thing thats kills me about this club at the moment is the lack of passion the players show for it.

IMHO players are usually a reflection of the manager, who although does not come across as very passionate does seem to have a burning desire and obsession to win.

If we were to lose Rafa we would go backwards and all he work put in so far would more than likely be ripped up by a new manager.

At the present time we can't afford to start again, it would be disasterous, when clubs like Newcastle, Tottenham, WestHam, and ManCity are being given massive funds.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Thu May 31, 2007 10:54 am

nothing to do with hindsight mate.

Go look at the match thread, the day of the game. A majority of us, included me, said Crouch should start. A majority of people were screaming for us to bring crouch on before he finally came on in the 78th minute.

Ciggy's point was merely "If he had have played Crouch we would have won so its his own fault"
Last edited by Redman in wales on Thu May 31, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 31, 2007 10:59 am

"If he had have played Crouch we would have won"

Is that true?

Well Rafa has changed the mentality of people. The mentality of people is getting closer to other teams that want to sack coachs after winning the league title, or want to sack a coach because he didn't win the final.

I'm not talking about Ciggy here, it's true she's been critic with Rafa this season. I'm talking about how much have changed the expectations of the fans under Rafa.

That's a good thing... at some extent.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 31, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 31, 2007 11:04 am

Jezeez H Christ , roll on next season . All the fluff being picked from members belly buttons and proffered as some deep insight is doing my f'ucking head in .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redtrader74 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:07 am

Redman in wales wrote:

nothing to do with hindsight mate.

Go look at the match thread, the day of the game. A majority of us, included me, said Crouch should start. A majority of people were screaming for us to bring crouch on before he finally came on in the 78th minute.

Ciggy's point was merely "If he had have played Crouch we would have won so its his own fault"

Fair enough thats what you may have said, but there were lots of permutations re:the line up. We weren't privy to the reasoning behind the starting line up, but i am sure it was picked because he thought it would win the game.

I really don't know that had Crouch played from the start we would have won, no one can. I too wanted him on before the 78th minute, but i think it was because we had no other option on the bench.

I'm sure that had Crouch started and we still lost, then we would find another reason why Rafa fecked up.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu May 31, 2007 11:08 am

If he was resigning why would he be buying youth players?

If he was resigning SSN would be speculating because a press conference would have been called.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu May 31, 2007 11:10 am

I'll say let's get rid of Rafa and appoint Peewee as manager...he seems to know everything that Rafa clearly don't :D  His recent criticism of Rafa must be a coy plot to ousted him :laugh: :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion