Rafa's comments - Tottenham crying to the puffs that be

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:17 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Levy is a punk, whoring for some media attention.

Lets not forget that this is coming from a guy who had such integrity and moral courage that when he could've took Chelsea to the cleaners over "stealing" and "tapping-up" Spurs director of football, he then instead bowed to the financial muscle of Chelsea & took their money and ran.

At the end of the day, reports won't unsettle Defoe. If he's happy at Spurs and willing to fight for his place then he'll just ignore them. Keane had to wait for his chance at the start of the season and it's Defoe's turn now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:39 pm

Defoe really shined out last season he was playing great, but I havent seen nothing special this season, last season he reminded me a bit of Michael Owen, but I havent seen none of that this season TBH.
I like Robbie Keane as a player and person except for his goal celebration  :D that has to go its up there with Robert Earnshaws :D .
Mido is a quality centre forward for the prem considering he's egyptian, he has all the qualities to play for a top club in the prem.
This Levy fella I dont know much about TBH so I cant critise him.
One things for sure though is Spurs have finally got a great manager who knows what he's doing, Jenas is playing better than at Newcastle, and when our two teams meet we play football, not feckin ale house tactics like Bolton or Everton and no cheating like them Chelsea tw@ts.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:43 pm

agree lynds. i really rate martin jol, even if he does sound like a dutch dj crossed with the tasmanian devil :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:22 am

.. looks like a bit of  bull dog too ay .. but good manager.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:01 am

cisse played a set at a liverpool nightclub to launch his new fashion label, also in attendance was carragher, gerrard and sissoko so thats not what stopped his appearance in the . there must be some other reason for his absence
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:24 am

Liverpool: Agent holds the key 27/03/2006 00:00:00
Following a week of claim and counter claim it would appear that Djibril Cisse will probably leave Liverpool in the summer, but now we also have a manager up before the Premier League, with a row that may take a little while to defuse.

Ranko Stojic, the agent of the French striker would appear to have opened a hornet’s nest by stating that his client would the move to North London, joining Tottenham Hotspur.

Spurs has since denied ever being interested in the player, and have also affirmed their conviction in retaining Jermain Defoe at White Hart Lane, following a rather different version from Rafa Benitez.

Mr. Stojic must therefore be a complete liar as he claimed, ‘We know Tottenham are very interested. They got in touch with us on January 31 at 3pm. That was only a few hours before the market closed and we did not want to do business.'

'Tottenham should be in touch again this summer and Djibril is very interested.'

Tottenham’s statement of denial that they didn’t actually ever make an approach would then leave us to assume that Mr. Stojic is looking to engineer a transfer for his client, and he has certainly made any takers firmly aware of Cisse’s apparent availability.

He continued, 'The situation will sort itself out at the end of the season and I do not think the club will oppose his leaving if they can get £8m. Liverpool will need to sell in order to buy this summer.’ (Nice of the agent to tell everybody Liverpool’s financial situation!!)

However in the midst of all this, Rafa Benitez is reportedly none too happy with Spurs Chairman Daniel Levy as the Liverpool boss has claimed that he was offered Jermain Defoe in a swap deal for Cisse (….Like no-one could work that one out??), which then questioned Tottenham’s stance on their denial.

Benitez’s comments that Spurs were desperate to part company with Defoe has seen him reported to the Premier League, but has certainly thickened the plot around what actually may or may not have happened at the end of January.

Reports that Defoe was spotted at Liverpool Airport would suggest that something may well have been afoot and that Mr. Stojic may have had a point after all, but evidently the Tottenham player’s agent may be the one to ask.

Now it would seem that both Benitez and Jol are more than happy with their forwards, but of course the summer will more than likely bring a change of heart (although it would now appear unlikely that Liverpool and Spurs will do business).

As for Cisse, it would appear that his days are numbered as a Liverpool player, although when pressed on the subject he has always stated his own ambition to remain with The Reds.

Not too long has passed since Cisse’s brother claimed the striker was on his way back to France in a deal that would take him to Marseille, but this was again rubbished by the player.

Rafa Benitez has recently utilized Cisse’s speed by using him as a right-sided player; a position that the Spanish tactician has worked incredibly hard to find a solution for.

Benitez has been happy with the way Cisse has adapted in the current set-up, ‘We are missing solutions on the right. We need him in that position and his performances on the wing are satisfying’.

However, when pressed on Cisse’s long-term Anfield future Benitez said ‘I don’t want to talk about that now’, which is hardly encouraging for the player.       

Cisse has managed 12 goals this season, but has found regular first team opportunities more difficult to come by.

He was France’s top scorer during their qualification for the World Cup, although injuries to Thierry Henry and David Trezeguet would have aided this fact, and it would seem that the tournament this summer may well prove to be a shop-window for the former Auxerre striker.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:31 am

peewee wrote:cisse played a set at a liverpool nightclub to launch his new fashion label, also in attendance was carragher, gerrard and sissoko so thats not what stopped his appearance in the . there must be some other reason for his absence

I was only messing I didnt mean thats why he missed the game, he still could have played the game and be a DJ that night, he said a while ago when his football career is over he wants to be a DJ.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1143112803 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:18 am

Interesting discussion.
Just one little bit crucial fact is being ignored...Rafa rates Cisse over Defoe thats why he reckons spurs want to offload there excess baggage(defoe) for cisse.
112-1143112803

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion