Rafa signs new contact - Exclusive!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:36 am

GYBS wrote:And he will almost certainly now make another bid this summer to bring Aston Villa's Gareth Barry to Liverpool, having failed to sign the England midfielder last summer after weeks of acrimony with Villa chief Martin O'Neill.

This part is interesting. Is this informed or just a guess as now he has more control over transfers? Id like Barry at this club, but not at the expense of Xabi.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:38 am

More of a guess mate and speculation becuase Rafa went for him last summer - he more than likely i hope changed his mind due to Xabis superb form this season
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:40 am

Then again if we get rid of Lucas then that would free up space, not to mention Barry can play on the left. Anyway I don't want to turn this into a Barry thread.

Made up for Rafa. Roll on Friday....

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 am

Is Barry out of contract in the summer? (lose track of who is, who isn't etc, pretty sure Owen is if not Barry) If so then maybe Rafa won't need to sell Alonso to fund the Barry transfer.....................................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:46 am

Not sure but I think he could be or even could be in his last year. Before it all died down (before we bought Keane) a lot of people were saying if he waited till the summer he could come to us for less than half of what MON was asking - something silly like 2m I think. I could be wrong though. But even MON said that was a risk he was willing to take. Anyway hopefully we will beat Villa on the weekend.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:48 am

He will start his final year of contract next season . still think we should be looking for better players than barry but it all depends on what sort of money rafa will get during the summer
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:48 am

bavlondon wrote:Then again if we get rid of Lucas then that would free up space, not to mention Barry can play on the left. Anyway I don't want to turn this into a Barry thread.

Made up for Rafa. Roll on Friday....

Who the hell would take Lucas off us ???
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:52 am

Hopefully someone from Italy or Spain. :D In France he would be great imo as the quality is not so high as here so he would come across as a better player. :laugh:

Anyway Rafa has surley already made up his mind about Lucas. He is so :censored:, a liability every time he plays.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:57 am

Without it turning into a lucas thread - he didnt seem a liabilty on sat , even more so when he was involved in the vidic sending off . Lucas is another player who seems to be playing better lately along with dossena,yossi
Last edited by GYBS on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:59 am

Still if it came to someone in the midfield having to make way for someone new (for example Barry) Lucas would come to mind first.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:15 am

Yeah but would barry come to be 4th choice ? and at his age when he is nearing 30 ? cant see the positive of swapping the two .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:26 pm

GYBS wrote:Read my post Heimdall and you will see that i said that the players should also take some of the blame AS WELL AS rafa . :O

Ah ok, damn it, I'm guilty of doing the same as you always do, reading half the post and then jumping to a conclusion. Apologies.
heimdall

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:27 pm

heimdall wrote:
GYBS wrote:Read my post Heimdall and you will see that i said that the players should also take some of the blame AS WELL AS rafa . :O

Ah ok, damn it, I'm guilty of doing the same as you always do, reading half the post and then jumping to a conclusion. Apologies.

ok who are you and what have you done with heimdall  :laugh:
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:30 pm

heimdall wrote:

:bowdown
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:31 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:
heimdall wrote:

ok who are you and what have you done with heimdall  :laugh:

LOL  :D
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion