Rafa to get a 16 million pound contract

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:04 am

Fo Dne wrote:
RedBen wrote:Journalist: Now, let us talk about something that was in the paper on Friday morning. I think it was you saying you're not going to win the title. Now, I can't believe you said that, so tell us the truth...

The truth is very clear. I was talking with a French journalist and they were surprised, we were surprised, everybody was surprised. The only thing that cannot surprise you is the name of the newspaper so everybody in Liverpool knows about this newspaper and you know you cannot trust them.

From the official site

:laugh: Quality come back!

Likewise. I thought you had better thought out arguments. I guess I was wrong.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:13 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
RedBen wrote:Journalist: Now, let us talk about something that was in the paper on Friday morning. I think it was you saying you're not going to win the title. Now, I can't believe you said that, so tell us the truth...

The truth is very clear. I was talking with a French journalist and they were surprised, we were surprised, everybody was surprised. The only thing that cannot surprise you is the name of the newspaper so everybody in Liverpool knows about this newspaper and you know you cannot trust them.

From the official site

:laugh: Quality come back!

Likewise. I thought you had better thought out arguments. I guess I was wrong.

What are ya on about lad?

Am I not allowed to applaud Rafa now when he says something correct?

It was a good defence to a stupid article. It made me laugh the way he responded. Get off yer high horse ya muppet.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Petar » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:31 pm

hahhaha,people with no character... When we win,I am fool for saying that Rafa should not get new contract. But when we win,noone is sure anymore about him.

Like I said,I would give these players to Gerrard and we would be the champions,cause we are the best team by far in England.

Everyone would put different line up,different subs and we would win that game,simple as that
Petar

Postby Alex G. » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:37 pm

Petar wrote:Like I said,I would give these players to Gerrard and we would be the champions,cause we are the best team by far in England.

We are the best team by far?? Have you seen our wings??
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Ciggy wrote:EXCLUSIVE: RAFA ON THE NIGHT HE WENT THE PUB
Mark Platt 11 March 2005

Rafael Benitez has spoken for the first time about the now legendary night he spent in a German bar with 200 or so Liverpudlians and described it as a 'fantastic experience'.   
The Liverpool boss stunned a pub load of travelling Reds when he popped into Jameson's Irish bar in Cologne city centre the night before the Champions tie against Bayer Leverkusen on Wednesday.

Together with Paco Ayesteran and Alex Miller he left the team hotel with the intention of finding somewhere quiet to watch the second half of the Chelsea v Barcelona game.

But for once he misjudged the situation.

What followed has already passed into folklore, with every Liverpool fan under the sun now claiming to have been there when 'Rafa went the pub to see the lads'.

"It was fantastic. We went out to see the second part of the Chelsea game but we only ended up seeing our supporters," Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv in an exclusive interview at Melwood today.

"The atmosphere was amazing and we could really feel it. Normally we only see or hear them in the stands so it was fantastic to meet them close up.
"I was not expecting there to be so many Liverpool fans in Germany. Just before going into the Irish bar we thought there might be some fans in there but not that many!

"We tried to sneak in without anyone noticing and I said to the first fan 'ssshhhhh ?be quiet', but next thing the whole place erupted and everyone was singing 'Rafa-Rafa-Benitez'.

"I stayed for about 50 minutes but it was impossible to watch the game after that. All the fans gathered around me, singing, shaking my hand and taking photographs with their mobile telephones. I told them to forget about me and watch the game but it was impossible.

"The singing continued all the time I was there. It was great. The fans of this club are totally different to those in Spain. In my third year at Valencia the fans began to sing but here they have been singing since I arrived. They are always singing. And to experience it at close hand in the pub was just fantastic."

So will a tripto the pub now be part of Rafa's regular pre-match routine, especially as it was followed by a memorable win on the pitch?

"Oh no," he laughs. "Normally we will be in the hotel concentrating. It was only because there were important games on the TV and we couldn ?t watch them in the hotel."

The high esteem in which Benitez is held by the Liverpool fans has certainly reached new heights following the midweek trip to Cologne.

But his soaring popularity was best illustrated prior to the Carling Cup Final in Cardiff when a group of supporters paraded through the streets holding a giant framed picture of the 'Rafa-tollah'.

"Yes, I have seen the pictures," he says with a beaming smile across his face. "I must say I was both surprised and impressed.

"It is not normal in Spain, maybe Iran but not Spain! It's a kudos thing and for me as a manager it was fantastic to see the fans showing their support for me in such a way.

"It was just a pity we couldn't have won the final for these supporters and all of our other supporters but I can assure them that we are doing all we can to give them some trophies to celebrate in the future."
:)

thanks for that ciggy, he has my respect, fully deserves this contract i totally agree his love & passion for the club is un-questionable top man raffa, never stop believing!!!!  :bowdown
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:46 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Scandelous , the mans a clown . sack him . Lucky lucky manager.

:D
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Oh [email]cr@p.................[/email] :D

Anyway....i think if the useless owners make a pitch to inter for a one to one exchange with beneitz and mourinho....i think inter might accept. Lets face it beneitz tactics is tailor made for the italian league (neutralise the oppositon until everyone falls asleep....hehe..juz joking) and he is an awesome COACH.

He is also very good in champions league. And inter are really interested in champions league this season.

And then we get the special one....mourinho. This guy has all the attributes to become the best d@mn MANAGER in the world.

Mourinho will  makes us the strongest team in the world.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news....cc=3888

Real happy with Ramos amid Benitez speculation

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has effectively ruled out any move for Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez following the appointment of former Tottenham boss Juande Ramos on an initial six-month contract.

Madrid-born Benitez is reportedly on the brink of signing a new four-year contract with Liverpool which is worth an estimated £16million to the Spaniard.

It will keep Benitez at the club until 2013 and Real, one of the clubs linked with an interest in the Reds boss, put an end to further speculation about his future when Calderon insisted they would prefer to keep Ramos.

Ramos has replaced Bernd Schuster until the end of the season and Calderon, speaking on BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek programme, said: ''We want to see what happens with Ramos and at the end of the season, if everything is okay, and I hope so as he is a good coach, we will see what happens in May or June.

''We had to take this decision very quickly. I had a meeting with Bernd Schuster and he was very disappointed and not excited about keeping his job, so we got in touch with two or three coaches who could come and one of those was Ramos. That is why we did it so quickly.

''Benitez is a very good coach and he was with us as everyone knows. He was training the youth team at Real Madrid. But he is the coach of Liverpool and I am sure he is going to be there for a long time and so he is not an alternative for us.

''We know him very well, he is Spanish and worked with Real Madrid a long time ago. He is a very good coach but I would like to have Juande for longer than six months. So let's hope everything is going to be okay and if it is like that, he will continue with us.

''Ramos won the Carling Cup with Spurs and the UEFA Cup two years in a row with Sevilla. In England, with the problem of the language and different habits, maybe it affected him. But we trust him very much.''

Meanwhile, Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic remains optimistic the two-time reigning Primera Liga champions can still haul themselves back into the title race.

"It seems difficult to pull back 12 points but there are many games left and we are going to recover players," he said.

"In January and February, playing once a week, we will have time to let the players rest and prepare themselves for the league. We cannot, and will never, give up on anything."

Madrid, who have suffered badly with injuries since the start of the season, were without Ruud van Nistelrooy, Mahamadou Diarra, Ruben de la Red, Gabriel Heinze, Miguel Torres, Pepe, Arjen Robben and Marcelo for last night's game due to fitness problems and suspension.

"This team can improve a lot when the injured players return. We have to have more luck than we've had since the start of the season," he added on his club's website.

"I remain optimistic and I know the players can make us proud. They gave everything (against Barca), and losing really hurts. Now we need to prepare for the game against Valencia."
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:36 pm

The_Rock wrote:Oh [email=cr@p.................]cr@p.................[/email] :D

Anyway....i think if the useless owners make a pitch to inter for a one to one exchange with beneitz and mourinho....i think inter might accept. Lets face it beneitz tactics is tailor made for the italian league (neutralise the oppositon until everyone falls asleep....hehe..juz joking) and he is an awesome COACH.

He is also very good in champions league. And inter are really interested in champions league this season.

And then we get the special one....mourinho. This guy has all the attributes to become the best d@mn MANAGER in the world.

Not a clue :no An im being nice just sayin that
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:57 pm

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has effectively ruled out any move for Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez following the appointment of former Tottenham boss Juande Ramos on an initial six-month contract.

Madrid-born Benitez is reportedly on the brink of signing a new four-year contract with Liverpool which is worth an estimated £16million to the Spaniard.

It will keep Benitez at the club until 2013 and Real, one of the clubs linked with an interest in the Reds boss, put an end to further speculation about his future when Calderon insisted they would prefer to keep Ramos.

Ramos has replaced Bernd Schuster until the end of the season and Calderon, speaking on BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek programme, said: ''We want to see what happens with Ramos and at the end of the season, if everything is okay, and I hope so as he is a good coach, we will see what happens in May or June.

''We had to take this decision very quickly. I had a meeting with Bernd Schuster and he was very disappointed and not excited about keeping his job, so we got in touch with two or three coaches who could come and one of those was Ramos. That is why we did it so quickly.

''Benitez is a very good coach and he was with us as everyone knows. He was training the youth team at Real Madrid. But he is the coach of Liverpool and I am sure he is going to be there for a long time and so he is not an alternative for us.

''We know him very well, he is Spanish and worked with Real Madrid a long time ago. He is a very good coach but I would like to have Juande for longer than six months. So let's hope everything is going to be okay and if it is like that, he will continue with us.

''Ramos won the Carling Cup with Spurs and the UEFA Cup two years in a row with Sevilla. In England, with the problem of the language and different habits, maybe it affected him. But we trust him very much.''

Meanwhile, Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic remains optimistic the two-time reigning Primera Liga champions can still haul themselves back into the title race.

"It seems difficult to pull back 12 points but there are many games left and we are going to recover players," he said.

"In January and February, playing once a week, we will have time to let the players rest and prepare themselves for the league. We cannot, and will never, give up on anything."

Madrid, who have suffered badly with injuries since the start of the season, were without Ruud van Nistelrooy, Mahamadou Diarra, Ruben de la Red, Gabriel Heinze, Miguel Torres, Pepe, Arjen Robben and Marcelo for last night's game due to fitness problems and suspension.

"This team can improve a lot when the injured players return. We have to have more luck than we've had since the start of the season," he added on his club's website.

"I remain optimistic and I know the players can make us proud. They gave everything (against Barca), and losing really hurts. Now we need to prepare for the game against Valencia."

What a cock you are, son.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Petar » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:07 pm

Emerald Red wrote:

hahaha,you are :censored:,because you called him ` :censored:`,after he tell his opinion,hahahahaa
Petar

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:43 pm

never mind -_-
SupitsJonF

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:46 pm

Petar wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

hahaha,you are :censored:,because you called him ` :censored:`,after he tell his opinion,hahahahaa

What?  ???
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:56 pm

I think his point is that rather than going for the abuse angle, it might have been better to dispute his points. He is as entitled to his opinion as anyone else after all and there's far too much of it going on each time a dodgy result comes in and someone has the cheek to moan about it. Your disloyal, a c0ck, a dickhead, a w@nkstain or whatever else.

For what it's worth Emerald you made the point somewhere on here this morning that far from being weaker than they were under Mourinho when they won back to back titles, Chelsea have actually strengthened and are better. I think that is an utterly ridiculous statement, but it doesn't mean you are a c0ck.

The reasoning in case anyone is interested is this. Despite Annelka being top of the scoring charts, that Mourinho team had Drogba available to it and at the time he was the best centre forward in the Premiership. That Chelsea team had the best holding midfield player in World football playing every week, this ones got John Obi Michel. That Chelsea team had Arjen Robben and Damien Duff as wide midfielders, and didn't lose a game at Home for three seasons. This one has lost two THIS season. There really is no sensible comparison IMHO, but like I say it's all a matter of opinion.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:58 pm

bigmick wrote:I think his point is that rather than going for the abuse angle, it might have been better to dispute his points. He is as entitled to his opinion as anyone else after all and there's far too much of it going on each time a dodgy result comes in and someone has the cheek to moan about it. Your disloyal, a c0ck, a dickhead, a w@nkstain or whatever else.

For what it's worth Emerald you made the point somewhere on here this morning that far from being weaker than they were under Mourinho when they won back to back titles, Chelsea have actually strengthened and are better. I think that is an utterly ridiculous statement, but it doesn't mean you are a c0ck.

The reasoning in case anyone is interested is this. Despite Annelka being top of the scoring charts, that Mourinho team had Drogba available to it and at the time he was the best centre forward in the Premiership. That Chelsea team had the best holding midfield player in World football playing every week, this ones got John Obi Michel. That Chelsea team had Arjen Robben and Damien Duff as wide midfielders, and didn't lose a game at Home for three seasons. This one has lost two THIS season. There really is no sensible comparison IMHO, but like I say it's all a matter of opinion.

You think I called him that based on that "opinion"?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:24 am

I can´t understand how any people want Mourinho as manager. He insulted and offended our club several times. His manners are incompatible with the "Liverpool way". He´s an arrogant, provocative and a portuguese clown. Eternal enemy, like Ferguson.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion