Rafa support poll

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KOPMATT » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Well Red wrote:okay I'm very begrudgingly throwing my hat into the ring and announce that I'm joining the RAFA MUST GO boys.

I'm sorry Rafa, because you are quality no doubt, and you've won a couple of things with us and given us some great nights... but, like Riise and Garcia and surely Kuyt at some point, trying hard sometimes isn't good enough for Liverpool Football Club. You've taken us somewhere, like Houllier did, but you're not taking us somewhere anymore. Please go :(

For ages now i've supported Rafa and thought we would come out at some stage fighting. However we've done nothing of the sort and the only decent performance for me since the ManUre game was away to Villa where IMO felt we deserved the win.
I really now feel tho that Rafa has to go! The purchases he's made regardless of financial restraints are just not good enough.
I'm sorry but this isn't a knee jerk reaction, half the season over and basically our season is already over!
KOPMATT

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:06 pm

s@int wrote:[ we need a new General if we are going to win the war.

or more impotantly win a game!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby pop_gun » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:12 am

I want benitez gone. i know at the end of this season i'll get my wish. i just hope the owners are being advised to go for hinddink (probably not available at any price), lauren blanc or avram grant. i must be one of the few supporters who feels the viability of the club's finances comes before any other consideration. with that being said i'm all in favour of selling some of our assets (torres £40m, gerrard £15 - £20m, johnson £12m). the sale of those players would mean a saving of £12m a season on wages till we can find cheaper alternatives. the money should be used to lower the crippling 391m debt.
it's this scenario or gillett and hicks will find themselves having to sell the club at a massive loss.
pop_gun

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:16 am

pop_gun wrote:I want benitez gone. i know at the end of this season i'll get my wish. i just hope the owners are being advised to go for hinddink (probably not available at any price), lauren blanc or avram grant. i must be one of the few supporters who feels the viability of the club's finances comes before any other consideration. with that being said i'm all in favour of selling some of our assets (torres £40m, gerrard £15 - £20m, johnson £12m). the sale of those players would mean a saving of £12m a season on wages till we can find cheaper alternatives. the money should be used to lower the crippling 391m debt.
it's this scenario or gillett and hicks will find themselves having to sell the club at a massive loss.

You can suck my cheeser! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pop_gun » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:20 am

Number 9 wrote:
pop_gun wrote:I want benitez gone. i know at the end of this season i'll get my wish. i just hope the owners are being advised to go for hinddink (probably not available at any price), lauren blanc or avram grant. i must be one of the few supporters who feels the viability of the club's finances comes before any other consideration. with that being said i'm all in favour of selling some of our assets (torres £40m, gerrard £15 - £20m, johnson £12m). the sale of those players would mean a saving of £12m a season on wages till we can find cheaper alternatives. the money should be used to lower the crippling 391m debt.

einstein has nothing on u  :;):
pop_gun

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:23 am

pop_gun wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

einstein has nothing on u  :;):

:D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:27 am

Gerrard 15 million? Are you taking the p!ss? Sell 3 of our best players to get the wage bill down? 40 million for Torres the best striker in the world hahaha.
Are you here on a wind up?

And just to correct you our debt stands at 237 million. not 391 million get your facts right before posting more sh!te.
Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:44 am

You've gotta be a bitter or a Manc.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:59 am

made in UK wrote:

You've gotta be a bitter or a Manc.

Or Tom Hicks junior
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby JohnBull » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:04 am

If we were anywhere near our normal standard, the debt would not be a problem. I'd be more worried if I was a Manc considering their debt.
I don't think that the blame can be placed solely on the Yanks. After 5 years we should be producing some home-grown talent and screaming for zillions of pounds to buy super stars is not The Liverpool Way.
For too long we've lost our direction and we do not need another manager who has to go through a learning curve to realise that The Premiership is different from every other league.
We need a steady hand on the tiller now and we do not need truck loads of foriegn super stars draining the resources we've got.
The post Houllier period was similar but it's proved a bridge too far for Raffa and we are no further on from the Souey/Evans mess.
Purslow seems to be a good move, it's a shame that Parry got away with it for so long. The Yanks are no better or worse than Moore to my way of thinking.They are after what they can get in their pockets and the club is never going to be top of their priorities.
We have got to get back to the team ethic with a reserve side who are ready and able to cover injuries. We must have consistency and getting the defence working together is the first priority. Forget about super strikers - every great side starts with a great defence. That is more important than anything.
Today is very similar to when we lost to Watford and Shanks made the BIG clear out. Unfortunately Raffa is NO Shankly.
A bleak couple of years on the way !
Last edited by JohnBull on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:35 pm

You must have mistyped your site's address. It must be www.redcafe.ck.off or something..
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:35 pm

TheLad wrote:Feck off with your posts.

haha first time Ive smiled in the last 24 hours :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby loke » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:36 pm

TheLad wrote:Feck off with your posts.

Good contribution, well done  :no
loke

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:48 pm

I want him to go, the plain simple matter is we've not only stopped making progress since last season, we've slammed it in reverse in spectacular fashion. I'm definitley thankful for the work Rafa's done, I'm not kicking and screaming and throwing abuse around cos I want him gone, it'll be a sad day the day he does eventually leave because he got us at a higher level and made dreaming about the title a little more realistic than it had been previously. It's just a bridge too far for Rafa thats all.

I like to consider myself more of an anti anti than anything else :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:02 pm

JohnBull wrote:If we were anywhere near our normal standard, the debt would not be a problem. I'd be more worried if I was a Manc considering their debt.
I don't think that the blame can be placed solely on the Yanks. After 5 years we should be producing some home-grown talent and screaming for zillions of pounds to buy super stars is not The Liverpool Way.
For too long we've lost our direction and we do not need another manager who has to go through a learning curve to realise that The Premiership is different from every other league.
We need a steady hand on the tiller now and we do not need truck loads of foriegn super stars draining the resources we've got.
The post Houllier period was similar but it's proved a bridge too far for Raffa and we are no further on from the Souey/Evans mess.
Purslow seems to be a good move, it's a shame that Parry got away with it for so long. The Yanks are no better or worse than Moore to my way of thinking.They are after what they can get in their pockets and the club is never going to be top of their priorities.
We have got to get back to the team ethic with a reserve side who are ready and able to cover injuries. We must have consistency and getting the defence working together is the first priority. Forget about super strikers - every great side starts with a great defence. That is more important than anything.
Today is very similar to when we lost to Watford and Shanks made the BIG clear out. Unfortunately Raffa is NO Shankly.
A bleak couple of years on the way !

Some good old-school thinking that unfortunately we are bereft of at the minute.

At least Evans had the creative likes of McManaman, Fowler which cost the club nothing. It's just unfortunate that players like these don't come round very often and i am encouraged though that the academy has been restructured to encourage the talented youngsters we get to flourish and not to fall by the way-side.

However, whether rafa is going to give them a 'run' in the side, not a cameo here or there because that does nothing for a player's development or confidence is another question all together.

Gerrard, Torres being out is not a great thing but a necessary evil I'm afraid because they have been carrying little niggles for too long and they are going to be needed during the 'top 4' run-in if we're in the mix. Another positive is an excuse to get these youth players a 'RUN' in the side
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion