Rafa to get a 16 million pound contract

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:37 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:These bits are old quotes regurgetated by the s*n so it's bullsh!t ,sh!t stirring.

Rafa: We need rivals to slip up to win title

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has said his side won't win the Premier League title unless rivals slip up.

The Reds haven't won a domestic league title for 19 years and despite currently topping the table with only one defeat in 16 games – their best ever start to a Premier League season – Benitez thinks that they are still relying on their title rivals to slip up.

“For us to win the league we need Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal to mess up and it is rare that three teams all mess up," said the Spaniard.

“So there's no point in waiting for our direct adversaries to slip up because it won't happen.”

The former Valencia boss also drew comparisons between his two title wins with Los Che and the current campaign with Liverpool.

“For me, Valencia and Liverpool are similar - for them to win, the bigger clubs have to do badly.

"When I won La Liga with Valencia that's what happened: Real Madrid and Barcelona were in transition, so it was easier."

These comments come only a day after Benitez expressed his intentions to see his side maintain their lead over Chelsea.

These comments are what he really said , so don't believe what you read.

Speaking to the club’s official website ahead of tomorrow’s game against surprise package Hull City at Anfield, Benitez said:

"We can now concentrate on domestic considerations. We do not want to give up top spot.  We now have almost three months to concentrate on the Premier League, and the FA Cup. We would want to go back into Europe next year still top of the table."

Benitez believes that the reason for their reliance on other teams faltering is down to their rivals’ spending power, stating that they have “greater financial means” than the Mersysiders.

With only a few weeks to go until the transfer window opens, this could be seen as a signal for Liverpool’s American owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillette, to dig deep in order for Benitez to strengthen in January.

Benitez is currently in negotiations with the Anfield board over a new contract and the issue of January’s potential transfer kitty could prove to be an important one, although Benitez has stressed that the length of the contract is the most important.

"The question was about the length of the contract, and after that it was my role. We are talking about more (years) now, and we are happy with the talks.”

isnt that the exact same sht from the post above yours ?!
or am i missing something ?!  :Oo:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:40 pm

aCe' wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:These bits are old quotes regurgetated by the s*n so it's bullsh!t ,sh!t stirring.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has said his side won't win the Premier League title unless rivals slip up.

The Reds haven't won a domestic league title for 19 years and despite currently topping the table with only one defeat in 16 games – their best ever start to a Premier League season – Benitez thinks that they are still relying on their title rivals to slip up.

“For us to win the league we need Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal to mess up and it is rare that three teams all mess up," said the Spaniard.

“So there's no point in waiting for our direct adversaries to slip up because it won't happen.”

The former Valencia boss also drew comparisons between his two title wins with Los Che and the current campaign with Liverpool.

“For me, Valencia and Liverpool are similar - for them to win, the bigger clubs have to do badly.

"When I won La Liga with Valencia that's what happened: Real Madrid and Barcelona were in transition, so it was easier."

These comments come only a day after Benitez expressed his intentions to see his side maintain their lead over Chelsea.

Speaking to the club’s official website ahead of tomorrow’s game against surprise package Hull City at Anfield, Benitez said:

"We can now concentrate on domestic considerations. We do not want to give up top spot.  We now have almost three months to concentrate on the Premier League, and the FA Cup. We would want to go back into Europe next year still top of the table."

Benitez believes that the reason for their reliance on other teams faltering is down to their rivals’ spending power, stating that they have “greater financial means” than the Mersysiders.

With only a few weeks to go until the transfer window opens, this could be seen as a signal for Liverpool’s American owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillette, to dig deep in order for Benitez to strengthen in January.

Benitez is currently in negotiations with the Anfield board over a new contract and the issue of January’s potential transfer kitty could prove to be an important one, although Benitez has stressed that the length of the contract is the most important.

"The question was about the length of the contract, and after that it was my role. We are talking about more (years) now, and we are happy with the talks.”

Forget it !!!!!!! Doesn't matter ,believe what you want.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:41 pm

aCe' wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Excuses coming in early..... :p

Valencia and Liverpool are similar in size ???

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/22292/default.aspx

:no

bigger clubs ?
financial power ?

we'r top of the table so for him to come out and say clearly say that we arent going to win the league this season is an absolute joke of a comment to make, and he wants a new contract because ?!

he obviously believes we cant get as many points as ManUtd, Chelsea and even Arsenal are going to until the end of the season... wonder how the players would react to such comments !!!!

If Beneitz really said that.........he can stick his dirk kuyt up his candy a$$............

He got his his 16 million......so why doesn't he just shut up and do his job......instead of keep blabbering to the press  :angry:

And before the hippies come out....just wanna say....all my above comments are valid only if beneitz has said all that was reported. If the article was fabricated then, hey i am sorry beneitz...  :p
Last edited by The_Rock on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:42 pm

THIS IS WHAT BENITEZ SAID FOR GODS SAKE.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez wants his side to build a lead at the Premier League summit before their Champions League campaign resumes in February.

They lead Chelsea by a point at the top of the table and have qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League.

Benitez said: "We can now concentrate on domestic considerations. We do not want to give up top spot.

"If we are still there when we start up again in Europe, the chances of a really good season will be obvious."

Benitez added ahead of Saturday's Anfield clash with Hull: "We now have almost three months to concentrate on the Premier League, and the FA Cup.

"We would want to go back into Europe next year still top of the table."

Benitez also praised the performance of Brazilian youngster Lucas Leiva, who was outstanding in the Champions League win against PSV Eindhoven in midweek after recently suffering criticism from his own supporters.

He said: "Myself and the staff, as well as his team-mates, know that Lucas is a very good player. He showed that he has character and quality.

"Maybe Lucas has been spurred on by some of the criticism. But this week he has shown he is a good professional.

"His response to questions about his form - and the reaction to him from some fans recently has been very good."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7763481.stm
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:48 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
aCe' wrote:

Forget it !!!!!!! Doesn't matter ,believe what you want.

its not about me believing what i want mate.... its direct quotes cited in more than one source and even the one you put out has the exact same quotes put in a different way.... end of the day for him  to come out and say that Arsenal, ManUtd and Chelsea wont slip from now on while surely we will is outright unacceptable from a manager... mind games or whatever im pretty sure such comments wont sit very well with the players and most fans...

and the whole spending thing is just outright stupid and is getting pretty boring now.... every interview, prematch conference, post-match conference, etc he repeats the same sht.... someone needs to point out that we'v been spending more than those clubs lately so enough with that already !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:THIS IS WHAT BENITEZ SAID FOR GODS SAKE.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez wants his side to build a lead at the Premier League summit before their Champions League campaign resumes in February.

They lead Chelsea by a point at the top of the table and have qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League.

Benitez said: "We can now concentrate on domestic considerations. We do not want to give up top spot.

"If we are still there when we start up again in Europe, the chances of a really good season will be obvious."

Benitez added ahead of Saturday's Anfield clash with Hull: "We now have almost three months to concentrate on the Premier League, and the FA Cup.

"We would want to go back into Europe next year still top of the table."

Benitez also praised the performance of Brazilian youngster Lucas Leiva, who was outstanding in the Champions League win against PSV Eindhoven in midweek after recently suffering criticism from his own supporters.

He said: "Myself and the staff, as well as his team-mates, know that Lucas is a very good player. He showed that he has character and quality.

"Maybe Lucas has been spurred on by some of the criticism. But this week he has shown he is a good professional.

"His response to questions about his form - and the reaction to him from some fans recently has been very good."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7763481.stm

its a different story from the one Rock put out... the other one was from an interview he had today im guessing while the story ur linking is from his prematch conference yesterday i guess....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:06 pm

"The people of Liverpool know they can not trust this newspaper, We do not trust this paper, nodody in Liverpool believes this paper"

He has just said this on SSN.

Well in rafa lad  :buttrock
Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:09 pm

The_Rock wrote:If Beneitz really said that.........he can stick his dirk kuyt up his candy a$$............

He got his his 16 million......so why doesn't he just shut up and do his job......instead of keep blabbering to the press  :angry:

And before the hippies come out....just wanna say....all my above comments are valid only if beneitz has said all that was reported. If the article was fabricated then, hey i am sorry beneitz...  :p

So who do you believe rock Rafa or The Scum?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:16 pm

I trust Rafa, I'm chuffed about his lenghty extension of the contract.

But I think it's fair to say he managed to get a contract that economically in Spain I think he only could dream of in Real Madrid. And even there... I'll do some research about wages of coaches here, but I think Rafa can be very satisfied economically too.

I guess he was the one setting the conditions in this negotiations. I think that should the board had trusted him yesteryear instead of finding alternatives, they would have got a cheaper contract.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:42 pm

JUST FOR YOU TWO GENTLEMEN . ROCK AND ACE .

Rafa Benitez today insisted Liverpool CAN win the Barclays Premier League title.
    A tabloid newspaper this morning ran the headline 'We won't win the title - Rafa'.

The story suggested Benitez had ruled out winning the league because Chelsea, United and Arsenal would not slip up.

But the boss told his weekly press conference: "We are really pleased because we are top and I can guarantee that if we are still top of the table after Christmas we will have a clear chance of winning the title.

"It was an interview with a French journalist and we were talking about tactics. I was really surprised with the story but everyone in Liverpool knows about this newspaper.

"We are at the top of the table because we are doing things better than the others. It is up to us and that is it.

"The players have confidence. Some people say we didn't play well at Blackburn but we had plenty of possession. We had control and opportunities. Against PSV it was the same. The second half was really good with different players, so the squad has confidence and the team has confidence.

"Hull on Saturday will be difficult but if we win we'll have more confidence - and it's the same with all the games.

"We scored three against Blackburn, three against PSV - hopefully if we score goals tomorrow everyone will be happy and saying we can win the league."

Asked if Liverpool had enough experience to win the title, Benitez responded: "The staff here have a lot of experience. Mauricio Pellegrino has won a lot of titles, Sammy Lee has won a lot and me too. We have experience and some of the players do too."

Hull visit Anfield on Saturday sitting in sixth place in the Barclays Premier League having beaten the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal away.

Benitez knows it won't be a walk in the park.

"Geovanni is scoring goals and Marlon King is doing a good job up front, but the team has a good mentality and that's the key," he said.

"Hull have a very good offensive mentality, they're scoring goals. They have won against Arsenal and Tottenham. We know it will be tough, but that's the Premier League. From watching their games, I can understand why they're doing well, so we have to be careful.

"We are doing well at home. Clearly the last two games could have been better, but we can win at home."

Meanwhile, Benitez revealed Fernando Torres was nearing a comeback from his latest hamstring injury - but refused to confirm when the striker would return.

He said: "I was talking with him today and he was much better. We did not talk about how long he'd be out but he's feeling good, a little bit tired because he's been working hard, but good. It could be one or two weeks - but I don't want to put a time on it."

El Nino was today named on the five-man shortlist for FIFA World Player of the Year alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, Xavi, Lionel Messi and Kaka.

For Benitez, Torres should be the one claiming the prize on January 12.

"It's very positive for him and also for us because it means he was doing well," said the boss. "Hopefully he will have a chance because 33 goals and the winning goal in Euro 2008 is really good. I think he's done enough to win it."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N162501081212-1431.htm
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:59 pm

good on ya rafa lad, now back to work and get us another win vs Hull tmrw.

top bloke. :cool:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Nice one Rafa. Good on ya.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby maguskwt » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:25 pm

that's some very blatant :censored: that that rag tried to pull there...  :no ... they should be sued for libel...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Fabulous outcome and well deserved. Rafa Benitez is the best thing to have happend to this club ( management-wise) since the appointment of a certain senor Dalglish. It's not just that he won the biggest prize in club football with a weak team - but that during his tenure continues to build a team with belief, established in no little measure to that incredible night in Istanbul.

For those who expected a title tilt sooner, there can not be one without class, consistency and belief and all these don't just appear, they are acquired; aka Mascarano, Torres, Reina ;leading to consistency of perfromance and belief through having the class of player and the manager to lead.

I believe that this man will lead us to title glory and any Cr.ap attributed to him not believing in us achieving this is utter trash written by the press hell bent on derailing the red machine -Mancshi'te pariah press. Those who have taken it on here to mean the 'truth' - shame on you !

Rafa Benitez, Rafa Benitez rafa rafa Benitez...  :bowdown

More watches for Montse  :buttrock
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:   Rafa Benitez today insisted Liverpool CAN win the Barclays Premier League title.
    A tabloid newspaper this morning ran the headline 'We won't win the title - Rafa'.

Those :censored: of the SUN :angry:
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion