Rafa rejects new contract offer - BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:12 pm

RAFA Benitez has rejected the contract offered to him by Liverpool Football Club.

The Spaniard insists he will only agree to the new deal if given more control over football matters - rather than having to answer to a club chief executive.

Benitez, who insists money is not an issue, has informed American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett of his stand.

Today he said: “"The owners feel that the manager's decisions need to be subject to the chief executive.

“But I know that I am subject to results and to our fans and they are the best judges I will ever have.”

----------------------

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....2708447

----------------------

Behind Rafa on this one.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:16 pm

too right - stick to your guns rafa!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:16 pm

Please don't let this be a big drawn out saga in the middle of the season, it is the last thing we need.

Give the man the contract he wants, I dont for one min blame him for rejecting it.

We will have Cobi Jones on the wing and Alexi Lalas at the back if the other two muppets have there way
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Thats ok with me, I trust Rafa knows what he is doing and its for the best for Liverpool Football Club.

I wonder how his condition compares to say the power/influence that Fergie has at OT?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:26 pm

well the echos report is better than what has just been said on Radio 5 live, they said he has told the club he will quite the club in Weeks if the contract is not to his and the fans needs.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:28 pm

lakes10 wrote:well the echos report is better than what has just been said on Radio 5 live, they said he has told the club he will quite the club in Weeks if the contract is not to his and the fans needs.

do you get all your news from 5 live?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:32 pm

Judge wrote:
lakes10 wrote:well the echos report is better than what has just been said on Radio 5 live, they said he has told the club he will quite the club in Weeks if the contract is not to his and the fans needs.

most of it and over the years they have ben spot on when it comes to our club (not so good over the last few weeks as i sure they been getting info off of Mark Lawrenson who knows nothing).
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:33 pm

So what the hell would be the point in having a Chief Executive officer then. Of course the manager has to answer to the CEO, that's how it works in the real world Rafa!!
If he goes due to this then good because if these reports are true then he's being a pr1ck. His transfers are very hit and miss so to give him 100% control could be a disaster!

BTW I hope this is being blown out of proportion, I want him to stay until the end of this season at least.
heimdall

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:36 pm

Judge wrote:

I seriously think Lakes needs to change his userid to Radio 5 Live...

I'm with Dundalk, I broadly support Rafa on this because it's the system that works best in England and because Rick Parry's been poor at finalizing deals.  BUT, if this in any way affects performances on the pitch then it couldn't have come at a worse time.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:37 pm

heimdall wrote:So what the hell would be the point in having a Chief Executive officer then. Of course the manager has to answer to the CEO, that's how it works in the real world Rafa!!
If he goes due to this then good because if these reports are true then he's being a pr1ck. His transfers are very hit and miss so to give him 100% control could be a disaster!

BTW I hope this is being blown out of proportion, I want him to stay until the end of this season at least.

What makes Rick Parry qualified to judge whether a player is worth this or that amount of money?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Judge wrote:

I seriously think Lakes needs to change his userid to Radio 5 Live...

I'm with Dundalk, I broadly support Rafa on this because it's the system that works best in England and because Rick Parry's been poor at finalizing deals.  BUT, if this in any way affects performances on the pitch then it couldn't have come at a worse time.

well if this turns out wrong on the info side then i think i will.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:40 pm

You said what i was thinking - parry has shown he knows feck all
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:41 pm

Dundalk wrote:Please don't let this be a big drawn out saga in the middle of the season, it is the last thing we need.

Give the man the contract he wants, I dont for one min blame him for rejecting it.

We will have Cobi Jones on the wing and Alexi Lalas at the back if the other two muppets have there way

Let me play devils advocate just for a minute?

I don't think Rafa can hold out for too long. If he wins nothing this season then just how good is he - three seasons without a trophy and a shed load od questionable transfer deals. Or are they to be blamed on Parry?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:41 pm

heimdall wrote:So what the hell would be the point in having a Chief Executive officer then. Of course the manager has to answer to the CEO, that's how it works in the real world Rafa!!

Would you rather have H&G and the CEO decide which players come to Liverpool FC.  Rafa's choice of players may be hit and miss but getting the muppets above decide would be totally crazy.

I doubt whether they know much about the players the club needs.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:42 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I'm with Dundalk, I broadly support Rafa on this because it's the system that works best in England and because Rick Parry's been poor at finalizing deals.  BUT, if this in any way affects performances on the pitch then it couldn't have come at a worse time.

Same here but I wish it wasn't happening now. The problem is that it all ties back in to the yanks falling out with out eachother. It's all been quiet on that front for a while now (thankfully) but it seemed pretty obvious that Rafa is not a fan of Parry, neither is Hicks but Gillette backed/backs him so I can't see how this is gonna end? Unfortunately it is gonna be another battle of brinkmanship in which someone will have to lose face. It's a stand-off, and despite the fact I see Rafa's point and agree that Parry is a poor CEO I wish the manager was less confrontational. We are in the title race and the focus needs to be on the pitch.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion