Rafa to resign on monday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:28 am

s@int wrote:Just heard that Rafa has to undergo a spending review investigation. An independant investigation on behalf of Gillett and Hicks to investigate Rafa's success in the transfer market. The likelyhood is that Rafa's budget will be dependent on the result of said investigation.

I can't find the original link but this was in the Independant :-

Something of a novelty at English football clubs, a spending review by the American owners to scrutinise Benitez's transfer record at Liverpool, is to be carried out by an independent body, most likely an accountancy firm. The results are sure to have some bearing on the funds made available to him

You taking the p!ss?!

I can't see how that would be true, would an investigation really take place now? A time when we should be seeking to hone in on our transfer targets and sign them? The timing doesn't fit in. How would they 'investigate' Rafa's success in the transfer market, the performance of players is largely subjective when drawing a conclusion. It doesn't make sense and who would carry out this 'investigation'?

I think it is unlikely, maybe the source would give us more info if you have the link?

A strange one that

:Oo:
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:35 am

independant link

last paragraph in article
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:38 am

I don't see how an accountancy firm can judge Rafa's spending record!
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:42 am

LFC2007 wrote:I don't see how an accountancy firm can judge Rafa's spending record!

Presumably they will just do the maths, you would need a football expert to decide whether they were successful or not, and even then it would be conjecture.

Sounds to me like its a polite way of saying they are checking up on Rafa.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:53 am

I suppose the figures can be analysed, transfers in - transfers out. But the success of those players is largely based on the opinion of whoever conducts the survey. Maybe it's something they do in American sports?

I don't know how that could have a bearing on his future budget and as for the timing, it seems strangely late to be analysing his spending over the past three seasons with the transfer window just opening.

Not to mention how Rafa would feel?

Undermining his judgement perhaps?

And when it comes to buying that one more world class talent we need they say: "sorry Rafa, survey says - Rejected"

Hey!!!!
???
LFC2007

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:22 am

Parry is still in sole charge of transfers until Foster Gillett, son of George, gets his Home Office work permit in August.

How is it that our authorities are so useless that they can't prevent completely desperate Chinese men and women entering the country and wading into their deaths in Morecombe, yet pedantic enough to make the son of a respected business family wait nearly three months before attaining a work permit?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:50 am

So is our club currently reduced to American owners based abroad, leaving just
Parry and Rafa to twiddle their thumbs all Summer waiting for the yanks' go-ahead
on transfers?

Makes you wonder doesn't it?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:10 am

i don't believe this BS...if he's gonna resign he's gonna resign straight away...why 'resign on monday'??
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:29 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:
Parry is still in sole charge of transfers until Foster Gillett, son of George, gets his Home Office work permit in August.

How is it that our authorities are so useless that they can't prevent completely desperate Chinese men and women entering the country and wading into their deaths in Morecombe, yet pedantic enough to make the son of a respected business family wait nearly three months before attaining a work permit?

I can't see why that would stop him being here anyway and overseeing everything, it just means he cannot draw a salary from the club until August.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:55 am

maguskwt wrote:if he's gonna resign he's gonna resign straight away...why 'resign on monday'??

Because he's in Portugal on his hols.
And not back till monday but he wont resign anyway.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:27 am

Not being funny or nothing, but we could of done with these guys when Houllier was on board.  :glare:

If I was investing millions into a club I suppose I'd have someone look at the books, I wouldnt do a Ridsdale and just blow the money. Its sensible from a business point of view, and I wouldnt care if the manager thinks he's being undermined, its not his money so to speak. Also the Yanks probably cant make any judgement on his dealings as they've probably only just got interested in the game, and otherwise would never of watched it, so they can hardly make a sound judgement on players as they probably dont even know the difference between a CB and Striker.

But I dont know how they'll investigate it, and judge the success on his whealing and dealing as to whether its been succesfull or not, obviously the books will tell them only so much, but as for on field performances, who knows. from this story it appears possibly the money isnt just there to be thrown at so to speak.

Thats even if the article is true, but like I said I dont think we'll have anymore money made available for players like we have done any other years when Moores was at the club, thats just my feeling, hope I'm wrong and we can spend big.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:59 am

LFC2007 wrote:
s@int wrote:Just heard that Rafa has to undergo a spending review investigation. An independant investigation on behalf of Gillett and Hicks to investigate Rafa's success in the transfer market. The likelyhood is that Rafa's budget will be dependent on the result of said investigation.

I can't find the original link but this was in the Independant :-

Something of a novelty at English football clubs, a spending review by the American owners to scrutinise Benitez's transfer record at Liverpool, is to be carried out by an independent body, most likely an accountancy firm. The results are sure to have some bearing on the funds made available to him

You taking the p!ss?!

I can't see how that would be true, would an investigation really take place now? A time when we should be seeking to hone in on our transfer targets and sign them? The timing doesn't fit in. How would they 'investigate' Rafa's success in the transfer market, the performance of players is largely subjective when drawing a conclusion. It doesn't make sense and who would carry out this 'investigation'?

I think it is unlikely, maybe the source would give us more info if you have the link?

A strange one that

:Oo:

Loads of bóllocks written in the press. If that is true, it means that "we'll back you" isn't true. If they do an investigation of that nature, what is it for? at the end of the day to limit and find excuses not to deploy the promised money?

The quotes from the Americans and Rafa, and what the press say do not match. And it seems to me the press doesn't want an stablished Liverpool so they try to unsettle the club at all costs.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:03 am

Bamaga man wrote:

Not being funny or nothing, but we could of done with these guys when Houllier was on board.  :glare:

If I was investing millions into a club I suppose I'd have someone look at the books, I wouldnt do a Ridsdale and just blow the money. Its sensible from a business point of view, and I wouldnt care if the manager thinks he's being undermined, its not his money so to speak. Also the Yanks probably cant make any judgement on his dealings as they've probably only just got interested in the game, and otherwise would never of watched it, so they can hardly make a sound judgement on players as they probably dont even know the difference between a CB and Striker.

But I dont know how they'll investigate it, and judge the success on his whealing and dealing as to whether its been succesfull or not, obviously the books will tell them only so much, but as for on field performances, who knows. from this story it appears possibly the money isnt just there to be thrown at so to speak.

Thats even if the article is true, but like I said I dont think we'll have anymore money made available for players like we have done any other years when Moores was at the club, thats just my feeling, hope I'm wrong and we can spend big.

I disagree with your last comment bamaga, The owners already backed rafa to spend big, and hicks had a history of spending big in the U.S.

I don't think we will spend more money than chelsea! but I think we will aquire our top transfer targets with ease because of the money available, and not negotiating or losing a target because of an extra 2m quid.

In conclusion, we won't pay ridiculious money for the likes of etoo, villa, etc... but we will break our transfer record, and will limit our transfer targets, which ranges from 0 - 25m quid.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:17 am

metalhead wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

I disagree with your last comment bamaga, The owners already backed rafa to spend big, and hicks had a history of spending big in the U.S.

I don't think we will spend more money than chelsea! but I think we will aquire our top transfer targets with ease because of the money available, and not negotiating or losing a target because of an extra 2m quid.

In conclusion, we won't pay ridiculious money for the likes of etoo, villa, etc... but we will break our transfer record, and will limit our transfer targets, which ranges from 0 - 25m quid.

I hope your right mate, but to prise Eto away from Barca wont be cheap. None of us know how much Rafas' got to spend, but originally when the Americans first brought the club it was 100 million, now that reality has hit it seems a more feesible fee to believe that he's got around 40 Million. If thats true Eto' would take most of that up leaving little change. I dont even know if Rafa would buy like that.

Its all speculation  :D
66-1112520797

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:22 am

I think its mad to pay 35m for etoo!!! if rafa does that, then he is plain crazy  :D

I dont think we will sign him for this kind of money, I read some rumors that villa might join us for 20m.

Also, if etoo's intention to leave barca for liverpool, then his value would decline! I still dont think etoo is a realistic target for us.

I guess our transfer budget is in the range of 40-50m, which I think its about 20m more than moores used to offer benitez.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion