Rafa's health?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:56 am

Its not for the first time Ive seen him looking very pale, blue bags under his eyes and under severe stress.
But yesterday he looked the worst Ive ever seen him.
People can ignore this fact and the media can still abuse him in the press, but I think its time they called it quits wishfull thinking on my part I know cause they wont.

Yes he does make mistakes but he is human and so do we all.
I just think his health is more important as a young man with 2 young children.
Stress is the biggest killer in the world, and we nearly lost Houllier due to it.
The man had open heart surgery that was a 10 hour op. brought on by poor results and managing a club the size of Liverpools stature.

Cant the players see how much pressure they are putting on him?
They earn more than him, they dont have sleepless nights, while he does looking how to find a solution on how to cure our travel sickness.

Its about time they woke up and fu.ckin realised they are letting down everyone from top to bottom its about time they pulled their fingers out their @rses and realise why they are here at LFC.

We dont see Rafa everyday whilst most of them do, surely if we can tell by looking at the man from a 5 minute press conference how much pressure and stress he is under.
Why cant they?
Why dont they do something about it and fast instead of feeling sorry for themselves.

They put themselves into this position in the first place and its only them that can get out of it.
Starting today and keep it going they seriously need a good look at themselves and have a word in private how bad Rafa looks.
Ecspecially those that where at the club when Houllier was the manager.
People can brush it off and not take it serious but I am very worried about his health.
Its about time the players relieved him of the stress.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:00 am

Agree with your post Ciggy we dont need another manager being hospitalised, so come on lads start winning and relieve Rafa of some unwanted stress. :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:05 am

jkop wrote:Agree with your post Ciggy we dont need another manager being hospitalised, so come on lads start winning and relieve Rafa of some unwanted stress. :nod

Jkop did you see him yesterday?
He looks bloody awful seriously. :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:15 am

ciggy it's lookin like it's takin it's toll on him big time also he's just bought a new property and has demolished it and starting from scratch he's there quite a bit and giving out advice and taking control of the workies (guess he cant help but be in control) the new house to me means he is here to stay for a good amount of time and i agree everyone should let up on the fella and give him some slack

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:20 am

This thread itself supports the facts that womens point of views are relevant in football, I doubt many blokes would of brought this topic up as we're more ingrossed in the football itself and forget about the health of managers etc.......

I just hope the pressure isnt straining him to the extent of seriously harming him, and I ehoe the point the players should all pull their finger out to release any strain on him.

I hope hes okay :)
66-1112520797

Postby jkop » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:35 am

Ciggy wrote:
jkop wrote:Agree with your post Ciggy we dont need another manager being hospitalised, so come on lads start winning and relieve Rafa of some unwanted stress. :nod

Jkop did you see him yesterday?
He looks bloody awful seriously. :no

Yes he does look awful, how many other managers in other sports do you hear of getting sick and sometimes needing hospital treatment all for their love of the game ? I know it cant be helped but it shouldnt happen in our game.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:49 am

I totally agree!

But to me the fact the players are not trying harder for the boss shouts the question 'are they happy with him and his tactics'??

Players need and desire a settled role,they feel they can better themselves and offer more doing the same job,week in week out.
I just feel that all is not good betwen Raffa and some of the players and this is why some are not giving their all for him.Maybe he feels he is loosing them a bit,which would be a lot more worrying than loosing games.

One things for sure,Raffa is as stubborn as a mule and will stick to his ideas regardless of pressure from any quarter...if we want him and LFC board want him the players will simply have to adapt to his way of thinking.
I firmly trust and believe that given time Benitez is the one to carry LFC into a new era...some people just dont seem to have enough time to give though!

When frustrations are vented(hopefully today at Boro) i think all will click into place pretty quick...and we will see the real Raffa and Liverpool fc!

The press can also be blamed for stress on his part,yes we all know they are worthless toerags but reading rumours and bullshi.t every day can take its toal!
Maybe Raffa is a bit more sensitive to critisism than his interviews portray!
66-1120597113

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:02 pm

Ciggy wrote:Its not for the first time Ive seen him looking very pale, blue bags under his eyes and under severe stress.
People can ignore this fact and the media can still abuse him in the press, but I think its time they called it quits wishfull thinking on my part I know cause they wont.

Stress is the biggest killer in the world, and we nearly lost Houllier due to it.
The man had open heart surgery that was a 10 hour op. brought on by poor results and managing a club the size of Liverpools stature.

They earn more than him, they dont have sleepless nights, while he does looking how to find a solution on how to cure our travel sickness.

Its about time they woke up and fu.ckin realised they are letting down everyone from top to bottom its about time they pulled their fingers out their @rses and realise why they are here at LFC.

We dont see Rafa everyday whilst most of them do, surely if we can tell by looking at the man from a 5 minute press conference how much pressure and stress he is under.
Why cant they?
Why dont they do something about it and fast instead of feeling sorry for themselves.

They put themselves into this position in the first place and its only them that can get out of it.
Starting today and keep it going they seriously need a good look at themselves and have a word in private how bad Rafa looks.
People can brush it off and not take it serious but I am very worried about his health.

I'm really sad to read this.

I hope Rafa well, he is a human being and if his Liverpool career is causing his health to detoriate then I hope he resigns, because his family and health are more important than his job.

I agree with you Ciggy, the players are letting him down, especially the captain, who has been poor this season.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:22 pm

Ciggy wrote:Its not for the first time Ive seen him looking very pale, blue bags under his eyes and under severe stress.

Why cant they?

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Best post I've seen in a long time.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:46 pm

daxy1 wrote:ciggy it's lookin like it's takin it's toll on him big time also he's just bought a new property and has demolished it and starting from scratch he's there quite a bit and giving out advice and taking control of the workies (guess he cant help but be in control) the new house to me means he is here to stay for a good amount of time and i agree everyone should let up on the fella and give him some slack

the guys might seem and look ill, but he can only help himself and swallow his pride and realise ROTATION (theres that word again) aint the way forward.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby alessandromagno » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:51 pm

We seem to have some problems with this. There was Souness too and his heart operation (though apparently not directly related) and I read somewhere him saying that it used to kill him how some players just didn't seem to care about wearing the red shirt. He added that he would never neglect his health again as he did while at Liverpool.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:04 pm

listen the guy might just be sick, getting over the flu or something

ill send him my nans recipe for pea soup, that`ll perk him up.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:23 am

i wouldnt blame him for looking pale and  bag under his eyes,
I'd say hes had a few sleepless nights over the last month,poor fella :p
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:51 pm

My mum mentioned how rough Rafa's looking too, I feel for the guy cos he seems a great bloke and I really hope thinks start to pick up so he can get a decent nights sleep, as most know he's bad for watching football highlights anyway but can you imagine how many times he's watch dvd's of our bad away games and had no sleep, if I had to watch our unentertaining away games over and over again I'd look like Rafa does at the moment, he must have a really patient wife thats for sure!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kop11 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:38 pm

can anyone tell me how to make these pictures with your user name on when u post a comment??? please iam new to this site! thanks ynwa
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion