Rafa's comments - Tottenham crying to the puffs that be

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:55 pm

parry has come out and said rafa is not interested in defoe..
puroresu

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:34 pm

Yes and the two clubs are in contact over this one.. which sounds like the sensible thing to do.

I mean you don't run to the incompetant crew that run our game, when the 'playground nice guy' has turned a bit nasty ... now do you :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4846964.stm
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:15 am

steffspurs wrote:Hello chaps,

Tottenham supporter here, I come in peace and with the spirit of discussion. Don;t usually sign up to other boards, but I've always had a healthy respect for Liverpool and had many a good day out at Anfield, so this story really bothered me.

In my opinion, your man Benitez has been done like a kipper via agents. Cisse's rep is obviously a :censored:-stirring :censored:, he's been harping on about his client since earlier in the season, and it is he who has been quoted as saying Cisse wants to move south, etc, blah blah blah. The ONLY time we've made a public comment to refute this, was when Jol was directly asked about it a couple of weeks ago, and he denied any interest.

Benitiez referred people to an 'interview' Levy gave in the Express on Feb 1st. If anyone wishes to see this report, I will happily post it. There is NO quote from Levy and NO interview.  Rafa's wrong.

I understand his frustration at agents and the increasing media :censored: which permeates every layer of the game. Remember how many weeks around Xmas we had to put up with hearing you were trying to buy Ledley King? Constant rumor, constant buzz. And then there was the dickhead who claimed Defoe had been seen at J L Airport in January! Did Levy or Jol jump all over Liverpool about those matters? No. Why? Because it's all about agents and media stirring the :censored:.

Nah, it's obvious to me that Rafa's been done like a kipper. He admits in his latest quotes that 'I speak to agents and they telll me, he does not remember what he has said but I remember'...I hope yoour chairman can make your boy see some sense, he needs to back down and cop to the fact he's been done by outside sources here.

Saddest thing is that many, many Yids really respected Benitez before this, and I personally would be happy to give him the benefit if he comes clean and cops to it. Let's face it, this sort of fire should've been directed towards that :censored: kenyon for the Gerrard fiasco!!!!

Anyhow, hope to have a mature discussion with some of you scousers about this,

Best wishes,

ThfcSteff

Seriously - I stand by what I said earlier.

Levy is a punk, whoring for some media attention.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steffspurs » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:13 am

First of all, thanks very much for both the warm welcome and smart discussion...as I said before, I've always enjoyed my days out at Anfield in the past precisely because Liverpool supporters know their footie and the majority are always ready to enjoy a discussion with other supporters.

reading the response to my post, I have to agree that these comments are so out of Bentiez's usual context that perhaps he has decided enough is enough and this is the unfortunate situation upon which he's decided to pin his argument.

I agree with the call for more transparency in trasnfer matters generally, and more than anything I really hope the Prem League crack down on these :censored:-stirring agents who cause all this :censored: to start with.

To Lando...mate, I doubt I'll change your viewpoint on levy as you seem to have a judgement of him, but I will say that he did only come out in defence of the our club (as he had a right to given the initial comments yer man made) but perhaps the truth here is that both our clubs are being dragged and pulled around by agents and media.

As was pointed out, I'm glad your chairman is involved in trying to sort things out, and hopefuly the matter can be resolved whilst also revealing the true manipulators at the core (agents).

Once again, really great to be able to have a decent exchange of views with you all on this matter, good luck for the season and let's hope that Sky Sports are not allowed to drive a wedge between Liverpool and Tottenham, two clubs who have always got on well (I was at Hilsborough in '81 when were it not for there being no fences we might've suffered the same tragedy that was inflcited upon your supporters by the police)...

Best Wishes,

Steffspur
steffspurs

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:36 am

I would like to say I dont care to much really about this fiasco, Benitez has said something that is way out of character which is unusual.  As long as he doent start turning into Jose Maureen overnight I couldnt care less.

By the way,welcome SteffSpur, its always good to hear a point of view from another supporter and good discussion along with it.
66-1112520797

Postby steffspurs » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:11 am

Thanks Bamaga man and back at ya :-)

I should add a final potentiallly guilty party in this whole fiasco would be Defoe's agent (formerly Campbell's)...I'll say no more but again, you wonder if in these situations those who hire said-men actually know what they're up to half the time!!! My guess would be a resounding 'no'...

On a sort-of related topic, a few things I'm interested in regarding the current Liverpool side...

1) Is loanee Scott Carson going the same way as Kirkland?
2) And what about Sinama-Pongolle? Any thoughts or suspicions there?
3) How do Scousers feel about Kewell at this moment?
4) Has Benitez rediscovered Hypia, or is he still interested in replacing him?

Cheers everyone,

Steffspur
steffspurs

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:15 am

in answer to your questions steffspurs

1. no
2. he'll be back
3. his wife is fit
4. both, especially for the long term
5. and if there was a number 5, defoe to lfc in the summer, cisse to spurs in a swap deal

:D :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:46 am

Welcome to the forum Steff.
I posted last night but my reply didnt appear ???
This is totally out of character for Rafa, he always keeps his transfer dealings behind closed doors.
I imagine you are correct that it may have been Ciss's agent or brother as they have been linking him with every club in europe this season.

Maybe Rafa had enough of the Cisse circus, is Cisse a good signing for Spurs? Well NO you have better in Robbie Keane, Mido and Defoe.

Is Defoe the right player for Liverpool NO I dont think he is TBH, Rafa likes players with all round team work and I dont think he fits the bill but thats just my opinion (however I could be wrong).

BTW Cisse was DJing in a Liverpool night club on saturday night came on stage at 12.30 in the Isis till god knows how late.
This will not please the Gaffa atall, I fancy he will be gone at the end of the season his 14 million price tag was a rip off as was that of Diouf for 10 million, we got stung on both transfers.

I dont know if you have seen the full interview from Rafa and not just that cut out bit rehashed on SKY, the reporter starts talking about Cisse but Rafa thinks he is talking about Defoe, and then Rafa poured out all what had been going on.

Its totally out of character for him and its not the Liverpool way of doing buisness either I was quite shocked TBH and Rafa was wrong for doing this but something must have upset him.

I hope it all blows over as we have a good relationship with Spurs, lets not be hating each other like the mancs and that blue shower of sh.ite from across the park. I like what Spurs have at the moment and when we play each other theres no bad blood just 2 great footballing teams on show hope it hasnt been spoiled now.

Good luck for the rest of the season hope you get 4th.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:58 am

steffspurs wrote:On a sort-of related topic, a few things I'm interested in regarding the current Liverpool side...

1) Is loanee Scott Carson going the same way as Kirkland?
2) And what about Sinama-Pongolle? Any thoughts or suspicions there?
3) How do Scousers feel about Kewell at this moment?
4) Has Benitez rediscovered Hypia, or is he still interested in replacing him?

Cheers everyone,

Steffspur

To answer some of your questions,(1) Scott Carson has been MOTM for Sheff wed been getting some good reports, hopefully one for the future plus he would have been a waste at Chelsea, but he wont oust Reina or Dudek at the moment.

(2) Pongolle is rumoured to be off to Everton next season, he no longer has a future at Liverpool had a barny with Rafa before he went on loan, then said everton has more scouser than Liverpool, which didnt go down to well with some of us.  :D

(3) Kewell has been great since he came back from injury, had about 2 or 3 bad games a few weeks ago, but his form is back and we are finally starting to see the Harry from old.
Great that Rafa kept the faith in him when most had given up.
Super goal against the bitters on saturday, so we are well pleased with him just wish he would get his hair cut  :D

(4) Hyypia has had one of his best seasons so far for us, he has been immense him and Carra, he is a bit slow with his age, but our trusted backline of 4 has been rock solid this season our clean sheets prove it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:07 am

My brief thoughts are that if Rafa wanted Defoe he'd have been more discreet.  If he wanted Cisse to go to Spurs he'd have been more discreet.  It appears that he wanted to blow the whole thing out of the water and this was the only way he could do it.

Having said that, I think he was disrespectful to Spurs and he should apologise (privately would do).  On this occasion he broke his usual high standards of dignity and respect for others.  If I was a Spurs fan I'd be calling him rotten.

:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby redskye » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:13 am

Cisse was not even on the bench for Saturday's game - I didn't read anywhere that he was injured. Given the lack of pace in the blue. :censored: defence I found this very surprising - he could have been effective in the last 30mins or so. Has Rafa had enough of under-performing Cisse being hawked around by his agent/s? He is/was very angry and the Spurs rant was completely out of character.
"By the Grace of God born Scouse"
redskye

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:22 am

redskye wrote:Cisse was not even on the bench for Saturday's game - I didn't read anywhere that he was injured. Given the lack of pace in the blue. :censored: defence I found this very surprising - he could have been effective in the last 30mins or so. Has Rafa had enough of under-performing Cisse being hawked around by his agent/s? He is/was very angry and the Spurs rant was completely out of character.

No he was DJing at a Liverpool night club that night so therefore could'nt play  :Oo:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:33 am

Ciggy wrote:
redskye wrote:Cisse was not even on the bench for Saturday's game - I didn't read anywhere that he was injured. Given the lack of pace in the blue. :censored: defence I found this very surprising - he could have been effective in the last 30mins or so. Has Rafa had enough of under-performing Cisse being hawked around by his agent/s? He is/was very angry and the Spurs rant was completely out of character.

No he was DJing at a Liverpool night club that night so therefore could'nt play  :Oo:

Honestly  :oh:  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 pm

he's one game away from a payment to Auxerre
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steffspurs » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:02 pm

Hello Ciggy,

Cheers for those responses...very cool. With regards to the first one, to be fair no Spurs supporter I know wants Cisse or thinks he'd fit either. We want JD to stay (and I think he might well do so, last season all this sort of stuff was around Keano and he's well in now)...I was alarmed to read what you said about Cisse DJing at midnight (!!!!!) really bizarre behavior...and yes, I agree, let's see this blow over quickly and have 'normal service resumed' between our clubs. I actuallly think that right now our respective sides are playing the game in the right style spirit, no divers or cheaters that I can name on either team and a case in point for quality would indeed be the match at Anfield this season where one mistake by Stalteri in not watching Kewell allowed the latter to execute a quite stunning display of technique and win a very even match with an exceptional goal.

One other thing...Pongolle is really rumored to Everton? Christ, that would be weird...

Good luck for the rest of your season mate, and hope you spank Cheatski in the cup...

Steffspurs
steffspurs

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion