Rafa's ultimate goal scorer - Maybe lando has a point

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:25 am

Think how your attitude would be when you're scoring goals, but continually coming on as a replacement, while a forward who isn't scoring is always starting. Doesn't do much for your morale does it?

I think Cisse's attitude is as a result of Crouch being given a LOT of chances. I know he brings a lot more to the team, but Cisse who would think of Crouch as a fellow forward would probably get discouraged. Morientes frustrates me, I know his potential but he just doesn't execute. He can't play as a lone striker or with Crouch (who already provides aerial ability), so what do we do with him?

Is it worth pairing him with Sinama-Pongolle?
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:46 am

Garcia is like Smicer? You must be joking.

Throughout my time as Liverpool supporter, there are only 2 Liverpool players I have ever come close to hating because they never try anywhere hard enough and never shopwn enough passion to don the famous red jersey. One of them is Smicer, cr@p, on too high wages that Rafa couldn't get him sold when the Saints (if I am not mistaken) wanted to pay 1.5 million but could not afford his wages.

He started far too often under Houllier who claimed he "can provide that special something" and has rhe ability to "put you on ther edge of your seat" - I have never seen any of that. That second goal in Istanbul was far too long overdue to Liverpool and their fans.

The other player I almost despise is still in the squad. Utter cr@p despite having silky skills (so-to-speak) but have such a tiny heart that he is a waste of space. I can tolerate the average joes - the Mike Marshes, the Don Hutchisons etc. - because they had always tried and played with passion to overcome their modest abilities, but these two - Smicer and that other cr@p still in the squad - makes my blood boil everytime I see them play :angry:
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:59 am

Kewell v Garcia? Some people on here who are posting up such nonsense maybe trying to live up to their forum name I think. Just as an aside, it'd be really interesting if one day Rafa had an abhoration and stuck Luis on the transfer list. Who in the Prem do you think would have him? It might be quicker to ask who you don't think would have him. We're talking about a bloke here who scores well into double figures from wide midfield, and will do every year barring injury.
My notion is that everybody with the possible and not definate exception of Chelsea would have him and would be happy to go to 10 mill' for his services. I reckon Arsenal and Manure would both kill to have him in their squads. If Spain go well in the World Cup and Garcia shines, don't be surprised to see the big guns in Europe coming in for him over the Summer.
I do wonder sometimes about some members of this forum. I appreciate that football is a game of opinions and that everybody is entitled to theirs, but what we have here is a superb player who is an out and out matchwinner. He plays for us regularly, and regularly does the business. Members just need to open their eyes and look. If you don't like the player, look at the stats. It's as lain as the nose on your face.
Kewell is improving but do me a favour. When he starts scoring 15 goals a season including becoming our top scorer in history in the Champions League, then we can start making comparisons.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:02 pm

Sabre wrote:Thing is that there as many different 4 4 2 systems as Hustler replicas. In a Stadium football is seen very well. When the keeper kicks from goal kick, you can see how the "4 4 2" narrows a lot, and all the eleven players are all together. There are 4 4 2 systems, that become a 6 3 1 while defending, others remain 5 4 1, so it all depends. Garcia might start in the right but does a lot forward runs, just as important as this runs, is to have Alonso covering the gap of the right, or Finnan covering Luis Garcia's back. That kind of coordination and work is far more important than names like 442 or rigid Striker / Midfielder /DEfender definitions.

I don't know iif I expressed well my point.

Sabre my friend you expressed your point superbly. You are the forums Alonso and we are fortunate to have you in our midst. Happy crimbo' mate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:04 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Garcia? he's always played well for us and he's getting better due to the gact he doesn't get muscled off the ball as much now and he's used to the pace of the EPL 

Bro, yes he played well , yes he score goal ... but there's one or two things that I don't like ..... Most of the time he will lose the ball .... maybe he try to play like maradona ....he need to played simple football ...infact HK play better now days ...

You're having a laugh mate, he turned that game against boro we he came on, they couldn't handle him and he was unlucky against sp.

Kewell has had one good game since coming back and hasn't set up or scored any goals, he may come good yet in which case we should hang on to him, these games over christmas will be a test.

Crouch isn't a goalscorer, his job is to hold up posession and bring others into play, which he does well, Cisse hasn't played a lot but still he hasn't really adapted to the english game and he hasn't displayed all that much in front of goal or in the buildup, the goals he got at the start of the season were against limited opposition.
AlanHansen

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:05 pm

Not only the premier, the liga would also be interested, now even more he's made tougher in the premiere. He's an Spanish international, and my Squad is better from the keeper to the striker compared to Kewell's one. I like Australia, I have made many friends from there, they're nice people. And I appreciate their entusiasm of their growing football, but come on :) Enough is enough. Sorry for this.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:09 pm

those were harsh comments azriahmad
i only ment that I think garcia is a good player but wish he could do it week in week out
which i think he has the potential to do

and when i say smicer and garcia
i'm only saying that smicer was so hot and cold with the way he played
but garcia has far more talent
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:42 pm

LOL @ Liverpoolmadman

Prefer Harry over Garcia? are you SERIOUS??   

Nah not possible   

Frankly I like Harry .... He almost got the penalty for us in the last match ... As for Garcia, I like him too but he need to keep the ball more than to lose the ball and he also need to play simple football, NOT "fancy" football...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby azriahmad » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:45 pm

OK, fair comments Dav, that's your opinion.

I don't know why so many think so negatively of Garcia. Sure, Garcia can lose the ball for us time and again, but he makes up so much by his efforts, his application of his abilities and his goals. Most of all, it is so heartening to see Garcia, a wee Spanish guy who is not the strongest in the world, doing his bit by tracking back and actually tackling. On some occassions, he did manage to nick the ball of his opponents. This season, he has improved a lot on his other contributions.

Garcia gets too much stick, the press said that "he loses possession too much" in the same match they praised Kewell for one shot which was saved by the Brazillian 'keeper. One shot in a game and next to nothing else. Big deal. I was almost outraged when I saw this pr!ck's name in the starting line-up against Sao Paulo. "WTF was Rafa thinking?" but then, he's the boss, not me.

My view is that Smicer only came to Liverpool because he was from Houllier's previous club. And then, he started way too many timed without contributing anything. He lost possession, he passed astray, he caused moves to break down so many times, I lost count. In fact, I lose faith and hope everytime he got passes. It was similar with Glenn Hoddle's obsession with Spurs players when he was the England manager, most notably sicknote Darren Anderton.

I have been a Liverpool fan since 1975. I support and applaud players who, no matter how modest the talent, gives his all when he plays for us no matter if we win or loses. I was so happy Smicer left but I'm still very upset everytime I think of the 65,000 pounds per week this pr!ck collects every week for doing next to nothing for us.

Rafa has put a lot of faith in this tiny hearted cr@p that I hope that he does deliver 50% of what Rafa expects, because he owes it to Liverpool and their fans.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:49 pm

You know what guys ??? We all talking and HK, LG and Smicer... but I miss Zendan ...:D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:47 am

DAV wrote:I must say i disagree with parts of what were said.
The post is from a cisse basher and a crouch fan, just trying to be clever the way its wrote.
I'm not saying Cisse is the best out their but he's the best we have for pace and goals.Yes his attitude sucks. But maybe thats because he hardly ever gets a chance
The stats show he's the best we have.

With the exception of Chelsea (who do have alot of attacking quality but no big goal scorer as of yet, as Drogba and Crespo score but nothing over the top) last year, I cannot think of hardly any team in any country who wins a league with out at least 1 top scoring proven striker.
AC Millan-Schevchenko
Liverpool-Rush and Aldridge whilst he was with us
Real Madrid-Ronaldo
Bareclona-Etoo and even though not an out and out striker Ronaldinho
the list is endless

So yes we do get alot of goal from other areas but I don't think Crouch is a man I would want leading my attack, in search of the title.
But then again thats my opinion and I like to see a team with a, out and out goal scorer.
But I faith in our manager

I prefer to see it as an observation rather than a judgement, Dav.

I admit I don't like Cisse, but no-one on here can argue that  Cisse tries his hardest, or that he works for the team.

Crouch - complete opposite.

I like players with the right attitude.

BTW - Luis Garcia was bought to do "fancy flicks", etc. He is a flair player who brings the unexpected to our team. (As someone said - "The X-Factor").
He concedes possession too much, but the added dimension his abilities give us far outweigh that.
Taking Garcia out of the side would take around 30% of the teams creativity away.
That's a hell of a lot for one player. He's irreplacable for less than £15-20m. Not even Aimar could hack the Premiership IMO.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:14 am

Well those who have forgoten what Garcia did last season need a quick reminder.

Scored 8 goals in his first season in the Premiership, playing as a winger. Not many wingers scored 8 goals last season in the Premiership.

He scored 13 overall in 43 games. 5 in the Champions League which were crucial to our success in Europe.

He's a match winner.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:00 am

Well those who have forgoten what Garcia did last season need a quick reminder. Scored 8 goals in his first season in the Premiership, playing as a winger. Not many wingers scored 8 goals last season in the Premiership. He scored 13 overall in 43 games. 5 in the Champions League which were crucial to our success in Europe. He's a match winner.

Agree but he can be better player if he keep the ball more than "lose" the ball .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby redmikey » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:35 am

[quote]Garcia? he's always played well for us and he's getting better due to the gact he doesn't get muscled off the ball as much now and he's used to the pace of the EPL   

maybe just maybe could you say that in the prem this year! he is tackling back far more (same as alonso) he is far more on the pace in the EPL . ok he gets right on my t#ts when he gives the ball away , but in the champions league what a player and people want to sell him on here . do me a favour!!!!!!!!!    sell cissie no first touch no skill.. lots of heart which is great. lots of pace which on paper is good but if all you do is run and hammer it as hard at the keeper not much use.  bye bye lord cissie the hair dresser will miss you
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:45 am

i think a lot of peopel arent thinking things through before they type on here.
garcia Vs Kewell, id liek to keep both.

Garcia loses the ball, its true, hes a rpetty weak player when it comes to defending. sometimes going forwards he can be awful too.
but he sdcored a goal last seasno against some italian club in this leage of europe thing we were in last eyar, anyone rememeber that one anyone? (sarc)
Garcia is more of a flair plaeyr, and we need that. its nice to have workhorses but i like to be dazzled sometimes and garcia can tun it on, and when he does it is a sight to see.

Now Kewell. Hes been woeful. hes also been injured. Rememebr the first 4-6 months he was with us before his injury? the guy was showing what he can do. Now all that most of you look at is his wage packet. Forget money, money is nothing, watch the form. Since coming back from another injury setback hes been goo, maybe even betetr than good. He can run past players and cross the ball, hes got a good shot on him as well. His hair is awful tho.

So dont worry about how much money someone is on, or what has been written in the papers. Use your eyes as well as your heart and you'll see that garcia and kewell are both good additions to our squad, and im glad to have both of them
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion