Rafa support poll

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Why sign maxi in january than a striker ?

Disregarding everything else you said as it cant be proved one way or the other.

Btw i think Johnson is a top player, but if money was that tight then perhaps he could have signed a cheaper alternative and brought another body in to boost the woeful striking options.

Its indefensible to me mate.

But Ben ,he's been accused in the past by alot on here (not saying you mate ) for buying the cheaper option and not spending on supposed quality . You can't have it both ways.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:22 pm

He signed a right midfielder when we were imo desperate for a striker and then plays him on the left  ???

Baffles me even more mate.

I also think Maxi will prove to be a decent player, i just think he doesnt identify the weaker areas of the squad and prioritise them.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:He signed a right midfielder when we were imo desperate for a striker and then plays him on the left  ???

I also think Maxi will prove to be a decent player, i just think he doesnt identify the weaker areas of the squad and prioritise them.

I don't know of any striker that's better than what we have , which isn't saying much i know .That he could have signed on a free .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:He signed a right midfielder when we were imo desperate for a striker and then plays him on the left  ???

would a january striker worth 0m quid be worth it?

No, imo. not with torres returning, kuyt, gerrard and ngog in the sqaud and jovanovic coming in the summer

we know from experience how hard it is to get rid of freebie strikers once you have them
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Avi Cohen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 pm

I don't think Rafa's priorities lie with strikers. We play one up front regardless of who we're playing - that doesn't sound to me like a manager who is keen to score a lot of goals. We're set up not to concede and then maybe snatch one.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby DrPepe » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:34 pm

Avi Cohen wrote:I don't think Rafa's priorities lie with strikers. We play one up front regardless of who we're playing - that doesn't sound to me like a manager who is keen to score a lot of goals. We're set up not to concede and then maybe snatch one.

well that wasn't working for the first half of this season for sure...  :D

averaging 2 goals / game , but shipping about 1.5 goals/game isn't a recipe for success

the last 9 games since then have seen us ship only 2 goals, now with the return of torres, bennyuoun would be nice to see us rack up the GF column a bit
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:38 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
heimdall wrote:So it seems that most people want rid now, good to see sanity returning to the forum.  :D

I must be off me rocker then

That's you and me Nan with our reservations for Turners Home  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
heimdall wrote:So it seems that most people want rid now, good to see sanity returning to the forum.  :D

oh are you 2 coming to see me then  :D
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:

I don't know of any striker that's better than what we have , which isn't saying much i know .That he could have signed on a free .

I think donovan that everton got and gudjohnson are both comfortably better and thats just off the top of my head.

A certain Robbie Keane also went on loan  :D

Also Mido is better who West Ham signed on loan i think.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby DrPepe » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:45 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

I think donovan that everton got and gudjohnson are both comfortably better and thats just off the top of my head.

A certain Robbie Keane also went on loan  :D

Also Mido is better who West Ham signed on loan i think.

aye mate but gudjonsen is getting (quoted) 100k+ a week and his record even in title winning teams at chelsea / barca is far inferior to kuyt!

mido   :idea  interesting ....

Donovan is a fair point (possibly) as he has a bit more energy about him - but i'm not a big fan, he has a shocking record outside the states
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:46 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

:D We are Fella ,hope the nurses have emptied your bucket this time    :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:48 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

:D We are Fella ,hope the nurses have emptied your bucket this time    :D

no fear i have paid my fees this month  :laugh:  :laugh:
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:55 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:no fear i have paid my fees this month  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh: You weren't to know it was a Laundry basket it looked just like a commode    :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:57 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:no fear i have paid my fees this month  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh: You weren't to know it was a Laundry basket it looked just like a commode    :D

:D  :D
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:57 pm

heimdall wrote:You were indicating that Jovanovitch would turn our fortunes around and I am simply stating that that was what Aquaman was supposed to do and hasn't.

BTW £20 million+ on Aquaman and £18 million on Johnson are not exactly peanuts.

Er no I didnt. I said a few more players of his ilk and we`ll not have a bad a season next year not we`ve signed this guy so alls good.
I was asked why we didnt bring in a striker in jan and I answered as best I could, I dont see why your bringing Aquilani and Johnson into it.
You cant discuss this wthout the gaol posts being constantly moved it seems.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion