Rafa reveals his five a side team

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Owzat wrote:
Rush Job wrote:You dont play a formation in 5 a side, his team makes sence. You need players who can do it all.

Which is why I'm surprised Roberto Green is the first to mention Kuyt.

I'd go with Reina, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Kuyt and Torres. All able to play on the ball, win it back, score, (pick a) pass and contribute all-round. I don't know why so many have gone with Mascherano, I'd be tempted to play Benayoun but reckon those five would be better although you could put Yossi in for Torres perhaps

You picked six mate  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Owzat » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:58 pm

s@int wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Rush Job wrote:You dont play a formation in 5 a side, his team makes sence. You need players who can do it all.

Which is why I'm surprised Roberto Green is the first to mention Kuyt.

I'd go with Reina, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Kuyt and Torres. All able to play on the ball, win it back, score, (pick a) pass and contribute all-round. I don't know why so many have gone with Mascherano, I'd be tempted to play Benayoun but reckon those five would be better although you could put Yossi in for Torres perhaps

You picked six mate  :D

Perfect five-a-side then!

I did adjust it while posting, especially trying to fit in dribblers etc, but even so  :blush:
Last edited by Owzat on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:57 pm

I think you'd be mad not to have Yossi in, he's about the best technical player in the PL. I think Torres would be lost in the 5 a side game, not enough space to break away between midfield and attack, not allowed into the penalty area to sneak away from his man.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Kuyt in a 5 a side ? not in a million years ....

Id have Gerrard and Johnson at the back with Riera and Benny further forward... Think Riera is probably the best we have in tight spaces and his left foot offers something different... Its all about possession... vision and good movement off the ball.. Torres misses out because of his first touch, Kuyt misses out for every reason in the world... Mascherano wouldnt be a bad pick, i think he has okay ball control but lacks vision and his closing down i dont think is that important in 5 a sides...

anyways... surprised Riera hasnt made more squads...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Pepe

Agger
Johnson
Gerrard
Torres

Subs-

Yossi
Kuyt
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:25 pm

I'd have one of our top assists and goalscorers in the XI a side version, and a hard working tackler in the side over a lot of the fancy dans others might have. Five-a-side isn't just about dribbling, it is also about finding space, passing and moving and sticking the ball in the net. Fill the side with dribbling fancy dans and we'd get mullered, no ball winners, players trying to dribble more than they pass etc. Might as well pick Babel in it ??? Better the all-round hard workers than lazy feckers who would pretend like they were trying to get back and defend, but breaking more sweat to make sure they don't get the right side of the ball than to get the right side of the ball.

And if Kuyt's such a poor pick, I hate to think what Mascherano is. No vision, poor passing over most ranges, no shot worth mentioning and while he might be a quick back-tackler, I'd rather have someone who can dribble, pass and shoot (or at least two of the three)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:32 pm

cor blimey the 5 a side thread is getting heated now :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:47 pm

To be fair to Dirk he`s probably got the worst first touch in the squad, I honestly believe Ive got a better first touch than Dirk but then so does me nan.
Worth his place in our 11 but I wouldnt even let him watch our 5 a side.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion