Rafa to get a 16 million pound contract

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:14 am

lakes10 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:that's some very blatant :censored: that that rag tried to pull there...  :no ... they should be sued for libel...

well going by radio 5 , they  (the S*n have it on tape of him say this :censored:.

Lakes what is wrong with you? FFS its bad enough that most of the media hate Rafa without some of our so-called fans jumping on the bandwagon.

So feckin what that the scum have the transcipts of the interview he gave to some french reporter, he did not speak to them.

If he is playing our chances down its for fans to get off the players backs and he is protecting them and rightly so after the boo boys antics over recent weeks.

This man is Liverpool through and through and deserves all of our respect, he only has our interests at heart as does his wife.
I think even if we win the title some will moan that we didnt play well along the way, some people are never happy.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:22 am

EXCLUSIVE: RAFA ON THE NIGHT HE WENT THE PUB
Mark Platt 11 March 2005

Rafael Benitez has spoken for the first time about the now legendary night he spent in a German bar with 200 or so Liverpudlians and described it as a 'fantastic experience'.   
The Liverpool boss stunned a pub load of travelling Reds when he popped into Jameson's Irish bar in Cologne city centre the night before the Champions tie against Bayer Leverkusen on Wednesday.

Together with Paco Ayesteran and Alex Miller he left the team hotel with the intention of finding somewhere quiet to watch the second half of the Chelsea v Barcelona game.

But for once he misjudged the situation.

What followed has already passed into folklore, with every Liverpool fan under the sun now claiming to have been there when 'Rafa went the pub to see the lads'.

"It was fantastic. We went out to see the second part of the Chelsea game but we only ended up seeing our supporters," Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv in an exclusive interview at Melwood today.

"The atmosphere was amazing and we could really feel it. Normally we only see or hear them in the stands so it was fantastic to meet them close up.
"I was not expecting there to be so many Liverpool fans in Germany. Just before going into the Irish bar we thought there might be some fans in there but not that many!

"We tried to sneak in without anyone noticing and I said to the first fan 'ssshhhhh ?be quiet', but next thing the whole place erupted and everyone was singing 'Rafa-Rafa-Benitez'.

"I stayed for about 50 minutes but it was impossible to watch the game after that. All the fans gathered around me, singing, shaking my hand and taking photographs with their mobile telephones. I told them to forget about me and watch the game but it was impossible.

"The singing continued all the time I was there. It was great. The fans of this club are totally different to those in Spain. In my third year at Valencia the fans began to sing but here they have been singing since I arrived. They are always singing. And to experience it at close hand in the pub was just fantastic."

So will a tripto the pub now be part of Rafa's regular pre-match routine, especially as it was followed by a memorable win on the pitch?

"Oh no," he laughs. "Normally we will be in the hotel concentrating. It was only because there were important games on the TV and we couldn ?t watch them in the hotel."

The high esteem in which Benitez is held by the Liverpool fans has certainly reached new heights following the midweek trip to Cologne.

But his soaring popularity was best illustrated prior to the Carling Cup Final in Cardiff when a group of supporters paraded through the streets holding a giant framed picture of the 'Rafa-tollah'.

"Yes, I have seen the pictures," he says with a beaming smile across his face. "I must say I was both surprised and impressed.

"It is not normal in Spain, maybe Iran but not Spain! It's a kudos thing and for me as a manager it was fantastic to see the fans showing their support for me in such a way.

"It was just a pity we couldn't have won the final for these supporters and all of our other supporters but I can assure them that we are doing all we can to give them some trophies to celebrate in the future."
:)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:26 am

Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:that's some very blatant :censored: that that rag tried to pull there...  :no ... they should be sued for libel...

well going by radio 5 , they  (the S*n have it on tape of him say this :censored:.

Lakes what is wrong with you? FFS its bad enough that most of the media hate Rafa without some of our so-called fans jumping on the bandwagon.

So feckin what that the scum have the transcipts of the interview he gave to some french reporter, he did not speak to them.

If he is playing our chances down its for fans to get off the players backs and he is protecting them and rightly so after the boo boys antics over recent weeks.

This man is Liverpool through and through and deserves all of our respect, he only has our interests at heart as does his wife.
I think even if we win the title some will moan that we didnt play well along the way, some people are never happy.

no you took my posts the wrong way, i was just saying that you can hear it on radio 5 live and you can see how what he said had been taken out of context.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:18 pm

That paper will stoop to the very low just to mess things up for us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Journalist: Now, let us talk about something that was in the paper on Friday morning. I think it was you saying you're not going to win the title. Now, I can't believe you said that, so tell us the truth...

The truth is very clear. I was talking with a French journalist and they were surprised, we were surprised, everybody was surprised. The only thing that cannot surprise you is the name of the newspaper so everybody in Liverpool knows about this newspaper and you know you cannot trust them.

From the official site
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:14 pm

Where are all the hippies with their sarcastic remarks ?  :p

:cool:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:09 am

The biggest mistake this club will make!
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:15 am

contract should be offered end of the season. see if we have progressed or not
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:16 am

Fo Dne wrote:The biggest mistake this club will make!

Ill advised I'll grant you but certainly not the greatest mistake...

That honour belongs to selling our souls to G & H.
ConnO'var

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:40 am

ConnO'var wrote:

Very true. To be fair I never really get involved with money talk and owner talk an allt that bollox so ya probably right!

In footballing terms... one of the biggest!
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:44 am

Fo Dne wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:

Very true. To be fair I never really get involved with money talk and owner talk an allt that bollox so ya probably right!

Unfortunately, I concur.

An excellent coach but with limitations as the complete package required to make an excellent manager.
ConnO'var

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:16 am

ConnO'var wrote:Unfortunately, I concur.

An excellent coach but with limitations as the complete package required to make an excellent manager.

Me too. When saint asked the question a while back about rafa, I voted for letting him see his contract through. By offering him a contract at this stage of the season, 2 things are happening:

1) The yanks are showing there lack of experience of the premiership

2) Rafa can mess about with the hearts of the players and supporters all he likes.

Even the press have no idea what he is going to do before a match and during. It is no longer clever to keep everyone in the dark, it just leaves us all constantly wondering, "what is going on in there?"

Sometimes it works, and rafa looks like a genius, MANY times it doesnt, and makes rafa look foolish.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:54 am

Ciggy wrote:This man is Liverpool through and through and deserves all of our respect, he only has our interests at heart as does his wife.

:laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:57 am

RedBen wrote:Journalist: Now, let us talk about something that was in the paper on Friday morning. I think it was you saying you're not going to win the title. Now, I can't believe you said that, so tell us the truth...

The truth is very clear. I was talking with a French journalist and they were surprised, we were surprised, everybody was surprised. The only thing that cannot surprise you is the name of the newspaper so everybody in Liverpool knows about this newspaper and you know you cannot trust them.

From the official site

:laugh: Quality come back!
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:01 am

ConnO'var wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:

Unfortunately, I concur.

My thoughts exactly
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion