Rafa to get a 16 million pound contract

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:06 pm

If thats what it takes to keep hold of one of the most sought after managers in the European game ,not to mention the most tactically aware manager in world football ,then so be it cheap at the price . :)
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:25 pm

LegBarnes wrote:if he had the money or players ! would he still play as defensive if yes i wouldn't want him to stay , what you think ?

If you have noticed this season, there is a change of style in the way we play, we are very hard to beat, grounding teams down, being patient with the build up, playing possession football its not easy on the eye, some people say we are boring to watch, but so where chelsea under Mourhino and it didnt harm their title credentials any harm either.

Total football doesnt always guarantee tropheys either Arsenal for instance, so you have to say to yourself grind out results if we arnt playing well and get the points or play great attacking football with no rewards at the end of the season.

Look at Everton I hate them yes, but they havent spent a fortune like Newcastle & Spurs yet finished 4th, 5th, 5th, they are cr@p to watch long ball, rough them up yard dog tactics, but the last 3 seasons they have also been hard to beat with the only means & ways Moyes knows.

Its all about points at the end of the day and if ever a saying rang true its I dont care how we play as long as we get 3 points, if we play sh!te from now till the end of the season (we wont like :D) yet reap rewards at the end of it then Rafa will have got it right.

We have also missed out on some players Alves, Simao, SWP before he went to Chelsea, Walcott, Malouda and a few more that we got priced out of, these are players with flair and would have been an improvement on what we had, out of these players Ive named I think only Alves & Simao are our only regrets malouda hasnt exactly pulled up any trees since his arrival to the prem and in hindsight not really a Rafa type player.

We still have a few weak links in the team and if we make improvement in these areas then there is no reason why we cant win everything.
Even though I think our team is boss, and I am made up with our players.

You know sometimes I have a read of the City forum to see what they are saying about Torres, you have to laugh at the players they think they are getting, they have crazy lineups like Kaka, Messi, Aguero, Torres.  But you can have all the players in the world but you have to have a Dirk Kuyt and a Carragher.

Have a look for a laugh :laugh:

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum....507a14e
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:29 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:If thats what it takes to keep hold of one of the most sought after managers in the European game ,not to mention the most tactically aware manager in world football ,then so be it cheap at the price . :)

It looks like the club appreciate his worth - NOW CAN SOME OF THE IDIOTS ON HERE (probably BlueNoses in disguise!) DO THE SAME! Can't remember who it was but one muppet on here referred to Rafa as a clown recently! He is about as far removed from a clown as the poster is from Albert Einstein !!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:37 pm

Ciggy wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:if he had the money or players ! would he still play as defensive if yes i wouldn't want him to stay , what you think ?

If you have noticed this season, there is a change of style in the way we play, we are very hard to beat, grounding teams down, being patient with the build up, playing possession football its not easy on the eye, some people say we are boring to watch, but so where chelsea under Mourhino and it didnt harm their title credentials any harm either.

Total football doesnt always guarantee tropheys either Arsenal for instance, so you have to say to yourself grind out results if we arnt playing well and get the points or play great attacking football with no rewards at the end of the season.

Look at Everton I hate them yes, but they havent spent a fortune like Newcastle & Spurs yet finished 4th, 5th, 5th, they are cr@p to watch long ball, rough them up yard dog tactics, but the last 3 seasons they have also been hard to beat with the only means & ways Moyes knows.

Its all about points at the end of the day and if ever a saying rang true its I dont care how we play as long as we get 3 points, if we play sh!te from now till the end of the season (we wont like :D) yet reap rewards at the end of it then Rafa will have got it right.

We have also missed out on some players Alves, Simao, SWP before he went to Chelsea, Walcott, Malouda and a few more that we got priced out of, these are players with flair and would have been an improvement on what we had, out of these players Ive named I think only Alves & Simao are our only regrets malouda hasnt exactly pulled up any trees since his arrival to the prem and in hindsight not really a Rafa type player.

We still have a few weak links in the team and if we make improvement in these areas then there is no reason why we cant win everything.

You know sometimes I have a read of the City forum to see what they are saying about Torres, you have to laugh at the players they think they are getting, they have crazy lineups like Kaka, Messi, Aguero, Torres.  But you can have all the players in the world but you have to have a Dirk Kuyt and a Carragher.

They live on Button Moon not Blue ,do they grow these posters in a field ,Good post Ciggy   :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:42 pm

devaney wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:If thats what it takes to keep hold of one of the most sought after managers in the European game ,not to mention the most tactically aware manager in world football ,then so be it cheap at the price . :)

It looks like the club appreciate his worth - NOW CAN SOME OF THE IDIOTS ON HERE (probably BlueNoses in disguise!) DO THE SAME! Can't remember who it was but one muppet on here referred to Rafa as a clown recently! He is about as far removed from a clown as the poster is from Albert Einstein !!!!

News flash - Einstein was a Liverpool fan shocker!!  :wwww

Rafa is doing a good job so far this season, I still have a few grumbles but I would with anyone and if you go onto any of the other teams forums they all have  whinge about this and that as well, that is part of being a fan.

I do find it a bit vulgar though that at the same time as people are loosing jobs and businesses are going bust that football still remains in its own hyper inflated wage bubble, sooner or later it will all come crashing down I think.
heimdall

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:49 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Yes I agree ciggy but I just get fustrated with rafa with his line ups some times but o well i started to do this lately and it works a treat I feel as calm as a clam in the sea.

http://www.themeditationpodcast.com/download.php

As for City Mancs o dear they can dream can't they.  :D

As for fella saying about calling people on here bitters get some proof before saying things like that cos as far as i know that is prob the worst insult you can give a liverpool fan its not nice.  :no
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:50 pm

devaney wrote:

yes this idiot don't call people blues unless you want trouble lad.  :no
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:57 pm

LegBarnes wrote:yes this idiot don't call people blues unless you want trouble lad.  :no

why not ? they are bitter, blue waltzer spinners.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Rafa has an ugly style of football but the bottom line is he gets the job done.  He gets on my nerves at times as well but i'm sure every manager does for a group of their fans.  Congratulations to him and like someone else said, the team won't get any worse under Rafa unless something crazy happens.  He'll make us better and if we were to replace him we'd more than likely be in trouble.  I am sure no one on the team would like it.
Zidane

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:59 pm

Ciggy wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:yes this idiot don't call people blues unless you want trouble lad.  :no

why not ? they are bitter, blue waltzer spinners.

No they are but to call a fellow pool fan a bluenose isn't on unless you got proof they are a blue and are WUM. of course.  :)
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:57 pm

Sabre wrote:
GYBS wrote:Reprted that it is until 2013

2013!  :D

It's amazing how a situation can change eh? A 2013 contract scenario some months back would have been dismissed out of hand.

By signing til 2013 he becomes a club asset, vital when trying to sell the club.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:06 pm

Lee J wrote:klinsmen? great . a team full of krouts. :(

Mate I wouldn't mind a few Krauts in our team. Podolski, Gomez, Metzelder  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:24 pm

For what is worth, I understand positions like the one of Conn'o'var.

If, only some months ago you had legitimate doubts about the progress and methods, it's normal that yeat another 5 years seems much.

But I think H&G had two options, accept that length or lose Rafa. They made a mistake with the Klinsmann affaire, things are turned around and Rafa was in a strong position to negotiate. I guess a lenghty contract was his condition.

BTW, the other day in Marca, I read that Rafa wanted to make clear money wasn't the problem, length was. He also said some sort of dig in the lines of "It seems some people want to stir the shít" would be an accurate translation. Do you think he meant the press or Parry?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:38 pm

I think more the press than Parry. Luckily we have GB to set things straight when the papers start yapping too much. Rafa is probably in as strong a position as he has ever been with the yanks in charge. Top of the league and into the last 16 in Europe.

To be honest the whole comment from Rafa about money not being important is very typical of him and I mean that in a good way. If he was after money he could be on a lot more at Madrid but he wants to make sure the board are serious about giving him time to really build a dynasty and spot on too. Sure I have questioned some of his signings and subs but there isnt anyone else I would rather have in charge.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:51 am

I do think rafa has right to demand this he has given alot and his kids are scouse now , So i understand his desire to have a 5 year.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion